Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,627,169 times

Advertisements

I live in the NYC/NJ are which I say is "the capitol" of standoffish women. A lot of these women are so emotionally damaged from past relationships that they have a hard time smiling in front of any man. They will smile/kiss up to a boss, but completely change when they are in the store or walking on the streets. Not all women here are like that but a larger percentage are.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,776,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do you think many women maintain a somewhat cold, standoffish, even slightly bitchy persona/barrier towards men in general because they are just sick and tired of being hit on by guys who are overly forward, often in a sleazy and lewd manner?
No, I think that many women maintain a somewhat cold, standoffish, even slightly bitchy persona/barrier towards men in general because they are just sick and tired of being hit on by guys who they don't find attractive.

that standoffishness goes away when you look like the soloflex guy.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:01 AM

Doesn't matter how the person looks to me. I am from the south and was raised to return a smile/hello with another smile/hello. If I meet a person who is interested in me, but I don't feel the same I will not ignore them. I just let them know that I am not interested. Very simple.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,730,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Could that sourpuss look be because of them having a bad day or something that happened or something their thinking in their head at the moment.
Everyday. Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, but everyday. Except for when she's chatting up her girlfriend(s).

Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,211,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So your hitting on average or below average women or you can just tell by glancing at a women in public that she is stand offish. Or do you just hang out in public places scoping out random women, cus thats kind of creepy.
A. I'm not standing in public places "scoping" random women
B.I'm not hitting on Average or below average women

This is just based off observations and things ive seen in my 24 years of life. The women who have the "meanest" looks aren't the most attractive

Old 08-15-2012, 08:06 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,357,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do you think many women maintain a somewhat cold, standoffish, even slightly bitchy persona/barrier towards men in general because they are just sick and tired of being hit on by guys who are overly forward, often in a sleazy and lewd manner?

Maybe this is the case more with attractive women?

I suppose the losers are the genuinely nice guys (not the self-proclaimed 'nice guys') but also these women who might miss a chance...of course, I give women credit, even the cold ones could probably warm to a genuine guy, but I think a lot of women just tend to dismiss most guys unless they fit their strict criteria, simply because they get too much attention, often not very flattering.

Would you agree that's a big problem with modern dating?
I like my women bitter, like my coffee.

I like women who are friendly and don't want to waste time on chipping through the hard outer shell. Life is too short to waste time. It's later than you think.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:13 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,615,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
A. I'm not standing in public places "scoping" random women
B.I'm not hitting on Average or below average women

This is just based off observations and things ive seen in my 24 years of life. The women who have the "meanest" looks aren't the most attractive
WHere I live, ive noticed that the most attractive girls, walk around with ipods in their ears, sunglasses on, while texting on their phone. Look on their faces, when i tell them to drop all that **** becaus i want to talk to them, is mostly priceless. Takes only a minute or two to change that wtf look into a smile, so its really no big deal.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
No, I think that many women maintain a somewhat cold, standoffish, even slightly bitchy persona/barrier towards men in general because they are just sick and tired of being hit on by guys who they don't find attractive.

EXACTLY!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 AM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post

You're making this sound like a bad thing. Why should a woman (or anyone, really) have to give more than a basic level of politeness to some schmo on the street? She's got crap to do, she might be having a bad day or feel terrible, or is in a rush and now she has to deal with some random dude who feels like she owes him something because he says "hi" on the train? As my friend T says, "women don't exist to accessorize your world."

Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,775,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
So you & a few others are letting a couple of rotten tomatoes stop you from being polite or nice? I would venture a guess that the majority of men don't act the way you described. But as a result you're going to not smile & look mean on the off chance that some random may say something stupid. It just seems like overkill to me. You must be like super hot or something if you're getting bad reactions most of the time. Oh well.
You will probably never know the unique feeling of pure physical vulnerability and fear that women do. Once you feel it--and you only have to feel it once--it is like lightening going through you and you never forget it. For most, it remains at the front of your mind when you are alone and approached by an adult male stranger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.