Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times

Advertisements

To be fair, I find cooking at home to be more expensive and work-intensive than going out.
At least if you do it all gourmet, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 10:02 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,384,691 times
INMO this woman really has no shame. She asks her BF for money. I have never asked a man for money, and never will. She had no real reason to ask him for money...I think that this is a slippery slope, to her wanting him to support her all the time, for everything...

I wonder if this has happened often, and she has not paid him back...that is the real issue. And he finally got tired of it.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:14 AM

76 posts, read 150,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
To be fair, I find cooking at home to be more expensive and work-intensive than going out.
At least if you do it all gourmet, etc.
It can be if the meal is fancy or if you have to buy all the ingredients. Usually though, in a typical house there will be at least some of the ingredients and usually there will also be a lot of left overs for the next day which will offset the cost. As far as time/labor aspect, I don't mind that, I actually think it's a good bonding opportunity. That wasn't my point though. If a girl only offers to cook in home meals for the guy and never takes him out, it's natural for the guy to think that's what she wants and to stop taking her out.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJackRabbit View Post
It can be if the meal is fancy or if you have to buy all the ingredients. Usually though, in a typical house there will be at least some of the ingredients and usually there will also be a lot of left overs for the next day which will offset the cost. As far as time/labor aspect, I don't mind that, I actually think it's a good bonding opportunity. That wasn't my point though. If a girl only offers to cook in home meals for the guy and never takes him out, it's natural for the guy to think that's what she wants and to stop taking her out.
Good point.
I would rather eat in than go out and eat crappy restaurant food any day of the week.

It's only a good bonding experience if you are both cooking. Not if one is all tied up in the kitchen and the other one is doing something else.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:24 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,597 times
What's up with the pity party in this thread?

This poster comes in here to explain her story, but it's a bit more telling that she listed both of their incomes. 200k + vs 30K, is anyone really surprised by her behavior? If he's banking that much you should be thankful. You post on a message board to justify your behavior? hey what if the rent was due and he looked to you and said "I don't have it". He rightfully so should be upset, regardless of the $ amount it's about being responsible. As far as I can see the biggest mistake he's made is allowing you to live with him.

Quote:
Sounds a bit lazy, no?

There's nothing work intensive about creating a hand prepared meal that treats your body right.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:29 AM

19,728 posts, read 20,271,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post

There's nothing work intensive about creating a hand prepared meal that treats your body right.
Depending on what you're making, it can be, but it's definitely worth it and tastes freaking awesome.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,388 times
Either she is, or you're not being forthcoming in your comments on c-d.

Quote:
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. She leads such a life of privation.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:42 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,283,522 times
Saritaschihuahua,
I see you demand a man to pay for your dating expenses, take you out, pay bills, give money, etc. What do you bring to the table? Company and sex, am I correct?

Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,388 times
There surely must be a reason why you're attempting to justify the cheapskate's ill behavior.

As to me, we're not discussing me. I bring to the table what I bring to the table.

Let me ask you - what do you bring to the table? Cheapness? (In case you still don't realize it, that's a negative attribute).

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Saritaschihuahua,
I see you demand a man to pay for your dating expenses, take you out, pay bills, give money, etc. What do you bring to the table? Company and sex, am I correct?

Old 06-15-2012, 12:12 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,283,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
There surely must be a reason why you're attempting to justify the cheapskate's ill behavior.
Let’s see here, many people have said it already but here it goes…a guy pays for her roof, her bills, her vacations, her meals and drinks when they go out, etc. And she decides to go out shopping without a mere $20 in her pocket. Who goes shopping without money? The only thing she is supposed to do and she can’t? She has a job that pays her $35,000 and she can’t handle that simple little thing after this guy hands her everything in a silver platter?

So you say a guy that takes care of the mortgage, has a roof over her head, pays for her bills, takes her out on vacations, takes care of her meals and drinks, etc. while having a girl enjoy all that for free (buys groceries 2 or 3 times a month for 2 people only), is a cheap guy?

Quote:
As to me, we're not discussing me. I bring to the table what I bring to the table.
If you have a guy that buys you stuff, takes care of your meals and drinks, puts a roof over your head, gives you money, and so on while you offer company and sex, you know what that makes of you.

Quote:
Let me ask you - what do you bring to the table? Cheapness? (In case you still don't realize it, that's a negative attribute).
My girl and I romance each other, we take each other out, we both take care of the expenses, we both take the initiative, and so on. We’re a team. It’s not a one-sided relationship which seems to be what you prefer. In my relationship we are both givers and takers.

I answered, so how about you? What do you bring to the table? Company and sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships