Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 08:02 AM

64 posts, read 85,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I interact with a lot of men to know how they are. I really resent what you just said because it sounds like you don't know what you are talking about
I'm sorry but it sounds like you interact with the WRONG men so you only know how THEY are. You attract what you emit. You're a negative person. Guys don't like that and a lot of guys pick up on your weaknesses and will act like they're 9 yrs old. Start conducting yourself in a positive, confident manner. The problem here is that you expect or want too much. You have too many expectations set and you will only date the "perfect guy". Well, we all have someone perfect for us individually and most of the time they are never what we preconceived in our minds. If I waited for the guy who met every criteria on my list of "wants" I'd still be single. Unfortunately sometimes you have to overlook certain things physically. When men aren't banging down your door, you have to stop being so picky. I'm not saying you should be desperate and go out with just anyone but if you persist that the guy MUST be minimum 6 feet tall and the only guys around are 5'8" or 5'5" then you might be passing up a really great guy. Sometimes you sound pretty shallow, to be honest. You don't like it when guys won't look at you or approach you but you're doing the very same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 08:04 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPOUTTAIT View Post
I'm sorry but it sounds like you interact with the WRONG men so you only know how THEY are. You attract what you emit. You're a negative person. Guys don't like that and a lot of guys pick up on your weaknesses and will act like they're 9 yrs old. Start conducting yourself in a positive, confident manner. The problem here is that you expect or want too much. You have too many expectations set and you will only date the "perfect guy". Well, we all have someone perfect for us individually and most of the time they are never what we preconceived in our minds. If I waited for the guy who met every criteria on my list of "wants" I'd still be single. Unfortunately sometimes you have to overlook certain things physically. When men aren't banging down your door, you have to stop being so picky. I'm not saying you should be desperate and go out with just anyone but if you persist that the guy MUST be minimum 6 feet tall and the only guys around are 5'8" or 5'5" then you might be passing up a really great guy. Sometimes you sound pretty shallow, to be honest. You don't like it when guys won't look at you or approach you but you're doing the very same thing.
Save your breath... uh, fingers. She won't listen to you or anyone else here who has told her the same thing ad nauseum.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 AM

64 posts, read 85,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Save your breath... uh, fingers. She won't listen to you or anyone else here who has told her the same thing ad nauseum.
I know lol...she should follow the advice of my username and just...

Snap out of it Moonstruck - YouTube

Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 AM

810 posts, read 1,808,985 times
Quote:
Guys, honestly what can an average looking girl do to stand out if she is competing with other girls who are more attractive....??

Men are very visual creatures and they are going to notice the most attractive women first while overlooking the more average looking girls...but there has to be something we can do to pop out more if our looks are not our strongest advantage...
Ugh, I'll bite.

You can stand out by not being whiny, full of self-pity and saturated with self-condescension towards those you are not attracted to.

That help?

Last edited by Gatsby1925; 10-09-2012 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: mis-spelling, whoops!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
Ugh, I'll bite.

You can stand out by not being whiny, full of self-pity and saturated with self-condensation towards those you are not attracted to.

That help?
What is self-condenstation?

Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,122,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
This has been done to death... and by no-one more here than YOU.

But... since you want a 'genuine' response, here's mine: If you want men to 'think outside the box' and consider 'average' women such as yourself then it's fair play for YOU to 'think outside the box' as well... and you know damn well what I am saying.
think outside the box and consider what??

Old 10-09-2012, 08:13 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,122,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPOUTTAIT View Post
My standards are not ridiculous. I prefer a guy who is 5'9+. I don't do short men. I dated one in the past and will never go that route again.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:20 AM

810 posts, read 1,808,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
What is self-condenstation?
Meant to write self-condescension, but I was too focused on the water that was on the outside of my cold can of Red Bull, hence why I wrote it like that.

True story.

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
My standards are not ridiculous. I prefer a guy who is 5'9+. I don't do short men. I dated one in the past and will never go that route again.
So... You will never date short men - and that's okay. But men not wanting to date you for purely aesthetical reasons is not okay?

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
I think Yow-ming is single?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships