Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 02:38 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Would you date her?

I don't know anything about her skill as a musician, but on a higher level it certainly does.
gifted in that area maybe, I will give there are some people that are quite brilliant in that area, but not quite bright over all. No real correlation as far as I can tell, there are some highly intelligent musicians, but not all great musicians are are even mildly intelligent.

just saying some are, some aren't, not a given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 02:41 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times
That's Kelly Pickler. She was on American Idol a few seasons ago and back then she wasn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I don't want someone far more intellectual than myself nor do I want someone completely ignorant. Success is not that important either but he shouldn't be lazy and without motivation. There needs to be healthy balance for me so I can have a conversation with someone.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:41 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
gifted in that area maybe, I will give there are some people that are quite brilliant in that area, but not quite bright over all. No real correlation as far as I can tell, there are some highly intelligent musicians, but not all great musicians are are even mildly intelligent.

just saying some are, some aren't, not a given.
Depends what you consider 'music'.

Have you ever tried to sight read?

Anyway, not the forum for this discussion.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
I think success and intelligence matters more for men than it does for women. It seems that in my experience, being a woman who is fairly successful and intelligent has hindered me in dating, it definitely hasn't helped.

My pretty, not very smart girlfriends rarely have trouble dating and a lot of the men they date are VERY intelligent...doctors, nurses, professors, business owners etc. I mean, highly acclaimed physicist Brian Cox is married to a blogger/tv presenter. I think this may have something to do with men not wanting to be with someone who is smarter or as smart as they are, kind of like most men don't want to be with a woman who makes significantly more money than they do. I did have a guy tell me he'd love to date me, but he couldn't handle dating a woman who was smarter than he was...I wonder how many other men have felt the same way but didn't tell me?

Old 10-26-2012, 02:54 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think success and intelligence matters more for men than it does for women. It seems that in my experience, being a woman who is fairly successful and intelligent has hindered me in dating, it definitely hasn't helped.

My pretty, not very smart girlfriends rarely have trouble dating and a lot of the men they date are VERY intelligent...doctors, nurses, professors, business owners etc. I mean, highly acclaimed physicist Brian Cox is married to a blogger/tv presenter. I think this may have something to do with men not wanting to be with someone who is smarter or as smart as they are, kind of like most men don't want to be with a woman who makes significantly more money than they do. I did have a guy tell me he'd love to date me, but he couldn't handle dating a woman who was smarter than he was...I wonder how many other men have felt the same way but didn't tell me?
If that's how they felt, then you probably weren't missing much with those guys.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:56 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,165,463 times
Quote:

yes this is usually how it goes.

then again, everyone thinks they are intelligent.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times
You know, I finished watching the clip and she's actually really sweet.

I kinda feel bad for mocking her, but...

...my point stands.

In a metaphysical sense, we are all here to reproduce with the best looking piece of meat we can find.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:08 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,910 times
Yes.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:08 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,066 times
Quote:

The bold section will always be the case. Most people are driven by physical appearance. A guy who makes a high income can support an attractive woman. He could already have a maid and/or someone to cook for him. When the maid isn't cooking, he can go out and eat at a nice restaurant. You ultimately have to get in where you fit in. There's always going to be a guy to take care of a very attractive woman. The attractive woman knows there's a man out there that will take care of her.

By the way, it sounds like the guy you dated has some serious insecurities. I've never had a problem dating a woman smarter than me, makes more money than me, and is better looking than I am. If history continues to repeat itself, it show that once a woman is emotionally attached to you and likes to be in your company, as long as you are making ends meet and contributing; she likely won't have anything to be upset about. I consider myself to be extremely lucky to be able to date someone who is smarter than me and makes more financially. If she's happy with it then I'm happy with it too!

Just like, there's an ugly woman who will find a man to have her and vice versa. I am one who believes that there is more than one person out there for everybody. Those persons just may not be living in your town or city currently. Now, if you are strictly dating locally, than you will run into hardships dating. It's just the nature of the beast and overall word of mouth. If you want someone bad enough, you will figure out a way to be together.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:26 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,075,943 times
I would bang her, not marry or date her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships