Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 11:21 AM

31,384 posts, read 22,365,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
And they probably want sex with other women too. But they choose not to. I long for lots of things I can't have. That is what functional adults do.
Unfortunately, jumping back and forth between men and women greatly Increases the transfer of some diseases, HIV specifically, to women that they otherwise would not normally be exposed to. One of the reasons that HIV is almost non-existent in the Lesbian population.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:22 AM

861 posts, read 1,117,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If it matters to them, they should ask. If they care, they will ask. If they don't ask, they don't have any right to complain. Simple. The end.

I don't care, so I don't ask. My time isn't wasted. If there is a dealbreaker issue out there for me, I ask. If they don't want to answer me, I can make the decision not to see them again.
And if the bisexual person doesn't make it known upfront, then they don't have any right to complain when they are dumped. Simple. The end.

And if it's not a big deal, it shouldn't be a big deal to mention to a potential lover/date.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:22 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,034,018 times
Quote:
Of course, but I wasn't talking about physical intimacy or focusing on it, like you claimed. Never mind referring to aerobic acts or treating people like rag dolls. I have no idea where you got that from the term "prospective partner".
alright

Old 12-08-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
And it's the straight/gay person's choice if they want to get involved or intensely private with a person who is bisexual.

It doesn't make sense to leave out such intimate/important details about yourself if you start dating someone.
It doesn't make sense to have a sense of entitlement to something you are owed in the first place.

It isn't leaving anything out when there is no expectation the person owes you those immensly private details in the first place. You'd really have to have some horrible boundaries to think that way. And those folks are not good long term material. At some point, it's just time to grow up

Old 12-08-2016, 11:25 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,195,172 times
Quote:
And if the bisexual person doesn't make it known upfront, then they don't have any right to complain when they are dumped. Simple. The end.

And if it's not a big deal, it shouldn't be a big deal to mention to a potential lover/date.
Who said they should have a right to complain?

I never think to mention I'm straight to people I'm dating, but if I didn't mention it, and they dumped me because of it later, that's their business and their right. If they want to know, they should ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
It doesn't make sense to have a sense of entitlement to something you are owed in the first place.
This. They don't owe me information I've not asked for. And if they don't want to give it when I do ask, they have the right to say none of your business, and I have the right to not date them anymore. They aren't obligated to give me this info.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post

It isn't leaving anything out when there is no expectation the person owes you those immensly private details in the first place. .
It's not entitlement. It's their choice to date you or not. If that's the case, it's an entitlement to withhold something that you know could turn a person off.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
There is a poster (whom I've been responding to) who feels that it's not a person's business if a potential romantic partner is bisexual.
It is their business if the other person feels like they want to disclose it.

It isn't a self entitlement. That is creepy weird

Old 12-08-2016, 11:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,195,172 times
Quote:
It's not entitlement. It's their choice to date you or not. If that's the case, it's an entitlement to withhold something that you know could turn a person off.
Not volunteering something someone hasn't asked for is not "witholding". That you think it is shows your entitlement.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Who said they should have a right to complain?

I never think to mention I'm straight to people I'm dating, but if I didn't mention it, and they dumped me because of it later, that's their business and their right. If they want to know, they should ask.
Just like you think someone should ask, I also think someone should tell. I think it should be asked and it should be told.

Quote:
.This. They don't owe me information I've not asked for. And if they don't want to give it when I do ask, they have the right to say none of your business, and I have the right to not date them anymore. They aren't obligated to give me this info.
As long as you don't date/sleep with/marry them, then you are right. They aren't obligated to give info.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Not volunteering something someone hasn't asked for is not "witholding". That you think it is shows your entitlement.
Well, the info you are withholding is something that would turn many people off and they would see it as being deceptive since you know many people would not like it. Entitlement can be shown by not giving a person a choice as to wanting to date a bisexual person, even if they don't think to ask. You still know it's not something many people would go for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships