Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Be more aggressive. Don't wait for the guys to talk to you. Use your personality.

It's not rocket science.

The easiest answer is the correct one
I don't think being aggressive is the best approach. Guys may not be responsive to you based on your level of attractiveness. Some men can be very dry, and unfriendly to women who are not universally hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Some of you women need to understand that successful people are only ever in competition with themselves, not the others around them.

But I know...it's so much easier to blame other people ("shallow" men, beautiful women etc) for your failure to be where you want to be in life

Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The good news is, many men do learn to value women for more than just their looks as they grow older. The bad news is, men often don't get to that point until they themselves begin to close in on middle age. You will find the kind of men you are looking for. You are just going to have to make it through the virtual desert of your 20s first.
So are you saying I should aim for older men??

Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I don't think being aggressive is the best approach. Guys may not be responsive to you based on your level of attractiveness. Some men can be very dry, and unfriendly to women who are not universally hot.

You sound like you don't know a lot of about men. A man would want the attention of an attractive woman than to be turned down and ignored by the most attractive woman in the room. If he's the guy who would rather be turned down then give you any attention, then he's a loser. Seems like you're not spending enough time questioning his value, and spending to much time questioning yours

2,076 posts, read 3,662,572 times
Quote:
Guys, honestly what can an average looking girl do to stand out if she is competing with other girls who are more attractive....??

We know how shallow men are and they are going to notice the most attractive women first while overlooking the more average looking girls...but there has to be something we can do to pop out more if our looks are not our strongest advantage...
Yea, be a ****.

As I always say, girls on the 5-6 outta 10 scale tend to be the sluttiest. Girls who are hot know they're hot, they have nothing to prove. Ugly girls know they're ugly, they just accept it. Girls in that range are in a constant tug of war with themselves if they're beautiful so they sleep with men to notch up their count and say: I feel desirable! I know I'm gonna get flak for the above but oh well.....

Guys may fancy the dime, but if the 6 is basically on his lap, many will take what they get. one bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush or some **** like that.

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
You could always go out and get yourself some big tupperware boob bowls implanted in your chest.

Oh wait weren't you the girl with the paper towel in her jeans? I think you're on to something there...

Old 10-08-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
You sound like you don't know a lot of about men. A man would want the attention of an attractive woman than to be turned down and ignored by the most attractive woman in the room. If he's the guy who would rather be turned down then give you any attention, then he's a loser. Seems like you're not spending enough time questioning his value, and spending to much time questioning yours
I do know how men are. A lot of men tend to be more responsive to more attractive women. A universally hot girl can walk up to any man, and not have any problems socializing with him. An average girl? Not so much. The guy or may or may not dismiss her.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
So are you saying I should aim for older men??

I keep saying it, it goes ignored... So I'll say it again until someone listens.

Get in a relationship with yourself, and that way you'll love yourself. If you can't love yourself, you'll get a man. He's just treat you like crap, and you'll never have enough self respect to leave him alone. The way you're sound right now? Any loser can swap in and abuse the crap out of you, granted he was good looking enough. and good men like me don't find women who ask such dumb questions attractive.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:01 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Someone who looks like they take pride in how they look and are confident when they walk and talk. That's all I ask.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
Yea, be a ****.

As I always say, girls on the 5-6 outta 10 scale tend to be the sluttiest. Girls who are hot know they're hot, they have nothing to prove. Ugly girls know they're ugly, they just accept it. Girls in that range are in a constant tug of war with themselves if they're beautiful so they sleep with men to notch up their count and say: I feel desirable! I know I'm gonna get flak for the above but oh well.....

Guys may fancy the dime, but if the 6 is basically on his lap, many will take what they get. one bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush or some **** like that.
I'm sorry but I don't understand your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships