Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Are you even supposed to use your knife to fill your fork? Is there even any need for that?
When you have rice or other small stuff. Like peas and corn.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 09:29 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
STRICT table manners aren't a dealbreaker for me, but basic manners definitely are. For example, every time I have more than one fork next to my plate, I need to ask my fiancee which one I'm supposed to use. However, I eat with my mouth closed, small bites when possible, and try not to talk with any food in my mouth. Her brothers are the exact opposite of me and her parents always say that their table manners alone will keep them single forever. As soon as the food hits the table they are all over it. After about 3 minutes and 24 seconds it looks like the entire kitchen table had been bombed and the debris is scattered everywhere.

The only rude thing I do at the table is taking wayyy too long to eat. Usually 30 minutes at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Everybody farts in bed.
Lol as sure as death and taxes.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:41 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Isn't scooping the peas or rice enough to get the job done? Is a 2nd implement necessary?

Old 11-07-2012, 10:03 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

I'm a very clean eater but the utensil arrangement is overkill. Unless we have a planned company dinner and even then it isn't overdone.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Isn't scooping the peas or rice enough to get the job done? Is a 2nd implement necessary?
I find it easier to use the knife. .

When you get to the last few bites anyway. I believe the American way is to use a spoon.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:51 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
no, I think it shows they're enjoying the meal, I dont mind at all if a person burps or talks with their mouth full, no big deal

slurping soup, noodles, so what?

I think trying to eat too quiet and worrying about little things like that are a waste of time

it's more enjoyable to just let it all hang out and have a good time, unless your at a formal dinner or wearing tuxedo or something

Old 11-07-2012, 03:13 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
no, I think it shows they're enjoying the meal, I dont mind at all if a person burps or talks with their mouth full, no big deal

slurping soup, noodles, so what?

I think trying to eat too quiet and worrying about little things like that are a waste of time

it's more enjoyable to just let it all hang out and have a good time, unless your at a formal dinner or wearing tuxedo or something
Funnily enough, in Japan, slurping one's noodle or soup is a sign of respect, that you appreciate how good the meal tastes.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaSalas View Post
Long story short, last week was asked out on a date by this guy from a different campus. I'm currently a sophomore in psychology major while he's studying business administration.

Anyways the date went good and we were at Red Lobster restaurant; no splitting bill and he did not demand either. The bad part is his table manners. He kept eating too fast as if he was starving, burped twice and some sauce kept coming out of his mouth. In addition, he was eating with his mouth open.

I received a message from him a couple days later asking if I had fun and if we can meet up again some other time.

Girls and guys would this turn you off? I really like this guy and at least we can hold up a smart conversation, like reading but his table manners seriously suck. Or should I just overlook this?
Consider that this was on his first date with you. He must not even realize he does this. It's almost autistic behavior.

Just text him that he has table manners that would offend a pig and you are done with him.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:13 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Yes.

Nobody over the age of 10 or not disabled should be having this problem.

His mother didn't teach him how to eat properly, what else did she lack in teaching him? Guess you'll find out....

Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yes.

Nobody over the age of 10 or not disabled should be having this problem.

His mother didn't teach him how to eat properly, what else did she lack in teaching him? Guess you'll find out....
also depends on the person's cultural background, not all cultures are offended by talking while eating, burping, etc

different ethnic groups have different dining etiquette
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships