Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 PM

5,076 posts, read 14,674,534 times

Advertisements

The ONLY reason age came into play was due to him needing to "find himself" at nearly 30 years old. I am long past those days... hence why age was mentioned. But to your credit, yes, correct.. when you're in a relationship and you've done all you can and are still not happy, indeed it is time to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,910,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
The ONLY reason age came into play was due to him needing to "find himself" at nearly 30 years old. I am long past those days... hence why age was mentioned. But to your credit, yes, correct.. when you're in a relationship and you've done all you can and are still not happy, indeed it is time to move on.
a person can go through a crisis at any point in time. have you never heard of a mid-life crisis? do you think it's beyond the realm of possibility that someone can have an awakening or perhaps an epiphany at essentially ANY point/stage in their lives?

while I certainly think that MOST people settle into themselves by their mid-to-late 20s, I think it's naïve to assume that our personalities, our passions, our motivations, our beliefs all remain static throughout our adult lives.

some people also might simply not have had the opportunities or experiences available to others to really find out what they like and who they are. I suspect this might've been the case with your ex.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:46 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,587,078 times
For me, "finding himself" is a cop out for being lazy. It would be one thing if he kept moving on to something else (still taxing though), but instead he chose to do nothing after a couple of false starts. I think you did the right thing in ending the relationship since it had become one-way.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:02 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,532,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Thanks for creating this anti-interracial relationship propaganda thread. It really has been far too long since we've had on of those on C-D
You are SO WRONG about Ms. Andrea! She is one of the kindest,most generous and accepting people I've ever met on CD. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and start your criticism there? SO good to have you back Andrea! I wish it was under better circumstances.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM

30 posts, read 92,391 times
"The moral of the story is, when you're in a relationship and your voice is not being heard and you've done everything you can. Once you start having those feelings that things are over? They are. Don't let it drag out because during the time it's being dragged on and on - you could be meeting a great guy."

This really hit home for me, as I'm in a kinda, sorta similar situation (not so much the age, racial differences, more the issues with cohabitation part), and I've been having a lot of the "It's over" feelings lately. Thank you for sharing. I really needed to see this.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:18 AM

19,824 posts, read 20,440,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
You are SO WRONG about Ms. Andrea! She is one of the kindest,most generous and accepting people I've ever met on CD. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and start your criticism there? SO good to have you back Andrea! I wish it was under better circumstances.
Agreed.

--

Thanks for the update, and good luck!

Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,241,060 times
I don't see where race comes into this picture at all?

You chose a guy who was kinda dead-beat with no motivation and put up with it for awhile.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:16 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,712,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

You chose a guy who was kinda dead-beat with no motivation and put up with it for awhile.
This is what I was thinking. I don't see anything about race in the story nor how it relates. To me this is a tale about an older women becoming so c-ck sprung on a younger man, she moved this deadbeat into her house.

Next time, OP, just occasionally buy the younger guy a pizza. There is no need to actually support a guy for two years just to get laid. Don't let yourself get played by a younger man like this again.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

Umm, I did say he was not the person he originally presented himself to be. When I met him, even though he was being pushed out of the military, he did have many goals and was very work oriented. So, what can i say? Lesson learned.. I'll stick to my gut feelings next time and while I'm taking this undetermined amount of time off, when the next guy comes around.. I'll listen to my intuition...

Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post

Thank you, Dan. It's okay. I full expected some negative responses. The fact is, it's a forum, everyone is entitled to their opinions however, I'm not one to just lie down and take it without sticking up for myself. I don't regret sharing my story and you know what? At least one person said "thanks" as they were going through something similar. I think my work is done..

And - it's good to be back.. I've missed those I got to know through our writings...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships