Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Let's not go there my friend
You brought it up. Like any bull**** it deserves to be called out.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:35 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Forget the religious aspects. 100 generations ago, hunting was a way of life for all mankind
So was dying of bacterial infections, slavery, not bathing, the uncivilized, etc^1000. Society and culture evolve.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
I could handle being with a vegetarian. Full out vegan... hell no. My sister is one and I've literally watched her waste away from a healthy looking person to a skeleton. Oh, and she'll binge on food that isn't vegan just to puke it up later. I love her, but that **** makes me sick. There are people starving around the world that would literally eat the food she vomited up. Totally disgusting behavior (not that all or even most vegans do this).

Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So was dying of bacterial infections, slavery, not bathing, the uncivilized, etc^1000. Society and culture evolve.
And when nuclear armageddon (insert any other SHTF scenario) occurs, you'll be glad that a few held on to the old ways.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I could handle being with a vegetarian. Full out vegan... hell no. My sister is one and I've literally watched her waste away from a healthy looking person to a skeleton. Oh, and she'll binge on food that isn't vegan just to puke it up later. I love her, but that **** makes me sick. There are people starving around the world that would literally eat the food she vomited up. Totally disgusting behavior (not that all or even most vegans do this).
OMG! This is bulimic behavior. It sounds like the veganism for her is also a form of obsessive-compulsive behavior toward food. She needs help, not disgust.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Most don't. Generally, western vegetarians tend to be healthier than meat eaters. Although, that's in part due to the demographic (higher SES).

Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Nope. Not a dealbreaker. Actually it's kind of a little daydream of mine is to meet someone from Arkansa or Georgia who can hit a small animal from over a mile away with a strong cross wind in a forest.

With a revolver. Blindfolded.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:42 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Forget the religious aspects. 100 generations ago, hunting was a way of life for all mankind
I really don't think they ate as much meat as we eat today. For one, they didn't have refrigeration. They would occasionally kill an animal to have food, but they also ate other things. We have meat readily available all the time; they didn't.

It's not 100 generations ago, but my dad was born in 1928 and I once asked him about eating meat when he was growing up. He said they mostly ate pork because that is what they raised and that they didn't eat a lot of it because it was so salty you could hardly eat it. They had to salt it heavily to preserve it. He said back then, at least where he grew up, people didn't really eat beef.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
And when nuclear armageddon (insert any other SHTF scenario) occurs, you'll be glad that a few held on to the old ways.
Besides the fact that this is called a lost argument . Just wait until the rapture comes! Until then you will keep relying on modern medicine and technology. Won't ya? Yea, that's what I thought LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I really don't think they ate as much meat as we eat today. For one, they didn't have refrigeration. They would occasionally kill an animal to have food, but they also ate other things. We have meat readily available all the time; they didn't.

It's not 100 generations ago, but my dad was born in 1928 and I once asked him about eating meat when he was growing up. He said they mostly ate pork because that is what they raised and that they didn't eat a lot of it because it was so salty you could hardly eat it. They had to salt it heavily to preserve it. He said back then, at least where he grew up, people didn't really eat beef.
You're gonna ruin the day dream that justifies blood lust.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Nope. Not a dealbreaker. Actually it's kind of a little daydream of mine is to meet someone from Arkansa or Georgia who can hit a small animal from over a mile away with a strong cross wind in a forest.

With a revolver. Blindfolded.
Duck! We've never seen this side of you. What kind of small animal? You mean....like...a duck?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.