Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 AM

977 posts, read 1,818,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Thats not organic.
How is it not organic? You're doing things you would normally do anyway and you find out about them and any disqualifiers before you ask them out as to not waste your time. Also, if you meet through friends or your social network, the girl is more inclined to trust you and think you're a decent guy and therefore more receptive to your asking her out. Nothing wrong with asking out strangers perhaps as a a supplement, but it'll never beat the other way.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:38 AM

34 posts, read 130,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Well if that's the case then woman can do the approaching.
Women have the power to "choose", we just have the power to propose the interaction. We say "Do you want a relationship/sex?" they have the choice whether to go with it or not. That's just the way it works (99% of the time).

I imagine it's to do with the fact a women has a lot more at stake when "giving herself" to a man (i.e. 9 months pregnancy), whereas a man can spread his oats freely without commitment. Well he could before child support came along and ruined the party, anyway . Quite an interesting point now though I suppose, if men and women have an equal commitment in a sexual relationship now that we enforce a man's responsibility through law, will it eventually lead to women approaching as much as men? Somehow I think that may take some time! (plus men will never have to go through the physical pregnancy, I hope!)

Old 08-15-2012, 09:40 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,622,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
But you're not going to be able to discern chemistry passing a stranger on the sidewalk. All those suggestions that Broncos Quarterback listed are great ways to get to know people beyond the outward appearance, because good chemistry doesn't come from physical attraction alone.
Thats why you approach the person you find physicaly attractive and strike up a conversation, to see if the chemistry is there or not. Its the most natural thing in the world and has been done this way for thousands of years. There is absolutely nothoing worng or unnatural about a man finding a woman attractive and approaching her. Only living in this BS puritan brainwashed and socialy conditioned society, who demotes all individuality and promotes sheepish behavior, one would believe such nonsense.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:44 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,985,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I can't imagine living somewhere where you're approached in the streets constantly.

Has anyone ever had success from passing someone on the street and it developing into a relationship? I don't know of anyone who started a relationship that way. Passing a stranger on the sidewalk gives you a couple of seconds to look at the person and all that's registering is how they look physically in that moment, and you don't know a single thing about them. And women should be receptive to a strange man who has given them a cursory glance and wants something more from them?

Location, location, location, and that doesn't just apply to home purchases. A woman you regularly see in the mornings at the local coffee shop is likely going to be more receptive to your interest that a stranger you're passing in the street, who is going somewhere with a purpose, not just loitering on the sidewalk hoping a man will notice her and ask her out.
Exactly. It is much easier when you are "stationary."

Hitting on someone during a long commute on the subway is different than hollering at someone on the street. The coffee shop, the book store, the drug store, at the grocery store are all much better venues. Neutral territory, where we feel safe enough to engage in conversation.

I would say the "street" pickup isn't 100% impossible, but the circumstances need to be right. Maybe a busy street in the daytime as opposed to at midnight in the dark parking lot.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:45 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,805,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Well, see, this is the kind of dismissive tone that drives women batty.
Yes I know.

Quote:
You're going to play the "women are emotional/irrational" card to shut me down?
You don't have to put words in my mouth. I never said women were emotional or irrational. I said you sounded angry.

Quote:
I'm not angry, but so what if I was?
Well it'd be an interesting thing to get angry about.

Quote:
I disagree with you, that's all.
do you? To me it looked more like you didn't understand what I'd said. You told me that "I'm making this sound like a bad thing." That seems like a flawed inference on your part. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me, you just don't seem to have actually done so.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
How is it not organic? You're doing things you would normally do anyway and you find out about them and any disqualifiers before you ask them out as to not waste your time. Also, if you meet through friends or your social network, the girl is more inclined to trust you and think you're a decent guy and therefore more receptive to your asking her out. Nothing wrong with asking out strangers perhaps as a a supplement, but it'll never beat the other way.
it has already beat the other way, because the amount of women you find attractive who arent associated with you, is substantialy larger than in the other scenario. Organic, is a man who finds a woman attractive, approaches her and lets her know that. I know that many peole do indeed meet throguh the traditional means you listed, and its perfectly fine and indeed the comfort of association makes it an easier encounter, but it pisses me off when people say that its so wrong to appraoch strangers, because its the most natural thing in the world. If people were only allowed to approach those in their sopcial circle, our civilization would decline dramaticaly through major population decrease.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,809,919 times
Quote:
it has already beat the other way, because the amount of women you find attractive who arent associated with you, is substantialy larger than in the other scenario. Organic, is a man who finds a woman attractive, approaches her and lets her know that. I know that many peole do indeed meet throguh the traditional means you listed, and its perfectly fine and indeed the comfort of association makes it an easier encounter, but it pisses me off when people say that its so wrong to appraoch strangers, because its the most natural thing in the world. If people were only allowed to approach those in their sopcial circle, our civilization would decline dramaticaly through major population decrease.
Why does it '**** you off'? Do you have some sort of stake in this crazy concept?

And no, it is NOT the 'most natural thing'... I'd say it's probably the most awkward thing, aka UNNATURAL thing.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Exactly. It is much easier when you are "stationary."

Hitting on someone during a long commute on the subway is different than hollering at someone on the street. The coffee shop, the book store, the drug store, at the grocery store are all much better venues. Neutral territory, where we feel safe enough to engage in conversation.

I would say the "street" pickup isn't 100% impossible, but the circumstances need to be right. Maybe a busy street in the daytime as opposed to at midnight in the dark parking lot.
Street pickup is 100% possible, easy to pull off and happens all the time. SOmetimes i get the feel that some of you have this idea stuck in your head where you try to associate the most negative of experiences from your own life with the topic. Im not talking about guys hollering at you or whistling as you walk buy. Im talking about approaching with a smile, confidence, eye contact and in a friendly and non-threatening manner, to let a woman you find her attractive. Being a woman, you have no idea that it takes balls and courage to approach women, since its mans responsiblity supposedly.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:51 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,805,036 times
Quote:
Street pickup is 100% possible, easy to pull off and happens all the time.
i know, but its the recycling that's such a b*tch.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Why does it '**** you off'? Do you have some sort of stake in this crazy concept?

And no, it is NOT the 'most natural thing'... I'd say it's probably the most awkward thing, aka UNNATURAL thing.
only if youve been brainwashed enough it may seem unnatural. No biggie, thats a given. How is a man finding a woman attractive and letting her know that unnatural. youre talking gibberish. It pisses me off, because people are in denial and share their BS opinions to somehow validate this nonsense. its a load of crap. Put some thought into it and come up with your own opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships