Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmiller View Post
exactly, i will be mature about it thank you. and yes it is hard because now that trust is gone. i have no trust in her now, whether it be seeing other guys and whether it'll be that she'll just do this again to me. we were completely fine the day before she did it to me too which makes it hard. and youre right its not like we broke up from cheating. and yes she is acting very immature lately through all of this. do you definitely recommend that i let her contact me?
I am definitely NOT recommending any contact. I think it's too soon and it would be too easy to slip back into it. Plus she's in her "did I make a mistake?" phase, which makes her dangerous. I would bet money this girl doesn't know what the hell she really wants right now. There's nothing to say she may want you now but change her mind again as soon as she got it.

I was just adding the caveat that you actually know the girl and we don't so ultimately you have to go with your own judgement.

If you do see her though, don't play any games. Just be yourself but be clear that youre not up for any shenanigans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 02:30 PM

37 posts, read 66,797 times
Thank you for letting me know I have a good head on my shoulder, it helps! I think I do, and that's why I'm definitely not playing games. I haven't paid an ounce of attention to her other than the day after she dumped me which was expected. And yes I'm going to give it at least a couple more months until we could maybe think of rekindling something. I would like to speak to her and let her know I'm doing my own thing and that I now need my space too. She told our friends that she was hoping we could all hang together but there's just no chance. I will go forward with the no contact, it just hard because she was all lovey with me the day before then was trying to be immature showing she was out with other guys the night she did it. She hasn't been getting anymore attention from what I've heard and it's killing her that I'm out having fun and staying fit and busy. It's hard to look into a meeting with her and not holding back on some things to say but I feel like if I just act cool shell be hurt that she's not having a huge effect on me.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM

206 posts, read 269,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmiller View Post
I have been out seeing other girls and I have hooked up with one, but I wish I could "stop paying attention to the ex" but IDK if you can relate to me when you are with someone for 6 years it's hard to stop paying attention. Especially when all of my friends became her friends, and our families are very close. I wish I could trust me, but I'm not there yet. Just wanted to know what you guys thought about what she had said to our friends. Thanks for the help
I didn't say it was easy, I said you should do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships