Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 PM

34 posts, read 36,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Diverging opinions! I have three, totally platonic friendships with women. I used to have four but more of that later. One woman I've known for over 45 years. She used to be my college sweetheart but she dropped me when I enlisted in the military for Vietnam. The other two I've known for 14 and 5 years respectively. They worked with me at various times and we've always stayed in touch. I don't want to sleep with any of them. We're simply friends. Friend #4 I've known for 21 years. We worked together often for 10 years. After five years I invited her to accompany me on a little day trip to a cute coastal town that was home to a small shop I knew where I wanted to buy my daughters some specific Christmas gifts (I was divorced). Nothing romantic intended. Just two friends who admired and respected one another and could talk with one another. She felt the same way. We've now been married for 16 years but three out of four ain't bad!
That is awesome and sweet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Unfortunately, you are at an age when very few men bother befriending women unless they have romantic and/or sexual motives. Any 25 year old woman with male friends should realize that chances are, ALL her males friends want to sleep with her. I can understand how that must be frustrating, but that's how it is.

If it's any comfort, that does often change as men get older. But you're going to have to try and make it through the rough patch of your 20s first.
Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it. I think that is so right on!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The statement I bolded is of concern to me, why in the world would you be lonely if you are in a relationship already? I know you stated he is busy with this, that, the other and then some however, if two people are actually in a relationship then both of those people need to make time for the other no matter what else is going on. Besides that red flag (in my opinion) I don't see why you can't be friends with anyone you want, just be sure and set your boundries and stick with them. I have many male friends some are married, others are not married but there is no doubt in their minds that we are only friends and I am very much married to my husband and he is the only one I want to be with.
My man is a independent contractor (engineer) for Disney. Which is a contracted job for only months at a time. his contracted ended and has to wait to cone back because if the big moving process and getting ready to go back to NEW YORK. He lived 20 mins away from me but had to move his house and his mothers house to be 1 1/2 hour away from me, which is 3 hours from Disney. He is a momma boy and he moved all his stuff to storage (and mothers house) and moved his mothers house. Doing all the setting up for her and trying to get everything ready to go to New York so he can pack up his house in New York to get ready for selling and finishing his custom made cars to bring back down to Florida. And low on budget. So he is in New York now for another month and when he was here he was low on money to pay for gas to come see me cause its like 3 hours driving to come and go back. I'm super low on funds myself because I just graduated college Andy job don't start till October while trying to study for my licensure.

That's kid of why he was so busy and now busy in New York.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:26 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Because man wants to put his Zoe in the woman's Chalupa.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:41 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeChalupa View Post
(BTW, I love gay guys but the flamboyant ones have a lot of female tendencies that I find a nuance.

Help me please!! If there is someone I can do myself to help find the ones I'm looking for, please let me know. Also, please be constructive not----> (rude= )
Did you mean nuance, or nuisance ?

Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Did you mean nuance, or nuisance ?
Yes I meant nuisance

Old 09-25-2012, 07:57 PM

60 posts, read 56,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeChalupa View Post
Nope... Lol I rarely wear makeup, never watched sex and the city but I heard they made a movie or two on it other than the tv series, and fashion???? I don't get it and I'm curvy. high fashion wasn't made for women like me.

I like cars, motocross, dragsters. The only magazine I can't wait to get in the mail is Motortrend. I love shooting on the range (got my concealed weapons permit), I got a 357 and I got my daughter a 22 Boltaction Cricket shotgun for when she gets alittle bigger (before it becomes illegal lol), I'm learning to make my own bullets (my dad is teaching me). My idea of a good drink is Hennessy or Johnny Walker on the rocks (straight-no mixers) it's an acquired taste i know.

By no means am I what you implied as a sissy. Lol I may be sassy but sissy never that
But you still not a guy, why would we want to hang around with you if we can't sleep with you? Are we going to talk about women with you?
C'mon. Either find girls of similar interests or go for gay guys.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility_now View Post
But you still not a guy, why would we want to hang around with you if we can't sleep with you? Are we going to talk about women with you?

Not a lot of gals are into cars, or planes or flying or engineering. Sometimes we gals have no choice but to be friends with men.

I'm not a big fan of hair salons, shopping, getting my nails done or clubbing so I don't have a lot in common with a lot of women out there. I prefer the company of men for the most part.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
I can be friends with women. But, when I'm attracted to a girl who wants to be friends it makes it difficult. It's those damn curves and long hair I tell ya...

Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility_now View Post
Why not?

OP, If you live anywhere in eastern Missouri, I'll be your friend. I like doing absolutely anything with absolutely anyone. I like all music, activities, and food and am interested in hearing about all opinions, venting, and talk, from all points of view.

Last edited by Clintone; 09-25-2012 at 08:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships