Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have an alternate phone number?
Yes 4 19.05%
No 10 47.62%
No, but that is a really good idea. 7 33.33%
I'll explain below. 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Exactly! Attempts to stalk me will turn up with locating my mom and her cat. Probably not exactly what they had in mind.

Another issue is that sometimes they seem all normal online, then when they text you, it's like "WTF?!?" Everything from horrendous, HORRENDOUS spelling (ie - eccepshunal, commeing), to asking lame questions (ie - Where do you see yourself in five years?), to telling you dumb things that really don't matter (ie - my friends and I were wrestling tonight while watching retro WWF). So, yeah, I'm pretty much never giving out my number again until I can basically guarantee that these sorts of issues won't repeat themselves.

Or how about the eloquently phrased "Haaaaaay was up?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
hahaha, yeah - like, are we going somewhere with this, poor spelling aside? It's most annoying when someone just texts "hi".

Old 11-26-2012, 01:58 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
Only six a's in that hay, Pikake? Have you not experienced the joy of the "Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaay....wazzap," message? That's when you know you're dealing with a serious pro.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:05 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Exactly! Attempts to stalk me will turn up with locating my mom and her cat. Probably not exactly what they had in mind.

Another issue is that sometimes they seem all normal online, then when they text you, it's like "WTF?!?" Everything from horrendous, HORRENDOUS spelling (ie - eccepshunal, commeing), to asking lame questions (ie - Where do you see yourself in five years?), to telling you dumb things that really don't matter (ie - my friends and I were wrestling tonight while watching retro WWF). So, yeah, I'm pretty much never giving out my number again until I can basically guarantee that these sorts of issues won't repeat themselves.
Count your blessings there weren't any penis pictures. Hasn't happened to me, but I have friends who've gotten them, and their reactions were basically, "I thought I maybe might like this guy, but now I'm pretty sure he's a douchebag."

Old 11-26-2012, 02:11 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
I got one guy who just sent pics every few hours of him putzing around. Mice in with requests for a pic of me for his caller ID. And he also texted "where r u". Call me! And otter excessive contact.

I had to block him out of sheer annoyance.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:13 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
Quote:

I find it fascinating how people change depending on the media they use. I think text is much more laid back which is why you get the "HAAAAAAAAAAYYYY" and "wazzzz ups" from people you wouldn't expect. It's much more conversational/back and forth.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:17 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
And otter excessive contact.
I'm sick and a on meds that make my head fuzzy, but I find this funny...and a little perverted.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:18 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,271 times
Haven't had to experience giving my number out to anyone socially in a long time but I do have a Google voice number I got as a backup number for people I don't really want to talk to (auto appt reminder from the dentist, etc) when I cancelled my land line. I also have an e-mail address that doesn't have my name attached to it: for example, my first name is NW, last is Girl74. I use that one when I want to be anonymous.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Count your blessings there weren't any penis pictures. Hasn't happened to me, but I have friends who've gotten them, and their reactions were basically, "I thought I maybe might like this guy, but now I'm pretty sure he's a douchebag."
hahahaha yeah, I've gotten a couple too. Not only disgusting, but both times they were less than impressive as well.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times
Gotta admit, I've sent some penis pics before, by request, and they were both happy with what they were eyeballin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships