Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 AM

1,217 posts, read 2,602,568 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I think he likes you but I think you may like him more than he likes you. And I don't think that's good enough. The fact that he is not priortizing more time for you now, at the beginning of a relationship, is a sign. Even if you became more serious, there is a bigger risk of him leaving you if he finds someone else given his current behavior. Guys don't like to commit and want to keep their options open and I think is what he doing right now. Unless he is the CEO and really has no time, I'd move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 11:26 AM

65 posts, read 62,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
No just one job but his one of the top people at his work. Around me, he gives me all his attention. He treats me like a princess. He spoils me. He protects me. I feel so safe with him. He gives me everything I need that I don't need to ask for anything. He takes me out to nice, expensive places and he pays for all our dates. But we spend more time apart than we spend time together. I feel more unimportant than someone important to him.
He is successful at his work doesn't mean he can be successful in his marriage. you don't know how he became successful at his work. He takes you to nice places and pays for everything only means he has a credit card that can pay everything. Him making you comfortable may only mean he has had a lot of experience with women. Again, look at him through his external package. It is great that he is fun, attractive and educated. But is he dependable, trustworthy and honest? A man would spoil you one night and then screen you call or message the next day seems odd. Don't rush into any conclusion until you have all the facts. As said, if you already dumped him, nothing to regret about. If you haven't or come back to you, just go out with him and enjoy being spoiled because you deserve to be spoiled and he is willing to pay.

The fact that he is not spontaneous about answering your calls or messages may be because he is also with other women. Nothing wrong with that as long as he has the good intention. He has his right to pick and choose a good life partner before he gets settled. Dive into a relationship too fast is not very smart. If that is the case, give him some space and let him figure out that you are the best. You don't want to be chosen be coincidence, good timing.... You don't want him to think later on in his life that he settled for you. You want to be chosen because you have proven to him that you are the best to him and he will appreciate you much more and be faithful to you for the rest of your life. Otherwise, even if you married a rich and successful guy, you won't be happy. He won't treat you everyday like he treated you before he got you.

Before he makes any commitment to you, or at least show you his folks, don't expect to be treated like you are very important to him. He hasn't promised anything to you. He is simply just dating you and comparing you with other girls. So be patient.

Last edited by Jane990775; 11-09-2012 at 11:39 AM..

Old 11-09-2012, 11:38 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
No just one job but his one of the top people at his work. Around me, he gives me all his attention. He treats me like a princess. He spoils me. He protects me. I feel so safe with him. He gives me everything I need that I don't need to ask for anything. He takes me out to nice, expensive places and he pays for all our dates. But we spend more time apart than we spend time together. I feel more unimportant than someone important to him.
To me, this is the only part that matters.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 AM

313 posts, read 665,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathanc View Post
Honestly, I think he likes you but I think you may like him more than he likes you. And I don't think that's good enough. The fact that he is not priortizing more time for you now, at the beginning of a relationship, is a sign. Even if you became more serious, there is a bigger risk of him leaving you if he finds someone else given his current behavior. Guys don't like to commit and want to keep their options open and I think is what he doing right now. Unless he is the CEO and really has no time, I'd move on.
I think you're right. I was thinking the same thing that's why I dumped him again. I don't want to get to the point where I'm too involved and its too hard to leave or he would find someone he likes more and dump me. I enjoy spending time with him but I've move on from him before so I know I can do it again. I just need to be strong and think about myself. Thanks for your advice.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
To me, this is the only part that matters.
That's what I always remind myself to stop regretting dumping him. I will meet someone who will make me feel important even were apart. Thanks for pointing it out.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane990775 View Post
He is successful at his work doesn't mean he can be successful in his marriage. you don't know how he became successful at his work. He takes you to nice places and pays for everything only means he has a credit card that can pay everything. Him making you comfortable may only mean he has had a lot of experience with women. Again, look at him through his external package. It is great that he is fun, attractive and educated. But is he dependable, trustworthy and honest? A man would spoil you one night and then screen you call or message the next day seems odd. Don't rush into any conclusion until you have all the facts. As said, if you already dumped him, nothing to regret about. If you haven't or come back to you, just go out with him and enjoy being spoiled because you deserve to be spoiled and he is willing to pay.

The fact that he is not spontaneous about answering your calls or messages may be because he is also with other women. Nothing wrong with that as long as he has the good intention. He has his right to pick and choose a good life partner before he gets settled. Dive into a relationship too fast is not very smart. If that is the case, give him some space and let him figure out that you are the best. You don't want to be chosen be coincidence, good timing.... You don't want him to think later on in his life that he settled for you. You want to be chosen because you have proven to him that you are the best to him and he will appreciate you much more and be faithful to you for the rest of your life. Otherwise, even if you married a rich and successful guy, you won't be happy. He won't treat you everyday like he treated you before he got you.

Before he makes any commitment to you, or at least show you his folks, don't expect to be treated like you are very important to him. He hasn't promised anything to you. He is simply just dating you and comparing you with other girls. So be patient.
I will focus on moving on.I don't want to think hes coming back. I want to think hes not the righ one for me and doesn't deserve my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships