Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 05:16 PM

88 posts, read 128,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
5 days or so later I get a text about it being a rough week. I respond with a line, no response yet lol. What's that book "Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten" ?
You're experience on match.com was much like mine with a few women. Starts off well, a lot of fun and then they just kind of slowly disappear. Didn't find the match experience very fulfilling because of that. Met my fair share of women from there but it just didn't reach sustainable levels for whatever reason.

I found my wife on plentyoffish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 05:19 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
5 days or so later I get a text about it being a rough week. I respond with a line, no response yet lol. What's that book "Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten" ?

Now do you see why FWB is so popular? Best thing to do in 2012

Old 10-13-2012, 05:20 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooktheoriginal View Post
You're experience on match.com was much like mine with a few women. Starts off well, a lot of fun and then they just kind of slowly disappear. Didn't find the match experience very fulfilling because of that. Met my fair share of women from there but it just didn't reach sustainable levels for whatever reason.

I found my wife on plentyoffish.

POF is the site I thought was for having sex LOL

Old 10-13-2012, 05:37 PM

88 posts, read 128,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
POF is the site I thought was for having sex LOL
You know going in, I thought it was too. But after doing the eharmony thing and the match.com thing, I figured why not give it a try, I have nothing to lose. Not even money because it was free. I tell you though, before I found my wife on there, I found a couple of great women that weren't about the sex and wanted a real relationship and that was refreshing and surprising.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:07 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I really enjoyed dating from match.com, and it definitely worked for me. My husband and I met on match.com and were married ten months later. Seven years later and we're very happy together!

We met when I was 42 and he was 47 by the way. We were both very clear in our profiles that we were looking for a long term relationship/marriage to someone with similar values.

I never tried match.com I did try OkCupid & POF nothing really came of either. So I found a site where I could find people of the same belifes as mine. Within a a few days I had a women message me who has everything I have been looking for. I think it helps if you find someone who not only believes as you do but wants the same thing. My faith is very important to me & having someone who belives as I do really helps. The only real problem is we live 12 hrs apart but the connection to each other is very strong, we've seen each other like seven times now. I am planning on moving closer because my moms health is going downhill. I met some women on POF & OkCupid who thought an Hr drive was too far.

I swore to myself I would never get involved in a LDR but there is something special about this women.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:10 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I never tried match.com I did try OkCupid & POF nothing really came of either. So I found a site where I could find people of the same belifes as mine. Within a a few days I had a women message me who has everything I have been looking for. I think it helps if you find someone who not only believes as you do but wants the same thing. My faith is very important to me & having someone who belives as I do really helps. The only real problem is we live 12 hrs apart but the connection to each other is very strong, we've seen each other like seven times now. I am planning on moving closer because my moms health is going downhill. I met some women on POF & OkCupid who thought an Hr drive was too far.

I swore to myself I would never get involved in a LDR but there is something special about this women.

By getting in a LDR you only hurting yourself

Old 10-13-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
By getting in a LDR you only hurting yourself

I've been down this road once before the last one I was in we didn't see each other. Long story there. I won't be so far when I'm move less then a days drive. We can both deal with this as it stands now it's a 12 Hr drive which is very hard.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:26 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I've been down this road once before the last one I was in we didn't see each other. Long story there. I won't be so far when I'm move less then a days drive. We can both deal with this as it stands now it's a 12 Hr drive which is very hard.
Why not meet someone in your area?

Old 10-13-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Why not meet someone in your area?

I'm moving for one... two there are no people who believe as I do in this area. In all reality I never planned on staying here for long, I came here to get away from the ex-wife & clear my head.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Relationship advice of any kind coming from a middle-aged man who's longest "relationship" has been all of three dates with the same woman should be taken with a truckload of rock salt.

If I'm middle age then you should be SIX FEET UNDER

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships