Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 08:03 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
Maybe I should have let her rip my clothes off.

I got the "can we just be friends" text this morning

Oh well, I'm not like that and never will be.
i'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but this is hilarious.

Had one good date, and suddenly match.com " worked for you " , and you run to the computer to start a thread about it. You've obviously not been paying very close attention to the nature of the complaints.

think maybe you jumped the gun there ?

Last edited by le roi; 10-15-2012 at 08:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 08:31 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
IN MY EXPERIENCE, a lot of people on those dating websites are cheaters. It's too easy to meet someone else on there.

Good luck with the honeymoon phase

I'm not a cheater - never have been.

And my honeymoon stage with the husband I met on match.com is still going strong 7 years later!

Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I think what people are trying to say is to not be too excited about the girl because he really doesn't know anything about her. Getting his hopes up and becoming emotionally invested in someone early on could have very bad consequences.
I was addressing those who specifically denounce all online dating and online daters as something or someone that simply won't work because the SYSTEM or the PEOPLE INVOLVED are somehow inferior.

(By the way, I know the grammar in that sentence is awful! Sorry!)

Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I never tried match.com I did try OkCupid & POF nothing really came of either. So I found a site where I could find people of the same belifes as mine. Within a a few days I had a women message me who has everything I have been looking for. I think it helps if you find someone who not only believes as you do but wants the same thing. My faith is very important to me & having someone who belives as I do really helps. The only real problem is we live 12 hrs apart but the connection to each other is very strong, we've seen each other like seven times now. I am planning on moving closer because my moms health is going downhill. I met some women on POF & OkCupid who thought an Hr drive was too far.

I swore to myself I would never get involved in a LDR but there is something special about this women.
Good luck!

My husband and I are both serious about our faith as well. We made that clear on our match profiles. I agree - if it's important to you, it needs to be clear on the front end.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:35 AM

885 posts, read 1,882,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but this is hilarious.

Had one good date, and suddenly match.com " worked for you " , and you run to the computer to start a thread about it. You've obviously not been paying very close attention to the nature of the complaints.

think maybe you jumped the gun there ?
We're obviously just not using the same definition of worked.

I figure it worked because I met a girl and had fun with her. I still think it "worked" at this moment.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:

I figure it worked because I met a girl and had fun with her. I still think it "worked" at this moment.
I was thinking this as well reading some of the responses. Whether or not it "worked" depends on your end goal. For me, when I had a profile on Match, I was looking for a partner. I didn't find one, therefore, Match did not work for me.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:05 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:

Well, they say that low expectations are the key to happiness. Maybe you're onto something.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:11 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Worked for me? I dunno. I had a terrible social anxiety and really was very uncomfortable just approaching women. So match was a way for me to "meet" women and get some first dates. With that goal in mind, it did work. However, I really was not contacting or meeting anyone I had any chemistry with.

I sort of gave up, still had a profile, but had stopped using the site when a woman emailed me. She was terrific, and is now my wife.

I am not sure it "worked" for me as much as I "lucked out" that I left my profile up, she stumbled across it, found something she liked in it, and was the sort of woman to take the initiative and contact me.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:57 PM

415 posts, read 615,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
People turn to online dating when they realize the bar scene has failed.

The problem with the bar scene is that 90% of the women are in there hoping to find their husband for the next 20 years, and 90% of the men are in there hoping to find their next lay for the next 20 minutes.

And the problem with online dating? See above.
Locally, the men go to find a girlfriend and the women go to find a wallet to empty. I'm a woman and I'm saying that. Lots of "plastic" around here. Chances are around here if a woman is well endowed on top, 90% of the time its fake.

But honestly...where else to find someone? Every place I've worked it is verboten to date one's coworkers. I even went to churches when I was younger that did not want their singles ministries to become "meat markets" so people were actively discouraged from dating. Even meetup groups have "no being on the prowl" rules and will ban you if you are looking for someone.

I will pass on the online dating thing. My best friend and my brother had zero luck, and I seem to attract nothing but men (on Meetup)so low in the scheme of things that the word "creep" would be a compliment. At least the guys at the bar know how to groom and have game!

Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
I noticed a few people mentioned the fake profiles and I think I fell for one. Right before or right after my membership was expiring a guy fitting EXACTLY what I wanted in a mate contacted me. I renewed because of him, sent him a message and never heard back. I got exactly ONE response that time I was on.

Online doesn't work for me I realize. I've tried both paid and free sites and outside of many responses that were inappropriate (got a lot of "you're hot" messages)or men not what I wanted (men too old, long distance, men with kids, etc)I didn't have a lot of luck. I emailed several men I wanted but none of them contacted me back. I met one guy who fit what I want and lived close but he decided he wasn't interested in me (or found someone else). I met a great guy I still chat with and we are just friends because he lives too far and is too young (and not really looking to get married anytime soon). We met mostly because he had work to do in my area and we met as friends. I've met other guys but the rest either lied about what they were looking for, lied about themselves, including age, weight and worst of all marital status, or were slobs.

I may consider it again if the guy I am interested in isn't interested but not for a long time. However if he's not interested I am taking it as a sign that maybe I am just meant to be alone and am fine with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships