Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 06:40 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
They usually hide behind "tradition"
Why does it have to be 'hiding'? There are men who prefer to do the asking; there have been a couple on this thread that favored that. Then there are men who dont mind being asked. I have done both, but for ME....I find it has worked when I let the guy do the asking. For me, things have worked when i have made sure I was approachable to the guy, and let him do the asking. I dont have a problem with asking, but yeah I myself am more traditional that way. AND talking to male friends and or guys I have dated, while they dont MIND it once in a while, they all have said they kind of like to do the asking, but are fine with and encourage a woman to drop hints if she is interested, but let the guy take the lead and ask.

Now of course, im sure all men dont care about that, but you get used to what you have experienced, and that's what you run with. Plus, to be honest I kind of like a guy that is at least man enough to have the courage to ask me out if he is interested. Im not a total b---ch, even If I dont like the guy. Im very polite, and will also respond respectfully, even if im not interested. I work in Law enforcement, and I have had guys who had done some jail time and were doing community service check me out and make comments to me. Im sure they knew it that wasnt gonna happen, but I give them props to have the balls to say "I dont care she's still a woman!"... and try to talk to me. LOL I dont like control freak men, but I still like a man who can take the lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 11:53 PM

845 posts, read 1,348,496 times
As a guy, I don't think I would have a problem with a woman doing the asking. Now, if you're old fashioned and like a certain guy, don't drop such subtle hints and expect them to know what going on in your head.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 AM

495 posts, read 684,344 times
Dolls Eyes why exactly can't you get dates? Are you out of shape? Do you display a bitter and bit.chy attitude to the men you meet?I think you should heed the advice that women give to the desprate and bitter men on this board.

1.Work on yourself first. no one can love you unless you love yourself first.

2. Join a gym and get into the best shape you have ever been in.Getting in shape should be for you first and formost, getting noticed is a nice side benifit.

3.Cultivate new hobbies and learn something new.

4.Smile more and be nicer to people.

5.Dress better and work on your hygine.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Yes, I have asked guys out a few times. Back in college, my longtime boyfriend and I broke up, and I figured I'd better get back out there. I worked with two of them (different jobs); I had heard previously that one had been asking about me, so maybe that doesn't count. Another was a similar situation--I knew a guy liked me when I was with my boyfriend, so when I was single I called him up. We're married now, 17 years this December.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:28 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Ladies just aren't going to put themselves out like that asking guys out.(Only in rare circumstances) You have situations where the woman likes a guy, know he likes her, but if he doesn't ask her out or initiate, she won't say ANYTHING. And that could've been her future husband and father of her kids, but it goes against "what woman are supposed to do" so she won't.

This line of Thinking starts from prom

Old 08-06-2012, 06:37 AM

My daughter asked a boy to a formal dance AND bought the tickets.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My daughter asked a boy to a formal dance AND bought the tickets.
Outlier example doesn't = majority

The vast majority of girls in this country who go to the prom are asked by the guys. They take that line of thinking/Tradition And follow it for the rest of their lives

Old 08-06-2012, 06:56 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
As a guy, I don't think I would have a problem with a woman doing the asking. Now, if you're old fashioned and like a certain guy, don't drop such subtle hints and expect them to know what going on in your head.
Women in general are indirect, and thats why they communicate in the way they do, such as subtle hints or writing notes. I dont mind being approached by women, as long as theyre attractive. In fact it has been happening quite a bit - i havent approached any of the women im seeing right now. However, i do like the occasional chase as well.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Outlier example doesn't = majority

The vast majority of girls in this country who go to the prom are asked by the guys. They take that line of thinking/Tradition And follow it for the rest of their lives
Perhaps you should stop talking about women as if they are all the same. We are not the Borg.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
No girl has ever "asked me out".. So that leads me to believe that I'm either ugly or far beyond the average's girl league.. The latter rather than former..

well that's not true. nothing can really be inferred from a woman never asking a man out, since MOST women don't, but the opposite is a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships