Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2016, 08:59 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,373,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
Because some people want to know. It should be their choice if they want to be with someone who is bisexual. If you feel it's no big deal, then what's the big deal and letting people know what they are getting into?
What I wonder is how you really feel about bisexual men. Seems unclear.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:59 AM

861 posts, read 1,116,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
No one has a "right" to know in the first place.
I had a boyfriend that was molested as a child. I didn't have a right to know but he did disclose during that time a dog was involved. So he has weird fantasies about a specific breed of dog. Why should I care?
It wasn't my business and he has no interest in messing around with dogs in real life anyhow. I was honored he felt safe to tell me, and because we had a solid loving foundation, it was fine. Well until he got into meth....

tricked? you are one messed up cookie.

You cannot be tricked about something that was none of your business in the first place.

You are not "owed" to know anything that intensely private about that person my dear.

Thinking a little higher of yourself than you ought to??
No. Just saying people have the right to choose if they want to be involved with someone who is bisexual.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
What I wonder is how you really feel about bisexual men. Seems unclear.
I'm fine with them, but I can understand why some people would not want to date them. I respect people's choices, differences and rights to date who they want. If a straight person or gay person does not want to date a bisexual person that is their right and I respect that. To keep the fact from them is taking away the straight/gay person's right to date whom they want (someone with the same sexual orientation).

Old 12-08-2016, 09:03 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,033,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Prospective Partner, as in someone that is a potential partner, someone you're considering dating or becoming involved with. I never mentioned physical intimacy at all.
I think most of us....when we are planning on truly loving another person in a romantic way, assume physical intimacy is to be part of the relationship. And this discussion assumes so if we are talking about romantic feelings for the same gender.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
No one has a "right" to know in the first place.
I had a boyfriend who was molested as a child. I didn't have a "right to know" but he did disclose that during that time a dog was involved. So he had weird fantasies about a specific breed of dog. As time passed, they lessened. Why should I care?
It wasn't my business and he has no interest in messing around with dogs in real life anyhow. I was honored he felt safe to tell me, and because we had a solid loving foundation, it was fine.
Well until he got into meth.... high school is so much fun...

tricked? You were never tricked. You shouldn't get married then. You sound very divisive and unstable.

You cannot be tricked about something that was none of your business in the first place.

You are not "owed" to know anything that intensely private about any person my dear.
Some people feel tricked when something they feel is a big deal is held from them.

Okay. Then how about his.... you don't have to reveal that you are bisexual, but ask the person that you are interested in if they would want to date a person who is bisexual, if they say they would not be interested, you will have your answer without revealing yourself. Why waste your time with someone who does not want to be with you as a bisexual person? Why not get with someone who has no problem with it and that you don't have to hide it. It's a win/win for both.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,191,467 times
Quote:
I think most of us in life, when we are planning on truly loving another person in a romantic way, assume physical intimacy is part of the relationship. And this discussion assumes so if we are talking about romantic feelings for the same gender
Of course, but I wasn't talking about physical intimacy or focusing on it, like you claimed. Never mind referring to aerobic acts or treating people like rag dolls. I have no idea where you got that from the term "prospective partner".

Old 12-08-2016, 09:07 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,033,887 times
Quote:
No. Just saying people have the right to choose if they want to be involved with someone who is bisexual.
No one can choose to have "the right to know" that about another person.

It's not their choice at all

It's the other persons choice if they want to disclose such an intensely private thing about themselves.

So this doesn't make any sense to demand to expect to know such intimate details

Someone has very poor boundaries

And it's those types who get themselves into alot of trouble due to it

Creepy comes to mind

Old 12-08-2016, 09:07 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,373,659 times
Quote:
I'm fine with them, but I can understand why some people would not want to date them. I respect people's choices, differences and rights to date who they want. If a straight person or gay person does not want to date a bisexual person that is their right and I respect that.
My comment was sarcastic. I wouldn't want to date a with a documented history of being violent. If there was a thread asking whether people would date someone with such a history, I don't know if I'd even post, but if I did, I'd comment once or twice and be done with it. Your persistence in stating what you've stated a dozen times already seems like more than a simple preference to me.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
They cannot choose to have the right to know that about another person.

It's not their choice at all

It's the other persons choice to choose to disclose such an intensely private thing about themselves.
Okay, but it is their choice on whether or not they want to become involved with a person who is bisexual.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
My comment was sarcastic. I wouldn't want to date a with a documented history of being violent. If there was a thread asking whether people would date someone with such a history, I don't know if I'd even post, but if I did, I'd comment once or twice and be done with it.
That's you. Some people are different. I'm responding to posts that I disagree with and some of them are responding or commenting to me and I'm commenting back to them. I choose not to ignore them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships