Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:21 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
My troubles lately have come from flaking. I'm at about a 50% date flake rate not to mention the countless phone numbers that go nowhere that could be considered flakes. I've tried a lot of things to reduce flaking but the conclusion I came with is that female flaking is their nature. Whether its from meeting her up at a bar, club, online, they flake out at the same rate. Even meeting them in the daytime when they are sober doesn't work. You will get a phone number that will lead to nowhere. At this point i don't even listen to the ridiculous excuses the females make to rationalize their flaking. Common ones include long day at work, overtime, their friend has a "crisis" (really popular one), they forgot, their friend/sister/mother just came into town.

It's almost sad that I have easier time seducing a girl on a date to have sex than I do actually getting a girl to meetup with me. My friends solution to it was to always double book dates because almost always one of them flakes. If both don't, he just cancels and reschedules her to another day (according to him, ironically flaking on her sometimes makes her more attracted to him). I'm considering using that option. Another tactic that doesn't apply to me unfortunately due to my location, is to setup dates at a spot walking distance to you like a bar or restaurant. Then stay at home and only leave when she calls you to tell you that she arrived.

I want to know how you guys respond to flakes. Its a lose lose situation. If you call her out, you look like you are a butthurt loser. If you let it slide, you tell her that you are chump that will let her get away with flaking.
Don't put up with it or worry about it. Just take a don't care attitude and you will take the power back.

Always have another option in the wings for a date or activity to do instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Exactly. If you get flaked on, forget about her and move on. I dont think ive been flaked on in years, so perhaps youre doing something wrong? If you set up a date and she flakes, delete her number and never give it another thought. She obviously doesnt care. life is short.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:04 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I don't like making plans really far in advance for dating, so, yes, I have flaked on occasion. However, it usually meant that he was not someone I was too excited about seeing anyways....

Old 07-19-2012, 08:05 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I know a lot of this goes against what people say about women, but one thing I've noticed is that the girls that flake on me are the ones I really am not excited about going out with myself. It happens if I'm talking to more than one girl at the time. My guess is that it's possible the ones that flake are because you're putting more attention into the other girls and not really doing as much to keep her interested.

Obviously I'm not saying to put her on a pedestal, it's the last thing I'd say, but women DO need their attention. If a girl flakes.. are you typically relieved or dissapointed?

Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,517 times
I'd take a much simpler approach and nip it in the bud before you even make arrangements to meet up.

Ask her while on the phone when you make arrangements for the 1st date.

"So are you SURE you'll show up for this, because lets face it---I can not STAND dealing with flakes"

If she still in sluggish then say something like.....

"Listen, I do NOT want to meet up with you unless you are absolutely certain that you will show up"

Chances are good by then they she will KNOW not to mess with you because YOU were the one who has made it known to her first that you will not tolerate that kind of behavior.

While not 100% foolproof, I bet you will stop 8 or 9 out of 10 would-be-flakes right in their tracks by doing just this.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
I'd take a much simpler approach and nip it in the bud before you even make arrangements to meet up.

"So are you SURE you'll show up for this, because lets face it---I can not STAND dealing with flakes"

"Listen, I do NOT want to meet up with you unless you are absolutely certain that you will show up"

Chances are good by then they she will KNOW not to mess with you because YOU were the one who has made it known to her first that you will not tolerate that kind of behavior.

While not 100% foolproof, I bet you will stop 8 or 9 out of 10 would-be-flakes.

I bet you'd also stop even more who didn't plan on flaking with this approach. If you're setting up a first date it should be happy and positive, not a "you're gonna die if you cancel".

Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:

While not 100% foolproof, I bet you will stop 8 or 9 out of 10 would-be-flakes right in their tracks by doing just this.
That would signal to me that he has a chip on his shoulder or something. No thanks.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:15 AM

770 posts, read 1,177,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
1. Don't get your hopes up.

2. Don't try to hard to get numbers, get their interest, try to 'woo' them. Let them come to you.

3. The '3 strike' rule. If she flakes on you 3 times with excuses, that's it. It's very likely she's screwing with you.
I like this, although I agree with what someone else said, 3 strikes is too many. It would be 2 for me.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:20 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
I'd reccomend head and shoulders

Old 07-19-2012, 08:33 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:

No way. Terrible advice. Makes you look weak and desperate. You have to play it off cool and as if youre only mildly interested. If you say things like this, it makes you look like you need reassurance that she wont blow you off, as if youre expecting to be blown off. A guy with confidence wouldnt worry about some nonsense like that. what i usually do, is shoot her a quick text a day before on hours before, to confirm that we're sill on. Her reassuring you that wont flake, has zero impact on whether she will or not, and likely makes it more likely that she would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships