Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 AM

191 posts, read 242,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-law View Post
how often do we see white men and black girls;

it's pretty rare percentage wise - why do you reckon?
I think it's more because most Black women are not that attracted to White guys and wouldn't consider being in a long term relationship with one.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
I think it's more because most Black women are not that attracted to White guys and wouldn't consider being in a long term relationship with one.
It is a very popular coupling where I live. Surprisingly a lot of blond guys too.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:09 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Wow. Thought I was the only one that experienced this, except it was a White Brazilian roomate. When her parents found out that her roomate (me) was Black, they got her off campus housing. I came back from class one day, and she and her things were gone. Just like that. Then when I saw her on campus, she acted like she didn't know me. Wouldn't even make eye contact. Also, the Asian parents use to request that their kids not be roomed with Black students as well. This was in the S.F. Bay Area. I could go on for days with stories like that, but I won't.
How humiliating for you . Perhaps they believed some stereotypes that black kids were into drugs or gangs or something like that?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 AM

499 posts, read 756,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
When did I say that it was horrible or implied it? No need to defend it. No need to assume things that aren't there. If Person A doesn't like Person B because of Person B's race then Person A isn't worth that Person B's time. What don't you comprehend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I'm not offended at all. I was confused by you assuming that I thought it was horrible. You want to just say stuff? I doubt it. I believe there was a point to me behind it so I was confused.
Lol. Yeah whatever ............ Lol.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:05 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
Reading the comments here, does this mean as a mulatto (Cuban- well black with a hint of spanish/British) I'm royally screwed? Because it explains so much about many past rejections.

Really don't like the idea that I have to be restricted to one race because society says so.
If you're a woman you should definitely hit me up.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm Vanilla. Well, tanned Vanilla. Sometimes a little Vanilla hits the spot, especially in a HFS

You know that was made up by a drunken Irish man. It's the Scotts that have the GIRTH
Lmao!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:11 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Lol. Yeah whatever ............ Lol.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 AM

331 posts, read 735,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
At what point do we become Americans? Italians, Irish, Chinese, and many more immigrated here and didn't seem to have problems with marrying the people already living here. I don't get it, honestly. Its going to be hard to assimilate if everyone in the family is marrying people from the exact same part of the world pre-immigration. If one is going to insist, for instance, on only dating other Tamil, then why the eff did they come to America to begin with? Why not stay in India or Malaysia? If one is only going to date hispanics, then why not do everyone a favor and move south of the border or to Spain! I can understand Muslims or conservative Christians or Buddhists and whatnot not wanting to date outside their faith, but it comes across as very very racist and very un-American to insist that because someone is white or black or assimilated American or bi-racial that they are not dateworthy because they might not like vegimite or might not love your mother's cooking that comes form Pakistan. And lets face it here: its those of us who come from lineages that have been here longer who are having this problem with more recent immigrants.

What even gets me more is I hear from Mexicans, and Indians, and Pakistanis, and Malaysians, and Chinese and everyone else about how their parents aren't "American" enough, how Mom and Dad are backward, and they wish their families were more "Americanized" but in the same breath they admit they won't date anyone who doesn't have that same background. I met a guy here once who spent the first 20 or so minutes I met him ranting about how backward his family was, how stubborn they were, that they were still doing arranged marriages and only with people from the exact same part of India his parents came to America from, and then, the next time I met him..."whoops, sorry, I only date Indian women." And to be honest, it isn't just the immigrants of color who do this either, I've heard of and ran into whole pockets of white South Africans, Australians, and even British people who won't date people who are not also expats/immigrants from their respective countries.

In the end, you never know if someone is going to have a hard time with your cultural background until you give them a chance. I'm starting to get to a point where if a guy has an obviously non-American accent, or is obviously the child of immigrants I give him the cold shoulder no matter how hot he is. I'm obviously not the only one doing that, either, because I've heard the whining about that too, the "*sniffle sniffle* Americans who've been here forever won't give me a chance" line.
I don't really care about race, the last few women I've been on dates with were white, Chinese and Japanese.

I don't know what the hell's going on with the Indians in the US..it seems like coming to the US has made them very different to the ones I know! Italian Americans are nothing like Italians from Italy and UK.

What do you guys make of this -I'm of Indian heritage, born and raised in UK. I refuse to date girls who are born and raised in India - does that make me a racist?! I love Indian women from UK

Cultural stuff is a big deal...I feel almost nothing in common with people who are from India.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:22 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
I don't really care about race, the last few women I've been on dates with were white, Chinese and Japanese.

I don't know what the hell's going on with the Indians in the US..it seems like coming to the US has made them very different to the ones I know! Italian Americans are nothing like Italians from Italy and UK.

What do you guys make of this -I'm of Indian heritage, born and raised in UK. I refuse to date girls who are born and raised in India - does that make me a racist?! I love Indian women from UK

Cultural stuff is a big deal...I feel almost nothing in common with people who are from India.
Yes, I'm the same way. I wouldn't want to date someone traditional or conservative from Malaysia either...the thought of their parents alone is horrifying haha.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
What even gets me more is I hear from Mexicans, and Indians, and Pakistanis, and Malaysians, and Chinese and everyone else about how their parents aren't "American" enough, how Mom and Dad are backward, and they wish their families were more "Americanized" but in the same breath they admit they won't date anyone who doesn't have that same background. I met a guy here once who spent the first 20 or so minutes I met him ranting about how backward his family was, how stubborn they were, that they were still doing arranged marriages and only with people from the exact same part of India his parents came to America from, and then, the next time I met him..."whoops, sorry, I only date Indian women." And to be honest, it isn't just the immigrants of color who do this either, I've heard of and ran into whole pockets of white South Africans, Australians, and even British people who won't date people who are not also expats/immigrants from their respective countries.
Forest through the trees syndrome. 'Judge, lest not you be judged' comes to mind. Same reason why many people on here declare theirselves so open minded and progressive in one breath and proceed to throw a Stereotype out there of another group with the next. Everyone is guilty of this to some extent: Ghandi, Mother Theresa and the Dali lama all come to mind, no one is 100% exempt.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-03-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.