Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:22 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,785,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Being a server requires no specialized skills, so if there is a glut of them looking for work, employers are picky. Enter the service industry in Manhattan. I have to compete in open calls with girls who look like models dressed with designer clothes and handbags for a cocktail server job. Go to the Campbell Apartments in Grand Central station, which is famous. Look at their servers.
Okay. Just further demonstrates my point that you're in an environment that is just begging patrons to objectify the women around them. That's why you're seeing so much of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 12:53 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
If I'm out with the guys I'll Ogle, albeit discretely. If I'm on a date, I'm interested in my date and not some random woman passing by. It's not like your going to be going home with the random woman?

The bigger issue is if your female date is Ogling other females

Old 09-29-2012, 03:27 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
I think staring at other women in the presence of a partner is disrespectful. However, I have heard many debates among women in which the sides are pretty evenly divided. Some women just attribute it to "maleness", while others are deeply hurt.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If I'm out with the guys I'll Ogle, albeit discretely. If I'm on a date, I'm interested in my date and not some random woman passing by. It's not like your going to be going home with the random woman?

The bigger issue is if your female date is Ogling other females
It's amazing how many men think they're doing it 'discretely' just because people haven't called them out on it.
I have a male friend that thinks he only looks at my boobs 'discretely' and was so proud of himself for it until I started calling him out EVERY TIME.

Turns out, he wasn't as discrete as he though, I was just ignoring it.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:14 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
[/b]

Sorry your wife feels she has to do this to be the "good" woman. That's just freaking sad. Before you get upset..I cant think of many MEN who just randomly point out hot men for their women to look at. However, I hear women saying they will do this, or their men saying that their women point out women for them to look at. And if you think ANY..ANY..woman TRULY in her heart LIKES that sh&t, you are out of your mind.

I believe some women put up with this because they know men are the ones who usually have the bad habit of doing that. So they either try to just play along like its okay, or point out the women first. It's like they feel it's something they have to put up with, or should put up with or else they will be seen as "bitc*ing". It's just demeaning to a woman to have her partner do that in front of her, and it shows a total lack of respect and ignorance on the guy's part. And don't ANYONE tell me it doesnt show disrespect, because YES THE H*LL IT DOES!!

You cant keep from oogling anything with a da-mn va-gina when you are out with your wife/girlfriend? Really..it's THAT hard to do??? Seems like it's only that hard to do for more MEN as opposed to women.
Sit here and laugh and joke about it all you want, but it shows a total lack of class. Any woman that puts up with that is a fool. I would NEVER do that to my man, and I would NEVER accept him doing that to me. I swear, consideration, morals, respect..whatever you want to call it..has just fallen by the wayside as time goes on.
Not only do I not know any men that would point out hot guys to the woman that they are with, but if they even thought she was looking at someone else, she'd probably never hear the end of it.

Yet some of these guys - you'd think that they had never seen a woman before, or they've never heard of something called peripheral vision. Yeah, we get it...red-blooded male, heterosexual, blah blah blah. I don't appreciate being in the precarious position of either putting up with it or looking like a b*tch if I say something. Good times.

When I'm with a guy, I don't treat him like my BFF and giggle over hot guys with him. By the same token, I would appreciate if he didn't treat me like one of his boys and eye-rape strange women in my presence.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:12 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times
Why mope around.
The nice,calm ones get even.
I do all the time. When I go out to a nightclub,I booty dance with the guys IN HIS FACE.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:35 AM

236 posts, read 427,845 times
I'm married and I look,So does my wife looking is not a bad thing.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 AM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
Not only do I not know any men that would point out hot guys to the woman that they are with, but if they even thought she was looking at someone else, she'd probably never hear the end of it.

Yet some of these guys - you'd think that they had never seen a woman before, or they've never heard of something called peripheral vision. Yeah, we get it...red-blooded male, heterosexual, blah blah blah. I don't appreciate being in the precarious position of either putting up with it or looking like a b*tch if I say something. Good times.

When I'm with a guy, I don't treat him like my BFF and giggle over hot guys with him. By the same token, I would appreciate if he didn't treat me like one of his boys and eye-rape strange women in my presence.

^^ Thank you. Apparently some people can't get that through their head though. Sheesh just a bit of decency..is that really too much to ask from our SO? Hah.....apparently so.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:58 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Okay. Just further demonstrates my point that you're in an environment that is just begging patrons to objectify the women around them.
I guess every woman with a boyfriend needs to avoid NYC nightlife.

Or find a man who can keep his mouth closed around attractive females.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:37 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,122,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Have women just lost their backbone and become indifferent?

I'm not talking about a guy casually looking at an attractive girl walking by him when he's talking to another girl, I've noticed (especially at my places of employment), guys whose heads literally whip all the way around with prolonged stares. Meanwhile the girl's body is turned towards him and it looks like she's deep into whatever she's talking about.

I saw a guy do this yesterday at my bar and the girl he was with noted it, waited for him to finish staring and returned to the conversation.

I'd want to smack the bejesus out of a man who embarrassed me like that...
I'm not buying it. You need more people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships