Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

This thread is intended to be way more global than a racial dating thread or some of the ones with guys running off to foreign countries looking for women.

In the last decade or two, there has been much more of a politically correct "indignant" response if you don't want to date someone who has any characteristic that you are not willing to bridge (race, ethnicity, religion). What business does someone have calling you on it?

Funny thing is that some of the worst offenders are guys and girls who are married or hooked up with someone who is virtually a checklist clone of themselves ... and many of the guys are "white knights."

So, this thread sort of makes for a big wrapper around other more focused threads. Still, to each their own. Why does PC-ness have to enter the arena?

Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I never noticed a political correctness anywhere outside of the internet when it comes to dating.

The guys who are going off to other countries like that or talking about how much they "only go for non-whites" has nothing to do with PC and everything to do with them being flat out losers.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
....because political correctness is in EVERY arena of life. Devolution of the human race.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Stupid humans. One human is smart, many are dumb.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
This thread is intended to be way more global than a racial dating thread or some of the ones with guys running off to foreign countries looking for women.

In the last decade or two, there has been much more of a politically correct "indignant" response if you don't want to date someone who has any characteristic that you are not willing to bridge (race, ethnicity, religion). What business does someone have calling you on it?

Funny thing is that some of the worst offenders are guys and girls who are married or hooked up with someone who is virtually a checklist clone of themselves ... and many of the guys are "white knights."

So, this thread sort of makes for a big wrapper around other more focused threads. Still, to each their own. Why does PC-ness have to enter the arena?
I agree with you about the PC crap. It's not just about race or religion, but stupidity is expected to be tolerated because "everyone is a winner and special". Screw that. OTOH, how in the world are you unaware of homogamy? It's pervasive. It's the norm and always has been.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:00 AM

137 posts, read 192,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

My goals in life are:
1) Have a good time
2) Meet as many good-looking girls as possible (and have sex with and/or date them)
3) Make as much money as I can
4) Do as many cool things as I can

I used to offend the sh*t out everybody, but I found that counterproductive to my aforementioned goals. I'm sure I'll feel the same way IF I decide to get married.

I'm certainly no white knight (in fact, I'm closer to the opposite )

Old 09-16-2012, 11:00 AM

499 posts, read 756,711 times
It already is.

It is okay to say "I'm not attracted to short men *insert stereotype here*. It is okay to say I'm not into "Indian/Asian men *insert stereotype and joke here* or "I don't date broke men"

Try saying "I'm not into dark skinned women" then you're racist. Say "I don't date fat women", you're a pig or say "I don't date women with small breas-as-sis" and you're considered shallow.

So the result is if you are a man and are not into what I just mentioned, you just keep it to yourself.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:01 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Personally, I think there is a difference between not being attracted to a certain race and purposely avoiding a certain race because of prejudice. That being said - people can date whoever they want to date. It makes no difference to me. However, if I was only attracted to people of the same ethnic background as me - I'd probably still be single!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:02 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
It already is.

It is okay to say "I'm not attracted to short men *insert stereotype here*. It is okay to say I'm not into "Indian/Asian men *insert stereotype and joke here* or "I don't date broke men"

Try saying "I'm not into dark skinned women" then you're racist. Say "I don't date fat women", you're a pig or say "I don't date women with small breas-as-sis" and you're considered shallow.

So the result is if you are a man and are not into what I just mentioned, you just keep it to yourself.
You only see things this way because they strike a nerve with you.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:02 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Personally, I think there is a difference between not being attracted to a certain race and purposely avoiding a certain race because of prejudice. That being said - people can date whoever they want to date. It makes no difference to me. However, if I was only attracted to people of the same ethnic background as me - I'd probably still be single!

I'll agree with you but I'd never in a million years have any relationship with an arab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.