Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 09:18 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Why are men so afraid to ask a chick out?
Oh, but this is C-D, Raena. You have hordes of guys competing to ask you out all the time. All women do. And if you say otherwise, you're lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 09:19 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why are tall guys so easily "emasculated"?! That is SO lame, SUCH a turn-off! Why do so many guys have trouble getting the quiet confidence thing?
It's because their confidence stems from their height so when they don't have it, they lose it. Short guys find it elsewhere. So height is not an obstacle. This is my explanation for why taller guys (or I'll say some to half) go after small/short women.

The fighting example was a good one. From experience I'll notice taller guys be super aggressive only when there is a sizable gap in height. But as soon as they find someone their approximate height (even a couple inches shorter) their attitudes change. Whereas shorter guys are used to being aggressive with taller people, are not as easily intimidated unless the height difference is dramatic.

it's all relative. short people learn to be short and tall people don't. So when they're made to feel short or even not as tall, it sorta changes their psyche.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Why are men so afraid to ask a chick out?
Generally I think it's because they may not be confident enough in themselves to face the idea of rejection, or they don't feel like they're attractive

Maybe an outside chance of being called a pervert also.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mörkrädd View Post
No it's not. False, wrong, incorrect. Try igen.
Please, feel free to elaborate.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yes indeed. Women who say looks aren't important are liars. They're only unimportant when they're willing to settle.

Items 2 and 3 are neck-at-neck. Item 1 is foremost.
That usually happens in their late 30's-40's when they're washed up.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That usually happens in their late 30's-40's when they're washed up.
Oh please

Women grow up and realize that a pretty boy can't make them happy. Too bad most men don't go through the same epiphany.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 PM

60 posts, read 56,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nope, tall guys want short women for the most part. I think it's because they are so used to feeling dominant (I would prefer not to date another basketball player for this reason) that when their dominance is 'challenged' they get pissy and don't feel comfortable. So, they go after women that they can ALWAYS be dominant over. You'd think more NBA players would be interested in volleyball or WNBA players, but they always seem to marry 5' nothing teeny women.
We, I mean most men, don't like women who want to be/are dominant in any shape and height. The thing is that you have to find a guy whom you would want to dominated by.
Quote:

This is what most men mean by 'I like tall women'. They want Gisele, not a 6' tall Christina Hendricks.

Although, it is nice that you 'can't stand' women like me. Sorry if I invade your space
You very well know that I did not mean to be offensive. I was talking about sexual preference and not women in general. I had a GF once wearing size 11 shoes and was really obsessive about it. Just can't do it.

However as a tall guy I don't really like short women. Someone you can easily kiss while standing up is nice

Old 09-24-2012, 10:13 PM

60 posts, read 56,866 times
Quote:
Oh please

Women grow up and realize that a pretty boy can't make them happy. Too bad most men don't go through the same epiphany.
Oh, c'mon. What about cougars?
We all crave beuaty next to us only women have a different idea of sex-appeal that doesn't coincide with commonly understood beauty. Beauty and the beast complex.

IMHO when women are younger they want to be dominated as it gives them security (being taken care of) and when older and already more confident and powerfull, they want to dominate as well.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility_now View Post
We, I mean most men, don't like women who want to be/are dominant in any shape and height. The thing is that you have to find a guy whom you would want to dominated by.

You very well know that I did not mean to be offensive. I was talking about sexual preference and not women in general. I had a GF once wearing size 11 shoes and was really obsessive about it. Just can't do it.

However as a tall guy I don't really like short women. Someone you can easily kiss while standing up is nice
I don't feel the need to be 'dominated'. I want equal billing in the relationship, I don't want to be dominated nor do I want to dominate. If a guy wants to dominate a woman, it's likely he has control issues and 'd rather not deal with that.

I wear a size 9-1/2 or 10, not big at all, but on a woman who is above 6', size 10+ is perfectly normal. In fact, I've been told my size 10 feet look way to small for my height. A woman with a size 7 foot is going to have slight balance problems, don't you think?

Old 09-24-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility_now View Post
Oh, c'mon. What about cougars?
We all crave beuaty next to us only women have a different idea of sex-appeal that doesn't coincide with commonly understood beauty. Beauty and the beast complex.

IMHO when women are younger they want to be dominated as it gives them security (being taken care of) and when older and already more confident and powerfull, they want to dominate as well.
I don't know a single guy who is into 'cougars'. Most are into much, much younger women.

I never wanted to be 'dominated', but maybe I'm one of the weird ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships