Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2012, 11:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Yes, I get it, but like I said a million pages back and another person mentioned on this page...Is the Catholic Church ok with you having had sex before marriage and you shacking up with a man before marriage?

I would think that is pretty bad..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But they have no way of knowing, but with a marriage it is known. Besides back then I was non practicing.
So it's only a sin if a priest knows about it.

Well, isn't that special?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 09:06 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

Please tell me that last part was said in church lady voice!!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

The issue is not whether they know....it is what you know, your conscious.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Please tell me that last part was said in church lady voice!!
Well I know it was when I read it!!!! wahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2012, 03:19 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Back in my day, when I went to Catholic girls school, the nuns would almost push us together with the boys from the local Catholic boys school.

I believe the idea was that two little Catholics together can get married and make a bunch of new Catholics.

With this in mind, and knowing these two are in their 40's, I am amazed this situation has been dragging on for so long (exactly how long is it that you've been making eyes at this guy OP? Six months? A year?). Any Catholic parents worth their salt would already have arranged you two to "bump into each other", have to go apple picking together, or performed some other duplicitous scheming to encourage the relationship.

This apparently is not occuring. I would say it is because the parents don't wish it to.

Why don't your relevant sets of parents encourage or facilitate this relationship?

It's not like you've got years in front of you if they want grandchildren.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:27 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Ask him to make you some tacos!

Old 11-02-2012, 03:33 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Back in my day, when I went to Catholic girls school, the nuns would almost push us together with the boys from the local Catholic boys school.

I believe the idea was that two little Catholics together can get married and make a bunch of new Catholics.

Why don't your relevant sets of parents encourage or facilitate this relationship?
Sadly, parents don't do this anymore in the 21st Century. Even Catholic parents, afaik. Especially with 40-somethings. By that age parents assume the kids can handle their own affairs.

OP, do your educations line up? Do you have a college education? Does he? That can make a difference, though not always.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-02-2012 at 03:54 PM..

Old 11-02-2012, 03:36 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

With this in mind, and knowing these two are in their 40's, I am amazed this situation has been dragging on for so long (exactly how long is it that you've been making eyes at this guy OP? Six months? A year?). Any Catholic parents worth their salt would already have arranged you two to "bump into each other", have to go apple picking together, or performed some other duplicitous scheming to encourage the relationship.

This apparently is not occuring. I would say it is because the parents don't wish it to.

It's not like you've got years in front of you if they want grandchildren.
Apple picking! Lmao!

Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
It hasn't been that long, only since the middle of summer. I have a college degree but he doesn't. I know my parents keep pushing us together but not sure how is mom thinks being 80 and she lives with him.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:18 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
I have to admit, this reminds me a little of a series I've been reading. It takes place in a small town (with what has to be the highest per capita when it comes to murders, but I digress...) and the main character and her love interest often include "the mothers" (who are business partners) in their plans.

Very curious as to what happened with the card game on Saturday as I currently have no prospects and am therefore living vicariously through others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships