Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you dated a stripper?
Yes 13 33.33%
No 23 58.97%
Something else 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
The girls who work at Saphires and CrazyHorse and other high end strip joints are not homeless or starving. These are very beautiful, lazy, and sexy women.
Well if they are working as strippers and earning $$$$$, then of course they are not homeless and starving THEN. But that is a very real alternative if they didn't.

"Lazy"? Stripping is a very difficult job actually. Just because it doesn't require a 4 year degree doesn't automatically mean that it's easy and carefree. (I am a stripclub waitress BTW.)

- Pole dancing is insanely hard. It requires an enormous amount of upper body strength.
- Strippers get treated like criminals by LE, even though stripping is perfectly legal.
- Strippers have to give lapdances to nasty, greasy, grabby men every night.
- Strippers have to travel home after the club closes (typically 12am-3am, it depends on the club/area) which is a very unsafe time for a woman to be out alone. They run the risk of being stalked by a crazy customer, followed home, being robbed or raped or murdered...
- Peak earnings period is 18-25. Strippers need to take great care in their appearance (gym, makeup, hair, weight etc.) Their income depends on it.
- Needing to hide their stripping job from others

And so what if a woman decides to make money from her beauty? Not everyone is interested in being an engineer or an accountant or whatever. "If you got it, flaunt it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 01:35 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Ahahhahahha I was about to ignore this question when I realised I have actually dated a stripper!

Years and years ago when I was about 17 or 18.

He was actually really nice but the whole damn thing was too icky for me so I stopped seeing him.

His name was Dom and of course he got the nickname "Dom the Donkey" and I remember he used to do an act where he came out in a raincoat with an umbrella.

God, I haven't thought about him for years...blast from the past.

He still lived at home with his mother and she brought us coffee in bed in the morning...again, too icky for me.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:12 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Well if they are working as strippers and earning $$$$$, then of course they are not homeless and starving THEN. But that is a very real alternative if they didn't.

"Lazy"? Stripping is a very difficult job actually. Just because it doesn't require a 4 year degree doesn't automatically mean that it's easy and carefree. (I am a stripclub waitress BTW.)

- Pole dancing is insanely hard. It requires an enormous amount of upper body strength.
- Strippers get treated like criminals by LE, even though stripping is perfectly legal.
- Strippers have to travel home after the club closes (typically 12am-3am, it depends on the club/area) which is a very unsafe time for a woman to be out alone. They run the risk of being stalked by a crazy customer, followed home, being robbed or raped or murdered...
- Peak earnings period is 18-25. Strippers need to take great care in their appearance (gym, makeup, hair, weight etc.) Their income depends on it.

And so what if a woman decides to make money from her beauty? Not everyone is interested in being an engineer or an accountant or whatever. "If you got it, flaunt it."
robbing banks is hard work too...but it's the lazy way out. providing sexual services for $$ is much easier than getting up, taking the bus to work, and stocking shelves...

selling crack is hard work, but much easier than working as a janitor in the mall.

see what I am getting at?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:34 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
robbing banks is hard work too...but it's the lazy way out. providing sexual services for $$ is much easier than getting up, taking the bus to work, and stocking shelves...

selling crack is hard work, but much easier than working as a janitor in the mall.

see what I am getting at?
Robbing a bank is morally wrong, because it is stealing from working people.

I honestly don't think there's anything morally wrong with the act of selling drugs. Blame the idiots who use drugs. Drug dealers wouldn't exist without a demand from drug users. Drug dealers don't force people to use drugs.

Why is it any of your business how someone chooses to earn their money? As long as they aren't hurting anyone, I don't see what the problem is. Would you prefer it if all the strippers and prostitutes in the world decided to live off welfare instead? Why should a beautiful woman settle for minimum wage and struggle financially, just because YOU say so? What is wrong with using her looks to earn money to support herself? Being a stripper is the same as being a Playboy model and I don't see anyone calling Playboy models to start cleaning toilets instead.

There is nothing wrong with providing sexual services for money. As long as all adults are consenting, why not? I don't worry about other people's sex lives and I think people who do are nosy and small-minded. I have better things to think about.

If you think stripping is so wrong and immoral, then you should stop having sex with strippers and stop being a such a hypocrite. Don't go into stripjoints, don't look at them, don't talk to them...

Last edited by StabbyAbby; 12-14-2012 at 11:51 PM..

Old 12-15-2012, 09:45 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times
As a retired stripper myself (I agree with Stabby Abby's post, where it mentioned ages 18-25 being peak earning years - after that, I was better off getting a 'real' job - YMMV), the hardest part for me was feeling compelled to lie about my job. Not because I had any shame in it myself, but because people can be incredibly narrowminded and judgemental. When I went to look for so-called 'real' jobs, I had to pretend as if that the previous several years of my life hadn't happened, which ain't easy.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:55 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,782,378 times
I never dated one but a guy I used to work with in the military, did. He was very jealous of others getting near her. We would get off work at 4 pm and he'd travel 40 miles north to see her at the club she worked at to ensure no men messed with her. He'd stay there all night and by the time the strip club closed (at 3 a.m. I think) and he got back home, he only managed to get 1, maybe 2 hours of sleep in before having to report in for duty. Eventually he stopped coming to work on time (due to sleep deprivation brought on by himself for staying up there so long), and started receiving reprimands. Eventually he was kicked out of the military. Before he packed up his stuff and moved to his daddy's in Florida, so the word goes, she took advantage of him for everything he had, before breaking up with him. On top of his house getting robbed, but IDK if she was behind that or not.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:10 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
When I was 18 my friends and I went to go see a sausage thong fest. One of the guys gave me his number. I ended up giving it to my friend that was drooling over him the whole time. I'm not sure if she ever called him or not.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:10 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
A friend of mine owned a bar. He put on "Wet Tshirt Contests" once ina while, which were a whole bunch of FUN......

Old 12-16-2012, 02:29 PM

283 posts, read 508,375 times
Ya never really "date" a stripper. You just go out and have sex and do cocaine with 'em a few times until their Daddy Issues or "Past Bad Boy Boyfreind who treated-me-like a-Mike Vick dog-but made-me orsgasm-so-hard-I-can't-leave-him" issues come roaring back with a vengeance and they hole-up with their "special girlfriend" for a couple weeks and swear-off men for the umpteenth time.
At least, that's been my personal experience. I've probably gone out with 4-5 of them, all back when I was in my 20's and tended bar and bounced.
Leave 'em alone: they're not worth the trouble.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:58 PM

936 posts, read 2,061,567 times
Quote:

Quote:
Robbing a bank is morally wrong, because it is stealing from working people.
Actually, most working people have less than $100K in the bank, and the FDIC as well as certain insurance companies will cover depositors up to that limit. So even if bank robbers clean out the vault, the working people are pretty much safe.

Quote:
Why is it any of your business how someone chooses to earn their money? As long as they aren't hurting anyone, I don't see what the problem is. Would you prefer it if all the strippers and prostitutes in the world decided to live off welfare instead? Why should a beautiful woman settle for minimum wage and struggle financially, just because YOU say so? What is wrong with using her looks to earn money to support herself? Being a stripper is the same as being a Playboy model and I don't see anyone calling Playboy models to start cleaning toilets instead.

There is nothing wrong with providing sexual services for money. As long as all adults are consenting, why not? I don't worry about other people's sex lives and I think people who do are nosy and small-minded. I have better things to think about.

If you think stripping is so wrong and immoral, then you should stop having sex with strippers and stop being a such a hypocrite. Don't go into stripjoints, don't look at them, don't talk to them...
I agree that stripping isn't immoral, but it's still an unwise choice of job, for exactly the reasons you named. Earnings start high but decline rapidly, even if you're a feature who tours. Most straight jobs have increasing incomes with much less risk, and don't get treated as badly by legal/law enforcement people when they need help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships