Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 04:57 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times

Advertisements

So for the last month and a half I've seen this women around. She caught my eye and I may have caught hers. Well we've never said anything to each other during that timeframe bc she is always busy with her clients and I'm busy trying to get my tasks done. Just a simple smile and wave. So a couple of days ago she came over to me and introduced herself. We chatted for about 2 mins as she had to finish with her client and I had to finish my stuff.

Two days ago I saw her and since she had just finished with a client I decided to go up to her and talk. So we chatted for about 5 mins and at the end of the convo she gives me her business card and that's when she said "Call me".

She's between 38 & 42 and I'm 35. Even though I'm 35 I'm not really one to talk on the phone. I mainly text bc it's easier. The only time I talk on the phone is when I talk to my mother or my sister when we're trying to make plans.

However, I don't know if I should call this woman bc I don't know what I would talk about. I'm better in person but as I said before it's really hard to get in those convos when we see each other.

Ladies, what would expect a guy to do in this situation? If he didn't call would you think that he isn't interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 05:04 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
If he didn't call would you think that he isn't interested?
I bet you need this sign too, huh ?

Old 06-21-2012, 05:35 AM

845 posts, read 1,349,493 times
The hardest part to know is when. Everything else is a no brainer. If you like this person why not talk to her more?

However, you have said she has clients and she gave you her business card and told you to call her. She didn't say, "Call me sometime", or, "Will you call me later?" These are more down to Earth than, "Call me", which seems like she's trying to get you into her business more so than just talk to you via a friendship.

Last edited by mitopcat; 06-21-2012 at 05:55 AM..

Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,648 times
Quote:
However, I don't know if I should call this woman bc I don't know what I would talk about. I'm better in person
"Hello, is this business woman? This is he's so hott, how are you? Good! I wanted to know if you wanted to grab a drink or have dinner sometime. Great, how about _______ after work?"

You can say lunch but she seems busy from what you wrote and might be easily distracted, rushed or cancel on you.

If she's a classy business woman, I'd choose an appropriate place with a full bar and not be cheap. No chili's or olive garden.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 AM

3,925 posts, read 6,839,150 times
Is this a coworker? Many would tell you to not pursue her in an obvious fashion if she is. Of course, if you like her, you should call her. That is the obvious part. As the above poster mentioned, just use it as an opportunity to speak in private and ask her out.

If she gave you her business card, she is DEFINITELY interested. Know that, and tell yourself that because it will make things much easier on you. You don't have to impress her much, you just need to not ruin what you have already established. The ball is in your court my friend.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:22 AM

270 posts, read 409,578 times
The subject line says it all. Duh. Call her, forcryingoutloud. Sheesh!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:05 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Are you interested? If so, grow some balls and call her. If you're not interested, don't.

No idea why this needs a thread. Perhaps I can hop over to the parenting forum and read a thread that says, "my kid said, "I'm hungry", what should I do?".

Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Don't call her and forget she ever existed.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:12 AM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Don't call her and forget she ever existed.

This. She's no doubt just messing with your head and really doesn't want you to call her or is even interested in you. I don't know how much more obvious this woman can be. After all the only things she's done is told you call her, talked to you, been friendly and nice and given you a means to get hold of her.

I've asked this before, but is this relationship stuff really this hard for your generation?

Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,567 times
Quote:
So for the last month and a half I've seen this women around. She caught my eye and I may have caught hers. Well we've never said anything to each other during that timeframe bc she is always busy with her clients and I'm busy trying to get my tasks done. Just a simple smile and wave. So a couple of days ago she came over to me and introduced herself. We chatted for about 2 mins as she had to finish with her client and I had to finish my stuff.

Two days ago I saw her and since she had just finished with a client I decided to go up to her and talk. So we chatted for about 5 mins and at the end of the convo she gives me her business card and that's when she said "Call me".

She's between 38 & 42 and I'm 35. Even though I'm 35 I'm not really one to talk on the phone. I mainly text bc it's easier. The only time I talk on the phone is when I talk to my mother or my sister when we're trying to make plans.

However, I don't know if I should call this woman bc I don't know what I would talk about. I'm better in person but as I said before it's really hard to get in those convos when we see each other.

Ladies, what would expect a guy to do in this situation? If he didn't call would you think that he isn't interested?

Call her. Do not text her. Invite her to have coffee/a drink. Then meet her as arranged. Seriously, where's the mystery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships