Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 03:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,503,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Hello Gents - How important is a woman's hair when it comes to your attraction to her? Does it matter long, short, thick, thin, ect.? What do you prefer? Have you ever been turned off by a woman simply because her hair?
I have no significant preference except, and this may seem odd, I am not a fan of haircuts where the cut is short but not short enough, i.e. instead of mid-length (1/4 - 2/3 down her back) or really short (like a crew cut), she compromised and cut it just above the shoulders. If she wants it short, go all the way like Annie Lennox from Eurythmics -that is hot.

[at the end of the day, however, it is not it's length that I'm concerned about - it's how healthy it appears]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 04:18 PM

52,371 posts, read 52,836,239 times
I don't think most women can get away with really really short hair. A few do, but I like long hair on a woman.

So all things being equal, I suppose it matters somewhat........

Old 11-18-2012, 04:39 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,792,385 times
Happy to hear the input, fellas, but just so you know you have very little bearing on what I decide to do with my hair.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,166,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Happy to hear the input, fellas, but just so you know you have very little bearing on what I decide to do with my hair.
I seriously doubt anyone thought that.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:44 PM

701 posts, read 1,565,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
Personally, I love short hair on a girl. Not like a buzz cut guy haircut, but fairly short hair. Also have always had a thing for blondes. Shorter (as long as it looks nice), blonde hair... and you've got me. The only thing that would be a turn off would be like super curly, nappy, and just simply unkept hair.
Nappy? Really?

Try "kinky", or hell -- afro. Thanks.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,026,521 times
Quote:
Not sure where you thought we were telling you what you should be doing with your hair.

We like what we like, and i'm not going to control what a woman does with her hair, whether I'm dating her or not.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,666,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Dreams View Post
I'm sure you could find a way to state your preferences without being insulting/misogynistic.
You're obviously new here....no, there is no way for that poster to state his preferences without being insulting.

Welcome

As for the OP, I have thick shoulder blade length frizzy/wavy/curly red hair that is quickly going grey. I have had many men try to tell me what to do with it and it usually involves a lot of money and time on my end, so I politely decline. I happen to like my hair and I know it's not going to be attractive to the majority of men but I'm not straightening it, dying it blonde or brunette or weighing it down with products and spending a ton of money on 'brazilian blow outs' or whatever is popular to make men happy.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,724,298 times
I think if you find the girl attractive, the hair won't mean all that much.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,792,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yea basically. and now they think they can dictate how we wear our hair. Ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I seriously doubt anyone thought that.
You'd be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Not sure where you thought we were telling you what you should be doing with your hair.

We like what we like, and i'm not going to control what a woman does with her hair, whether I'm dating her or not.
It was just an FYI. Don't read too much into it.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,748,762 times
Quote:
You'd be wrong.

It was just an FYI. Don't read too much into it.
How is that, okay, so what thread are you reading? most of the guys in here are dictating the woman's hair it can't be short, it can't be "nappy" as they love to say, so on and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships