Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 11:34 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,151,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post

As long as you don't date/sleep with/marry them, then you are right. They aren't obligated to give info.
They aren't obligated to give me this info even if I do date, sleep with or marry them.

They have the right to not answer.

I have the right to not date, sleep with, or marry them as well if they don't. Or for any reason.

But they aren't obligated to answer my question.

Quote:
Well, the info you are withholding is something that would turn many people off and they would see it as being deceptive since you know many people would not like it. Entitlement can be shown by not giving a person a choice as to wanting to date a bisexual person, even if they don't think to ask. You still know it's not something many people would go for.
I don't know any guy personally that wouldn't date a bi woman. I can't recall the last time I have dated someone that isn't at least heteroflexible. So no, I don't "know" this. Of course, not volunteering information is completely different from witholding information. If someone has kids, and they don't volunteer it, are they witholding it? No, if I want to know, I would ask. They aren't obligated to volunteer it.

And the person DOES have the choice. They have the choice to ask. I really don't think you understand the term "entitlement", you're using it incorrectly.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:35 AM

861 posts, read 1,115,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Who said they should have a right to complain?
Plenty of bisexual people complain about being dumped due to them being bisexual.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:35 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,032,854 times
Quote:
I think a lot of people would consider their sexual orientation to be more than a "feeling".
I never mentioned sexual orientation.

Of course, you do not define someone by the way they feel, period.

I don't care if your attracted to dead people, straight people, gay people, red people, dogs, cats, or whatever. It's a feeling and it is fleeting and makes no difference upon who you are.

But those with poor sexual boundaries only define people by their sexual attraction. it's all sex, sexual orientation, sexual this sexual that. And it is THOSE people who are tossed to and fro not able to maintain a relationship because they use these made up labels to excuse their own demanding self entitlement mentality insisting they can horn into and expect, another to disclose personal sexual feelings they endure. Worry about your own sexual feelings, get those under control because they are not if you truly think someones total personhood can be defined by them.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
They aren't obligated to give me this info even if I do date, sleep with or marry them.
Well, I and many others disagree. It becomes your potential lover's (especially if marriage is involved) business if you are becoming intimate with them. Why would a bisexual person be with someone who might not like it? And bisexual people KNOW that many people do not like being with a bisexual person.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Well, I and many others disagree. Why would a bisexual person be with someone who might not like it? And bisexual people KNOW that many people do not like being with a bisexual person.
You would have to ask them. That's their choice and their business.

Quote:
Plenty of bisexual people complain about being dumped due to them being bisexual.
They do? Who?

Old 12-08-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yeah, I wanna know if my dude is into dudes. Which means he no longer would be my partner.
LOL!

If your dude "is into other dudes?" A commitment between two people needs to be confirmed by both parties. When he is INTO you there will be a MUTUAL commitment between both of you.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
You would have to ask them. That's their choice and their business.

If they sleep with or marry someone it's that person's choice and business as well to know that they are bisexual. Even if someone was okay with it, they might dump them for withholding such information.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
If they sleep with or marry someone it's that person's choice and business as well to know that they are bisexual. Even if someone was okay with it, they might dump them for withholding such information.

They might. That is their choice to do so. People can dump people for any reason they want to, or for no reason at all.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
If you would have cared aka seen the red flags/signs you would not have gotten involved with a guy who then turns to drugs.
I had no experience with illegal drugs to be educated upon the red flags. He said he was working alot. Divorced parents, other reasons I felt were at play.

Most everyone was into drugs back then at our high school. It was a wide-spread problem back then.

I did care very much.I was a freshman in high school. I got him into counseling. Got him a mentor.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
They might. That is their choice to do so. People can dump people for any reason they want to, or for no reason at all.
Finally. We agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships