Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:50 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Save some for me!
I guess we should just have a party with it!!!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:51 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Dark hair with blue eyes is lovely...what my bf has!
Sign me up too! I love dark hair with blue eyes. My SO has brown eyes though, but that's fine by me

Old 09-16-2012, 12:02 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
And??????? There are studies about Short Men, Asian Men, Indian Men, Broke Men, Readheads, Flat Chested Women, Tall Women And Ugly Women? You want a free pass? You don't get one.

I am in my 30s. Every time I go out in public and go to work, I face heightism and at a frequency far higher than I have to deal with Racism, in EVERY environment whether implied or not. I address it, but don't spend my nights in a pool of saliva on my laptop keyboard dealing with it.

I don 't care about the other studies done on short men, Asian Men, Indian Men, etc because they don't seem to have nearly as much of an impact on society as the ones done on Black women (and black people in general).

I think I deserve to speak out against issues that concern me without you deflecting the topic about non-issues that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. We are not talking about what you go through as a short man and frankly I don't give a damn at this point. Because if being short was that much of an issue you would create a thread about or start some type of civil rights movement. But since you haven't done neither it must not be as big of a problem as you make it out to be. You are simply just being a nuisance at this point.

Quote:
Why should you care that people think you're on welfare?
Because those negative perceptions affect my livelihood and status in society. That's why.

Quote:
Look at Michelle Obama and the negative perceptions? Look at Tom Cruise, Nicholas Sarkozy, look at Muslim Men/Women who walk the streets who don't have credentials Michelle Obama has. They have to put up with Negative Stereotypes and Media Harrasment also.
Again, I don't give a flying fluck about Tom Cruise, Nicholas Sarkozy and Muslim Men/Women in society. I have a right to talk about topics that directly affect me without you deflecting the issue about other things going on in the world. My struggle has a right to be taken into consideration in itself whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Again. You don't get a free pass.
You are not in charge of who gets a free pass.

Quote:
What makes you unattractive is not that you address that issue, but that you over address it and shine a spotlight on it 5x the diameter of the Earth like its so much worse than the problems that other people have.
Because its a topic I am very passionate about. It directly affects me and i don't have to care about the whole damn world, I am not Mother Theresa.

Quote:
If someone asks you your opinion on short men, or white men and you are allowed to "share" your opinion which is usually deep seated in your opinions + stereotypes galore, then everyone else should be allowed to share their opinions in the same way.
Again, I have a right to give my opinion on short men or anything else, and still be upset about the injustice directed towards Black women (and black people in general).

Quote:
Sorry, you don't get a free pass.
Again, you are not in charge of giving out any free passes.

Quote:
Your pity party is like Y2K with a marching band.
I didn't ask for your pity.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:16 PM

499 posts, read 756,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I don 't care about the other studies done on short men, Asian Men, Indian Men, etc because they don't seem to have nearly as much of an impact on society as the ones done on Black women (and black people in general).
Well, if you don't care about them why should we care about you and your "problem"? Lol

They don't have that much of an impact? the last man who was president who was under 5'9 was in the 19th Century, and it only doesn't "seem" to have that much of an "impact" because you only waddle in your own self pity. There are a billion studies done on Asian Men, Indian Men, men with small penises and other groups. You let it get to you because you lack substance. I know black women who laugh at those studies and go on and have dates galore, rake in 6 figures, ignore the B.S. and succeed whatever they put their heart into.

Quote:
You are simply just being a nuisance at this point.
You think people don't go "Oh boy, here we go again..." when they see your posts? Lol.

Quote:
Because those negative perceptions affect my livelihood and status in society. That's why.
I'm pretty sure Michelle Obama is enjoying her status in society. So is Oprah, Condeleeza Rice, Rihanna, Loreyn Hill, Jada Fire, or any other dark skinned black woman who worked hard to get where they are and enjoy doing what they do. They didn't sit on online forums and go "woe is me" every day.

Quote:
Again, I don't give a flying fluck about Tom Cruise, Nicholas Sarkozy and Muslim Men/Women in society. I have a right to talk about topics that directly affect me without you deflecting the issue about other things going on in the world. My struggle has a right to be taken into consideration in itself whether you like it or not.
So well, then why should anyone give a flying f_________ about what you go through or your livelyhood? Your hurdles aren't seen as any more or less important than the hurdles others deal with. There's that attitude by the way, probably explains why you can't find anyone

Quote:
You are not in charge of who gets a free pass.
I am and so is everyone who reads your soap box stories. You don't get a free pass

Quote:
Because its a topic I am very passionate about. It directly affects me and i don't have to care about the whole damn world, I am not Mother Theresa.
Lots of people (all nationalities) respected Mother Theresa and her lovely personality and doing for others. Maybe you should take a page (or chapter) out of her book. That self centered me-me-me attitude is why people probably don't care much for you.

Quote:
Again, I have a right to give my opinion on short men or anything else, and still be upset about the injustice directed towards Black women (and black people in general).
And people don't have to care about your opinion or put anymore weight on it than they feel they need to. Again lol. You don't have it worse or better than anyone else.

I hope you handed out enough invitations for your pity party. Your self pity is like a force-field.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:18 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
People have a right to have whatever preference they want. Not everyone is going to find the same people attractive

Old 09-16-2012, 12:22 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Let's not make this a thread about nyanna. Do you have trouble attracting black men? Worry about THAT first. That every white, Hispanic, and Asian guy doesn't dig you is another story, nor should you expect them to.

So much for that.....

move along people nothing to see here

Old 09-16-2012, 12:24 PM

499 posts, read 756,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpiff View Post
people have a right to have whatever preference they want. Not everyone is going to find the same people attractive
+ 10000000000000000000000

Old 09-16-2012, 12:32 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
People have a right to have whatever preference they want. Not everyone is going to find the same people attractive
Correct

Old 09-16-2012, 12:32 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2012 View Post
I find black girls to be extremely sexy.

I find black girls with chips on their shoulders to be extremely NOT sexy.
I don't know how sexy black girls are. However, some are sexually confident, and that's appealing. They convey that they like sex.

Let me use some examples. When Tina Turner came back onto the scene, circa 1985, she was lauded for her sexual confidence and sultriness. It comes across. Listen to "Private Dancer" as a starting point.

When I see Cameron Diaz, I see some "gee...I don't know...I just don't know" frigid broad filing away on her emery board. Actually, this comes from living in SoCal where her looks are a dime a dozen, and so are blondes with that sullen look that come across as perennially unhappy. They might as well sport chastity belts.

Ditto for Sharon Stone in "Basic Instinct." The "now you see it/now you don't" scene had very little that was sexy about it, especially since she was cast as a stone-cold lesbian (bi, whatever), and to see those geeky detectives practically jump over the interrogation table was absurd.

So, yes, sexual confidence is an appealing quality. Whether it comes attached to a person you find attractive is a different story.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:36 PM

137 posts, read 192,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't know how sexy black girls are. However, some are sexually confident, and that's appealing. They convey that they like sex.

Let me use some examples. When Tina Turner came back onto the scene, circa 1985, she was lauded for her sexual confidence and sultriness. It comes across. Listen to "Private Dancer" as a starting point.

When I see Cameron Diaz, I see some "gee...I don't know...I just don't know" frigid broad filing away on her emery board. Actually, this comes from living in SoCal where her looks are a dime a dozen, and so are blondes with that sullen look that come across as perennially unhappy. They might as well sport chastity belts.

Ditto for Sharon Stone in "Basic Instinct." The "now you see it/now you don't" scene had very little that was sexy about it, especially since she was cast as a stone-cold lesbian (bi, whatever), and to see those geeky detectives practically jump over the interrogation table was absurd.

So, yes, sexual confidence is an appealing quality. Whether it comes attached to a person you find attractive is a different story.
I like the features of black girls.

I'm moving to SoCal soon. Are you saying that I'll be stuck with all Cameron Diaz-looking girls?

Are there any black, spanish, Asian, or indian girls out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships