Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 12:10 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,651,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I can understand why a man would want to date a woman with no kids... but is it really necessary to call children names and to assume the man is a loser? What if he died in Iraq, killed by a roadside bomb and left behind a widow and child? Suddenly he's a loser and the child is "devil spawn?" And I don't think it's necessary to compare human men to beasts with no compassion and morals that want to go around killing children.
That is why i need the whole story b4 a can judge a woman . It is understandable if a guy died then a woman was on her own. Also she might have been in a long term relationship and going to get married but the guy flaked out and a girl got knock up but the guy left anyway.

If a woman had one kid with one dude and later had another kid by some other dude and both do not want anything to do with the kids. I have an issue with that if she keep on making picking bad guys after bad guy it say a lot about a girl. AKA picking up losers after loser after loser it a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 12:13 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,622,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I can understand why a man would want to date a woman with no kids... but is it really necessary to call children names and to assume the man is a loser? What if he died in Iraq, killed by a roadside bomb and left behind a widow and child? Suddenly he's a loser and the child is "devil spawn?" Or what if a man divorced his wife because she was abusive? Suddenly he's a loser and his child is devil spawn? And I don't think it's necessary to compare human men to beasts with no compassion and morals that want to go around killing children.
Its a valid observation, and valid comparison. Humans are animals, and often seek opportunities to act in most primal ways. In the bedroom for example.
I am not judging a woman who is a single mom, because like you say, it may be for many different reasons, but just like you wont date a short guy, my preference is not to date them.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:21 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,856,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I know and have known hundreds of single Mothers, divorced, widowed, whatever. None of them have had an issue getting another man, none of them.

Men on this forum constantly put single Mothers down yet in real life these women manage to get dates? Weird huh?
I think men would just like to imagine a general situation where it is common where a woman struggles to get dates and quality men so he might not have to work so hard.

But obviously not one single mother here has admitted to having any kind of problem attracting exactly what they want.

Yet, when you have a thread of a general situation where it is common where a man struggles to get dates, such as being short, many to most male posters who are in that situation will admit that is indeed the case.

Weird, huh?

Old 10-09-2013, 12:28 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,283,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom's Hot Shot View Post
I know they do...BUT that doesn't mean they are a perfect 10 anymore without baggage and or other previous relationship drama/problems brought forth with a new realtionship. Some/many men don't want to get involved.

I'll admit it is cute that single mothers will still have the ego to tell an 8 to get lost because he isn't a 10 or doesn't make enough money and whatnot.

Don't be upset when the tables are turned.
I never said I was a perfect 10. And I don't care that some men don't want to date me chances are I don't want to date them anyway. Just so happens that every guy I have ever liked has liked me back. I've not run into a situation where a guy rejected me because of my kid. Just so happens that the guy I'm currently talking to, a coworker of mine, is interested in me even though I have a kid. And he is tall, attractive, in shape(runs everyday), educated with a corporate finance degree, can speak French, mentors, etc. he is def a 10 to me. So contrary to your own feelings on the matter, my reality is much different. And honestly that is all that matters for me. At the end of the day, the opinions of a small group of men on forum hold no weight if my experiences are vastly different from their own. As a single mom I have had no struggles at all with attracting quality men. Nor have the single moms I know. Maybe it isn't your reality but its mine. Truth be told I found this thread amusing because it is just soooo off from my own experiences.

Sorry.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:29 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,354,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I think men would just like to imagine a general situation where it is common where a woman struggles to get dates and quality men so he might not have to work so hard.

But obviously not one single mother here has admitted to having any kind of problem attracting exactly what they want.

Yet, when you have a thread of a general situation where it is common where a man struggles to get dates, such as being short, many to most male posters who are in that situation will admit that is indeed the case.

Weird, huh?
There will always be guys struggling in the dating world that will settle for potentially having to take care of another man's kid. Guys who have the option to not go down that road, i.e. attractive men, usually exercise said option.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:32 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,354,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I never said I was a perfect 10. And I don't care that some men don't want to date me chances are I don't want to date them anyway. Just so happens that every guy I have ever liked has liked me back. I've not run into a situation where a guy rejected me because of my kid. Just so happens that the guy I'm currently talking to, a coworker of mine, is interested in me even though I have a kid. And he is tall, attractive, in shape(runs everyday), educated with a corporate finance degree, can speak French, mentors, etc. he is def a 10 to me. So contrary to your own feelings on the matter, my reality is much different. And honestly that is all that matters for me. At the end of the day, the opinions of a small group of men on forum hold no weight if my experiences are vastly different from their own. As a single mom I have had no struggles at all with attracting quality men. Nor have the single moms I know. Maybe it isn't your reality but its mine. Truth be told I found this thread amusing because it is just soooo off from my own experiences.

Sorry.
If I'm not looking for real long term commitment, I'll date a woman with a kid. Hell, I have. But for an LTR, it doesn't happen. Why any man with no kids would cuckold himself on purpose that had other options is mind boggling.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,234,111 times
Quote:

Weird, huh?
You also have short guys coming on those threads talking about how they have no problems dating. Honestly, the majority of people that I know don't have issues dating - whether they are single moms (I don't know a lot of them - but the ones that I do know are mostly remarried), short guys (most of the short guys that I know and/or dated are also married), single fathers (again - I don't know a lot of them - but the ones that I do know are also most remarried), etc.

Just because some people out there won't date single moms or short guys doesn't mean that no one will.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:

Weird, huh?
Exactly. It's amusing how the men are trying to tell us how horrible things are for us and yet NONE of us have had a difficult time at all. It's like they want to know that single moms are being vilified and cast out in the dating world and to hear that we aren't is mind boggling to then. And even as we ALL tell them how awesome our dating lives are, they still won't to tell us that we are damaged goods. Great way for me to laugh while I enjoy my lunch.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:35 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,821,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Its a valid observation, and valid comparison. Humans are animals, and often seek opportunities to act in most primal ways. In the bedroom for example.
I am not judging a woman who is a single mom, because like you say, it may be for many different reasons, but just like you wont date a short guy, my preference is not to date them.
I get all about preferences... no worries there. I was just calling you out a little on the name calling is all (of men and their children--you didn't make fun of single moms as far as I could tell). Just for the record though, shortness isn't one of the things I have a preference against (well, I suppose that's relative to ones height... but based on threads here, the man I am dating is short because he's 5'8"). But I do have other preferences in men, so yeah, I get that. Believe it or not, one of mine is I don't like to date men that aren't also divorced (or widowers) and I have a stronger preference for divorced men with children too. I just feel they can relate to me better. It just happens the man I am dating now is divorced but has no kids (but he's good with kids and likes them... he wanted ones of his own, but his ex didn't want any).

Old 10-09-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
If I'm not looking for real long term commitment, I'll date a woman with a kid. Hell, I have. But for an LTR, it doesn't happen. Why any man with no kids would cuckold himself on purpose that had other options is mind boggling.
Here's the thing. Maybe it's just mind boggling for you... All the guys I've dated have wanted ltr. It was me that didnt want the commitment .

So maybe to you it makes no sense.... And that's your right. Personally i don't care if you choose not to date a single mom for the long term.... But the great thing about being individuals is that we are entitled to our own standards and preferences and you don't have to understand why one man is willing to put up with things that you aren't. That's the beauty of it. We all can make the conscious choice to date who we want without imposing our standards and beliefs on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships