Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 08:16 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the advice and love ya'll done shown to me. I know I can be crazy and wild at times towards certain posters but ya'll do spit out good advice once you get through my rough exterior. Especially want to give Pikantari, Ruth4Truth, lovesMountains (we've had our differences but you were definitely the most persistent with me), and Braunwyn credit. I in the past couple of weeks have been able to gain more confidence when talking to the ladies. I met some great women and gaining more of a sense of what I can do to be more attractive to them. I have a feeling it will bear fruit in terms of breaking my lifelong (24 years) drought and I may be able to be more than just a friend with a lady.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 08:27 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
oh, youre such an emotional fruit puff. congrats on the new found confidence and early success. Go rock their world, dude, youre ready for it and hopefuly they are too.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
oh, youre such an emotional fruit puff. congrats on the new found confidence and early success. Go rock their world, dude, youre ready for it and hopefuly they are too.
Awww!!! Ditto! ^^^ That's what I'm talkin bout! Geeet em' ! Good for you Dissenter!

Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
When's the wedding?

Old 08-12-2012, 09:03 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
I notice you didn't mention me. I suppose that means I'm still going to face your wrath since you have vowed your eternal revenge and undying hatred of me? Are you still going to be telling me to "f" off on other sites? Just curious if your turning over a new leaf meant that you were going to be civil to me as well or if I should still expect the same Dissenter.

For the record - I wish you nothing but the best - always have and always will. I'm glad you are letting go of some of your fear and anger. It's no way to live. Those things are like poisons to life and love. There are some great people out there and it would be a shame for you to miss out on having the most amazing life possible because of anger and fear. Really, the sky is the limit. Life is full of ups and downs but that's what makes it interesting and worth living!

Old 08-12-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I notice you didn't mention me. I suppose that means I'm still going to face your wrath since you have vowed your eternal revenge and undying hatred of me? Are you still going to be telling me to "f" off on other sites? Just curious if your turning over a new leaf meant that you were going to be civil to me as well or if I should still expect the same Dissenter.

For the record - I wish you nothing but the best - always have and always will. I'm glad you are letting go of some of your fear and anger. It's no way to live. Those things are like poisons to life and love. There are some great people out there and it would be a shame for you to miss out on having the most amazing life possible because of anger and fear. Really, the sky is the limit. Life is full of ups and downs but that's what makes it interesting and worth living!
I really didn't wanna address this here but might as well.

I do owe you some thanks. If nothing else, you made me realize I was angry. With my upbringing and childhood, many people when I tell them about it, one common response I get is "I can't blame you for being angry." Honestly, you were talking to a very angry person when dealing with me who always wanted to fiercely return fire when challenged. Pride also had a lot to do with it. I'm not a rich guy, the two things I've always had an abundance of is anger and pride. But I realized that I need to deal with my issues to keep me from putting someone through what I had to go through as a kid.

I really want to put the personal issues I have with some here, including you, in my rear view and keep it moving. Am I going to voice myself when I disagree with some here? Yes. Am I going to bring some passion in my posts when I really feel my thoughts? Yes. But I'm going to make a conscious effort not to get personal. Honestly, two infractions in 30 days, makes you realize you need to look at yourself real quick.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
When's the wedding?
Slow down. You gotta get off the bench first before you become the MVP.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:21 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I really didn't wanna address this here but might as well.

I do owe you some thanks. If nothing else, you made me realize I was angry. With my upbringing and childhood, many people when I tell them about it, one common response I get is "I can't blame you for being angry." Honestly, you were talking to a very angry person when dealing with me who always wanted to fiercely return fire when challenged. Pride also had a lot to do with it. I'm not a rich guy, the two things I've always had an abundance of is anger and pride. But I realized that I need to deal with my issues to keep me from putting someone through what I had to go through as a kid.

I really want to put the personal issues I have with some here, including you, in my rear view and keep it moving. Am I going to voice myself when I disagree with some here? Yes. Am I going to bring some passion in my posts when I really feel my thoughts? Yes. But I'm going to make a conscious effort not to get personal. Honestly, two infractions in 30 days, makes you realize you need to look at yourself real quick.
I can't tell you how happy your post made me! Seriously - really, really happy.

I've never said that people don't have a right to feel anger (not that I'm saying you said that I did) - but in the end - the only person that anger is going to hurt is you. There is always going to be someone who has it better than you and someone who has it worse than you. Some things that happen to us - we can't control. But we can control how we deal with our problems and issues. My dad had a horrible father and not the best mother - but he had a great role model through the Big Brother/Little Brother group - and he saw what was possible. So my father grew up to become an amazing father and a wonderful husband. Don't let the bad things that you have gone through dictate your future.

And I'm definitely not asking you to just agree with me willy nilly. I don't want that from anyone - even my husband. But it would be nice to have our disagreements based on the actual issues at hand rather than some form of revenge.

I truly wish you all the best and it's really inspiring to see your latest posts!

Old 08-12-2012, 11:30 AM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Hey, Diss! Great news! You've also just demonstrated that some of the whining around here about not being attractive ("ugly" is the term commonly used here) is really about confidence. Go get 'em, tiger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
"Emotional fruit puff" is good! The ladies love that. Very endearing and cuddly. Diss is just a great big teddy bear with a gruff exterior. His growl is worse than his bite.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:33 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,615 times
Ohhh dewdrops and dissenter what a lovely exchange. Dissenter it takes a lot to become self aware and to look ourselves in the mirror at face value. You have learned a beautiful skill to have. A mark of intelligence, good for you. Noone is perfect an the quicker the imperfect (all of us) realize that, the closer to perfect we can become. Good for you!!

I love happy endings! Haha and I don't even know you two. Awww
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships