Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:31 AM

36,563 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I don't think that he's talking 100x better. More like average over looking average bc they're trying to get the above average person.
Basically the same thing. Most happily coupled people seek those on their same level. If your hung up on looks or money only your not going to be happy. But a person needs to be attractive to you and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The spark is either there or its not.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:37 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
Quote:
Pretty much. The b*tch shield is always up for the men they don't find attractive. Average to below average looking women also do this. So it's not just the extremely attractive women that are standoffish.
To be fair, in my life the women ive seen the MOST "standoffish" just looking around arent the most physically attractive women. It's usually average or below average women

Old 08-15-2012, 07:38 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,775 times
Quote:
So you & a few others are letting a couple of rotten tomatoes stop you from being polite or nice? I would venture a guess that the majority of men don't act the way you described. But as a result you're going to not smile & look mean on the off chance that some random may say something stupid. It just seems like overkill to me. You must be like super hot or something if you're getting bad reactions most of the time. Oh well.
its not a few bad apples, its like the whole bunch (who approach me) .. out of 100 times i may have been hit on in my life time only about 5-8 were nice approaches.. the rest was cat calls, chasing,groping, or getting really violent by grabbing at me or cursing at me when i didn't want to give them a chance (i try to be nice to those kinds,sometimes they still try to touch me or yell at me) .. i don't really care to find a guy so i don't really care if i don't find a guy on some street. and no i'm not superhot , i'm very average looking.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
To be fair, in my life the women ive seen the MOST "standoffish" just looking around arent the most physically attractive women. It's usually average or below average women

So your hitting on average or below average women or you can just tell by glancing at a women in public that she is stand offish. Or do you just hang out in public places scoping out random women, cus thats kind of creepy.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:48 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,726,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I agree and that's what I see most of the time. However, here on CD some try to make it as though the top 5% of women are standoffish & the average ones aren't.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:49 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,726,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So your hitting on average or below average women or you can just tell by glancing at a women in public that she is stand offish. Or do you just hang out in public places scoping out random women, cus thats kind of creepy.
It's easy to tell. Some have the sourpuss look when others don't happy.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
I agree and that's what I see most of the time. However, here on CD some try to make it as though the top 5% of women are standoffish & the average ones aren't.
So average women should except any guy that hits on her even if she has not attraction towards him physically or otherwise.

Do you guys ever get hit on by fat, ugly, slutty, married or obnoxious women. Do you feel obligated to be nice to them or accept their inappropriate behavior? Would you react differently is she was hot?
Why do some of you assume these thing only go one way.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:52 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
its not a few bad apples, its like the whole bunch (who approach me) .. out of 100 times i may have been hit on in my life time only about 5-8 were nice approaches.. the rest was cat calls, chasing,groping, or getting really violent by grabbing at me or cursing at me when i didn't want to give them a chance (i try to be nice to those kinds,sometimes they still try to touch me or yell at me) .. i don't really care to find a guy so i don't really care if i don't find a guy on some street. and no i'm not superhot , i'm very average looking.
Really????? Huh. Are you hanging out in sleezy places? What is your style of dress?

Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
It's easy to tell. Some have the sourpuss look when others don't happy.
Could that sourpuss look be because of them having a bad day or something that happened or something their thinking in their head at the moment.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Really????? Huh. Are you hanging out in sleezy places? What is your style of dress?
Oh come on. It happens to lots of women all the time. I've had plenty similar experiences as L'Artiste. It happens everywhere. At the lake, Wal-mart and your own home. Just recently I was hit on by a married man doing work at my house and a taken old friend. Two of my old neighbors hit on me constantly knowing I was married. I've been cursed out because I did not accept some strangers advances and touched inappropriately by strangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.