Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:34 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Bingo. A comment on this in a moment.

For me, women who majored in accounting or similar topics. And, no, they are not ALL nerdy. I don't know why. The logical ISTJ mind, I guess.

As for the police and firemen, I knew a chick who divorced a dweeby engineer for a Popeye-forearmed law enforcement dude. The engineer didn't cause any problems. He just didn't offer the level of excitement and masculinity she required. The big law enforcement dude drank, cranked out 3 kids with her, abused her and they divorced. But this is pretty common. Both the attraction to them ... and the failure of the marriage.

LOL, I have a business degree and started out as an accounting major specifically for my law enforcement career. My father has an accounting degree, but is in LE. Growing up, when people would ask "What does your dad do for a living?" I had to tell them "He's an accountant."

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 09-11-2012 at 07:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 07:45 AM

496 posts, read 941,237 times
Quote:
There's a chick on here, GOCubs1, who hates me because I make fun of, and stereotype, the suited salesy sorts. I call them airport concourse types. When I'm in the airport, I'm traveling for pleasure, so I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, so watching their glibness in action can be annoying. I hear you.
Ha! The airport... you hit it there. There is this air of unabashed self-importance in so many people. The guys chomping their business trip up loudly into their phones, but really at everyone sitting within 50 yards of them. The truth is, though, I really only resent it when I, too, am traveling for work because it reflects the ultimate poseur that I'm about to have to deal with in myself, too. Otherwise, I giggle and get back to my book.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Chefs (but in reality we have completely incompatible schedules so it would never work out!), firemen and entrepreneurs (I like idea people, and they are always working hard on their passion -- ideas).

Old 09-11-2012, 08:13 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
1. Doctors.
2. Professors, teachers.
3. Librarians.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Power positions such as CEO, CFO's, VP's...

Probably because it's the complete opposite of anything I'd strive for myself. I typically gravitate towards human interest type jobs for myself (teacing, nursing, childcare..).

Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 AM

3,925 posts, read 6,839,150 times
1. Nurses
2. Teachers
3. Nannys

For some any woman who takes care of people or kids for a living is a major turn on.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
So just curious, what professions are you attracted to?
Female pro athletes.... My first GF was an athlete (she got a full scholarship to Univ of Maryland) and I have been around female athletes all my life.

Female athletes are a different breed then regular women. Their bodies are not only fit and toned, but they're usually tougher then regular girls so they don't complain as much less over trivial issues.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:10 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Pilots. Duh.

I have a weird soft spot for physicists and science-type intellectuals. I met an astrophysicist at a book store a long time ago and I think I followed him around like a puppy for a good solid half hour asking him nonsensical questions about starstuff.
I've dated a few "future" pilots from the Air Force Academy, and dang, those guys are arrogant! lol But it is a desirable profession...love a man in uniform, lol.

I am attracted to the science and engineering type as well (not surprising since I'm a science nerd). I've dated a few musician types, and that never went well. If it were up to my parents, I'd marry a doctor or lawyer, haha. I went out with a law student once...far too anal retentive. And the couple of med students I've been out with were both "horn dogs," although I hesitate to label them all that way, lol.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Female pro athletes.... My first GF was an athlete (she got a full scholarship to Univ of Maryland) and I have been around female athletes all my life.

Female athletes are a different breed then regular women. Their bodies are not only fit and toned, but they're usually tougher then regular girls so they don't complain as much less over trivial issues.

Oh yeah. Forgot about athletes. Love 'em.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:37 AM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Bingo. A comment on this in a moment.

For me, women who majored in accounting or similar topics. And, no, they are not ALL nerdy. I don't know why. The logical ISTJ mind, I guess.

As for the police and firemen, I knew a chick who divorced a dweeby engineer for a Popeye-forearmed law enforcement dude. The engineer didn't cause any problems. He just didn't offer the level of excitement and masculinity she required. The big law enforcement dude drank, cranked out 3 kids with her, abused her and they divorced. But this is pretty common. Both the attraction to them ... and the failure of the marriage.
Some men and women are just wired to be attracted to Crap. When I meet someone and they have a string of abusive exes and they complain about them, I really feel like saying "It may not be them, it may be you?".

Back to the OP, I'm typically attracted to medical proffesionals, intrigued by Artist but know I'm not compatible with them, and really like 'Technical' women: Car girls, female mechanics even though they are very rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships