Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,370 times

Advertisements

Ever notice that or it's just me? I decided to do a quarter life remodeling of sorts, I lost 20 lbs, got my boobs done and botox on my jaw, and everyone keeps affirming I look better now, but I swear, normal every day guys will not approach me. I'm not going to lie, I still get approached by multiple men on a daily basis...but the kind of guys who I'd like to approach me and have approached me in the past just stare at me and won't say anything! Last summer when I gained the 20lbs, I was telling my ex how weird it was that normal, attractive guys seemed to be approaching me a lot, he said he thought it was because they thought I was easier to get and his comment wounded my ego pretty badly. As for now, I mean, I don't really care terribly, I met a wonderful guy and I'm focusing on that at the moment, but I kind of wish more of the guys who stare at me and don't say anything would just say, "Hi..." cause I'm a really friendly person when I want to be.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Ever notice that or it's just me? I decided to do a quarter life remodeling of sorts, I lost 20 lbs, got my boobs done and botox on my jaw, and everyone keeps affirming I look better now, but I swear, normal every day guys will not approach me. I'm not going to lie, I still get approached by multiple men on a daily basis...but the kind of guys who I'd like to approach me and have approached me in the past just stare at me and won't say anything! Last summer when I gained the 20lbs, I was telling my ex how weird it was that normal, attractive guys seemed to be approaching me a lot, he said he thought it was because they thought I was easier to get and his comment wounded my ego pretty badly. As for now, I mean, I don't really care terribly, I met a wonderful guy and I'm focusing on that at the moment, but I kind of wish more of the guys who stare at me and don't say anything would just say, "Hi..." cause I'm a really friendly person when I want to be.
Maybe you're giving off the wrong vibes?

I don't know. I only approach skinny attractive girls.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:34 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
There was a global text that went out to everyone with a cell-phone that said not to approach you. I'm surprised that you (of all people) didn't get it.

^^Kidding. I do think that "the average guy" is reluctant to approach a super-hot woman. He thinks one of the following, or something else:
  1. Super hot = out of my league, she wouldn't be interested.
  2. She's so focused on superficial things such as looks, that she's not my type.
  3. High Maintenance
  4. Probably the type of girl that just wants me to buy her drinks, but then she'll go see her "real friends" after that...

OK, sorry, that's twice in one thread about the texting (RE: #4). I can't help myself. The other comments were sincere. I recall looking at your pictures a while back and thinking you were pretty damn smoking hot. But some of those thoughts probably would cross my mind if I met you IRL. It's actually a bit shallow on my side, I've met some pretty beautiful ladies, and once you get to know them as a person, they are just like anyone else. Either they are great, or they are not.

Hope this helps. (At least the constructive parts anyway...)

EDIT> Revisited your pictures, and you'd fall in the #2 Catagory for me. You are very attractive, but likely not my type. I probably would not approach you, yet I'd probably take an extra look, just because....

Last edited by Myghost; 09-04-2012 at 07:56 AM..

Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Maybe the non chubby chasers are into a natural woman, not frankenstein. There are guys that will hit on anything with two legs that walks by them.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:49 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,461 times
I get hit on more when I'm at certain sizes, more than others. However I've been told that I look more attractive when I'm slightly thicker, than when I'm "too thick" or "thin", so that is what I've always chalked it up to: I look better with a little meat on my bones and that is why I get much more attention.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
Not so sure why if you've met a wonderful guy and you're not worried about it, that you posted this.

Isn't multiple a day enough for you or were you thinking the amount would increase after your boob job and botox?

I'm not sure what the problem is here.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:22 AM

150 posts, read 305,891 times
There is a myth that all guys automatically like bigger boobs better, that's not true. I think that some guys would rather a smaller woman. Then again I know guys who ONLY go after women with big boobs.

I see you're on the east coast, you probably stick out more than if you were out west. On the west coast it seems like every other woman has botox and fake boobs.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
I've never been thick so I wouldn't know. I'm sure it must be hard to walk around without being bothered if you have a big butt or huge boobies and the rest of you isn't obese.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Well if you're convinced that you do look better, then maybe there is a certain approachability factor. If you look "too good", guys will just assume you're unavailable or your standards are "too high".

Can't speak for anyone else, but I consider myself a "normal everyday guy" and I wouldn't approach you because I think you show too much cleavage (in your photos, at least).

As for the ones that stare and don't say hi... Maybe they just consider you "eye candy", which means that all they want to do with you is stare *shrugs*

Old 09-04-2012, 08:42 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
I think when you really feel comfortable in your own skin and head you will stop this incessant need for mens approval and attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.