Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 01:39 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,164,025 times

Advertisements

Online dating is indeed terrible for most guys. I'll just leave this here:

Results From An Online Dating Experiment « Chateau Heartiste

Online Dating is Futile « Chateau Heartiste
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,961,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post

Someone unsuccessful at dating is going to be unsuccessful anywhere, whether it be online, on the phone or meeting randomly.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,208,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post

I've seen that experiment time and time again, and it doesn't matter the faces of the people they use the results are the same every single time. It is what it is

Old 11-12-2012, 09:26 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,158,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
WHy? Because it gives the advantage to transsexuals trying to be sneaky. For example, last night i called someone I met online and it was too many red flags when we started talking. First of all the person didn't live in the location that was on their profile and sounded like a shemale on the phone. So of course I had to end the conversation

That stopped me from wasting my time and meeting a shemale in public or having IT come to my apartment.

So again, PHONE TALK IS IMPORTANT even if it's for 15 mins
What does a shemale sound like?

Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
online dating is a meat market in the same way bar hopping and clubbing are. telephone, telegraph and text are irrelevant IMO to why online dating sucks. I have male and female friends alike who have been on various dating websites over the years and its all about the picture or pictures.

it's worse for women though IMO. girl i work with eventually met her fiancee through match but before that spark happened she would get dozens of emails each day from guys 10 minutes away to 10 hours away. and she's not bad, at work she's an 8 most days, at the bar she'd probably be a 6. online i'm sure she's a 10 though. so her inbox got owned so to speak by guys left and right.

male friend of mine and speaking from a purely heterosexual male point of view here he is HOT haha. he gets probably more profile views than he does actual messages but still gets a good 5 or 6 emails a day from girls who initiate the convo b/c they see his picture(s) and message him. you'd be amazed how many of them turn the convo to sex just as quick as men do to women online.

so again i state for the record. online dating is just like any other dating. only now people can sit at home and do it without having to get dressed up, get downtown, find a parking spot and buy drinks left and right for people.
I have NEVER heard a truly heterosexual man refer to anthoer man as hot.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,078,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
What does a shemale sound like?

The voice doesn't have a natural feminine sound. It sounds forced

Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The voice doesn't have a natural feminine sound. It sounds forced
Some of them take hormones, so they sound just like women. You can't only go by the voice test. Now if they pee standing up, then you got problems.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:46 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,078,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Some of them take hormones, so they sound just like women. You can't only go by the voice test. Now if they pee standing up, then you got problems.

Hormones??

Old 11-12-2012, 03:25 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,613,847 times
Online dating sucks!

1. I've encountered the guy who just wants to be text buddies and exchange endless pics.
2. The guy who thinks we're a couple after two text messages, calling me pet names and we've never met.
3. The misspelling idiot. "Gud morning beautifull, I shore can't wait to c u!"
4. The unemployed man who won't tell you what he does for a living and asks to meet up in a park.
5. You cancel a date and get a vulgar response from a man with the maturity of a fetus. (You've only spoken on the phone once and weren't allowed to get any questions in.)

Yup, looks like I'm going to be single for a long time.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:42 PM

810 posts, read 1,764,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
If you talked to me on the phone, you'd end the call and post on here about how you called someone who had a profile online that turned out to be 12 and using her mother's pictures. I sound like a child on the phone. I'm 38 and still have people ask to speak to my parents when I answer!

Voice is not always an indicator the person's lying in their profile.
You too? I get the same thing and when friends co-workers guess my age for some odd reason they assume I am around 28 (I'm 38). Not that I am complaining I would much rather hear that I look and sound younger than older.
I don't understand why people don't use prepaid cell phones when dating - if I become single again that is what I am doing I don't want to sound paranoid but google your cell phone number and see all of the info that pops up. I do not want a stranger knowing my address, last name, where I work just because I gave him my telephone number.
I had a stalker from pof and when I told him that I was not interested he said that he read my address to me and said that he looked it up online. So I learned the hard way to get a prepaid phone if I am in that situation again.
People lie plain and simple it doesn't matter how you meet them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships