Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 AM

27 posts, read 28,972 times

Advertisements

hi there eveyone. Well this is my first thread.
Can someone help me please? Ok well im hoping to go on vacation in august with my family and i usually stay in the same hotel.
I would like to think that i get on with the staff very well. There is someone who works there in particular that im very attracted to. I have spoken to her a few times. Her office is just outside the gym and so i see her often and stop to talk to her. I friended her on facebook for a while but she is very busy to talk and so i deleted her.
Everytime i speak to her i get this unusual quick, exciting pounding feeling in my heart, which i dont get when i talk to other girls. I want to ask her out if i see her this year but the only problem is she is about six years older than me, she knows my parents better than she knows me and talks to them often there and so it would feel awkward if i asked her out. She has an upper management position in this hotel, im not sure what her actual orientation is and i have heard around that she has trust issues with men. Also i asked her friend out a few years ago and she turned me down, and she is much more attractive than her friend is and so i feel she will almost guarantee to do the same.
It bothers me because when i usally want to do something, nothing stops me i just go and do it. But i feel that the reasons mentioned are what is holding me back.
I feel like a jerk saying this but i would love to get her in bed and have many times fantasized about her. But mostly i would love to go out on a date with her, get to know her better and if a relationship blossoms out of it- great!!
I sense that maybe i have a chance with her because last year while i was talking to her, i teased that i was going to ask her out. I walked a bit closer to her and said 'ummmm'' and then after a short pause i said ''nevermind'' and then i walked away. But in reflecting i noticed that in between this pause her face seemed to light up. Is this a good sign?
So can you help me please? Im open to any opinions or criticisms.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Just do it.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:56 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
You can certainly try, but most responsible hotel employees aren't going to make a habit of dating guests. Besides, your post talks mostly about how attractive you find her, but not very much about how she might feel about you, other than in general customer service pleasantries sense.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:13 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,961,723 times
Just ask her out. If she says no then just move on. It's not like the world is going to end.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:07 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
I ask girls out with those types of jobs all the time, every once in a while itll work out but muuuuuuch more times than not I'm rejected.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:18 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You can certainly try, but most responsible hotel employees aren't going to make a habit of dating guests. Besides, your post talks mostly about how attractive you find her, but not very much about how she might feel about you, other than in general customer service pleasantries sense.
I work in a hotel, And this post is correct. they usually will not engage with guests on a personal level like that. Smaller, non-chain hotels you would have a larger chance though.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:24 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Hot girl, hotel employee. Just wondering? You probably think that you are the only one that is interested in her right? I am thinking that if she is as you wrote, then getting asked out is a regular thing with her and it happens often. Still who knows, you could be the one.

What I would do with the information that you are gleaning from this encounter, is that one, you are interested in this kind of girl. If their is a type, she may be the type you want. That is good to know. For me I also have a type that I am interested in. I love petite woman that are on the short side. I love it when they wear short dresses or skirts, and not all women like to dress that way anymore. I love long hair. I even like a specific shape, lets say. Still that is me and for the most part I have kept with what I like. Although I stopped browsing long ago I haven't stopped looking at the newer models. LOL Then again I keep that to myself.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 PM

625 posts, read 902,860 times
Just ask her. The worst that can happen is she saying no. But I'm curious, if you only go to that hotel on vacation (unless I misread your post), when will you have time to date. Is the hotel close to your home. Something is off with your post. Best of luck.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:16 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
People are people regardless of where they work at. If she is attracted to you she will go out with you.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:40 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
Just ask her. The worst that can happen is she saying no. But I'm curious, if you only go to that hotel on vacation (unless I misread your post), when will you have time to date. Is the hotel close to your home. Something is off with your post. Best of luck.
I also thought the same thing. Anyways the worst thing that can happen is that she says no and you have to look for another hotel to stay in in the future out of embarrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships