Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think I should do?
Don't give up, just give things a little more time. 3 13.04%
Give up and move on with your life. 10 43.48%
tl;dr 10 43.48%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:39 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times

Advertisements

Maybe Leon secretly wants you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 06:50 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
I'm bored and I read the whole thing.

Why in the world would you tell the world (i.e. all your coworkers) that you have a thing for this girl? That is the worst thing a guy can do. I would hate to be the girl that everyone knew a 'secret' about. That was your biggest mistake. Learn to keep your mouth shut and you'll avoid these problems.

I guy that shares too much is a huge turn off for me. Ugh.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:41 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
The religion thing tells me it won't work. She likes you, yes, but you have no idea what those people are like in their secret little world. You don't have a chance.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:48 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Is this a soap opera in text form? lol!

Okay OP, I have this advice - start all over unless you want lifelong drama.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:37 AM

3,984 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
I especially think its kind of funny hes shopping for a "high intellegence girl" and targeted someone who works at Walmart, is religious, and is a right wing nut job with a clear lack of understanding of current policies and economics. Id probably peg her IQ somewhere around 90-95.
I don't know if I'd go that far BUT...I was thinking the same thing. I didn't want to make disparaging remarks about Walmart employees, but the way he went on about his high standards I thought he might've, should've, "upped" his standards.

And I'm glad you've made it work with your wife...I believe two people who are dedicated to making it work can overcome such opposite views. But, this isn't even a relationship, not even anything and he's already five steps behind. I think, in this case, that particular obstacle would be too big to address. And we really don't know how devout she is or if she's a nut job or has a secret little world, as another posted. We just know he's a bit of a nut.

I'm thinking he's beginning to see his errors...hoping he'll remember that for next time.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:19 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Yes, becasue someone working at wal mart surely has low IQ. Could you people be any more judgmental and close minded? She could be putting herself through school or it may be her second job to have ends meet. There isnt a job on this planet that a person should be ashamed of. pffft.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:57 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yes, becasue someone working at wal mart surely has low IQ. Could you people be any more judgmental and close minded? She could be putting herself through school or it may be her second job to have ends meet. There isnt a job on this planet that a person should be ashamed of. pffft.
I probably should've rephrased a couple of things b/c I agree with you: there isn't a job on the planet anyone should be ashamed of. And I TRULY mean that. Honestly, she sounded like a "student" to me who was probably trying to earn a buck like everyone else.

I guess it struck me funny because he gave SO MUCH information about his politics, her religion etc. and I suppose I wasn't expecting them to work at a Walmart. There's nothing wrong there but there seemed to be a big contrast in his comments. Ah, what can I say? I didn't mean for it to come off snotty.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:55 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStarman View Post
I am beginning to think that perhaps my co-worker was right in saying that I shouldn't just give up, and Claire seems to have forgiven me? All I want is another chance, even if just to be friends; I've learned from my mistakes and I feel confident that I can can turn things around. What do you guys think I should do?
Sorry but it's horrible disrespectful to expect people to read something that long. Given that you needed a book to explain your question, I'm guessing that the solution is that you need to work on being less long winded.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:08 AM

3 posts, read 2,335 times
Thank you everyone for the advice, however I think I'm just going to move on and not talk to Claire anymore. Perhaps in the distant future her and I will be friends, but for now I'm just going to get on with my life. I can proudly say though, that I have learned a lot from this experience.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:41 AM

3 posts, read 2,017 times
I completely disagree with your decision and all the posters here. Her religion versus your atheism is not an issue. I laugh when I think about my friends' certainty at 20 years old ("I could never date/marry someone who isn't xyz!"). They all ended up with the opposite. Secondly, do not give up on attraction. You are attracted to her for a reason. And don't wait for weeks. Do you really have something more important to do? No. Just tell her, "Sorry about all the drama. I can't help but like you." Ask her out. The worst thing you can do is do nothing. And I am 100 percent certain that you will never forget this girl. You would not have written such a long post. Save it somewhere for your grandkids. Unlike me and everyone else on this forum, they will read the whole thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships