Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you dated a stripper?
Yes 13 33.33%
No 23 58.97%
Something else 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 03:22 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times

Advertisements

I met a girl who was a stripper through a mutual friend a few years back. She was about 5'4, Filipina, extremely cute; darker-skinned and had fairly Eurasian/hapa features. She was very trim and athletic but, of course, had gotten a boob job (she was a C, which looked absurdly-large on her frame).

Most of my male friends were like, "@$@#$$%$^ DUDE!!! JACKPOT!!!" But the irony is that she was actually a serious introvert and total homebody. She didn't ever really want to go do stuff. I'm somewhat a homebody myself and also fairly introverted, but she took it to a whole new level. "Going out," to her, was going to the store. She made some pretty serious money and had a few home exercise machines so she didn't have to go to the gym. She generally wore hoodies and big sweaters to hide her boobs, preferred not to wear makeup when we "went out" (to the store, Petco, etc), and although guys would still check her out, I don't think anyone would have guessed she was a dancer. It was actually a fairly boring relationship all told... we just didn't really do much. Ever. She danced three nights a week at two clubs and made probably twice what I did in a month at the time, and the other four nights? She seriously just wanted to stay in, work out together, watch TV, and read books. The sex was actually fairly vanilla. I'd try to have a conversation with her, and she'd give me monosyllabic answers and then just stare at me. It was sort of weird, acutally.

I dated another girl, whom I'm still extremely close friends with; Chinese-American gal who's got a ton of tattoos, a bunch of, uh, "alternative" piercings, and at the time was rocking short, androgynous hair. We met online, actually. I actually have more in common with her in terms of personality, world outlook, etc. than probably any girl I've ever been with, which is ultimately probably why it didn't work out. We did a lot of really cool stuff together, we're both artists and we did a few really amazing pieces together, and yeah, the sex was really awesome. Her relapsing into a hard drug addiction killed the relationship; she's clean now, and I'm happy for her, for that...

Anyways...

Round Three: I dated a Vietnamese-American gal who was/is a model (she's been in a few music videos), import model (posed in magazines and at car shows with tuned-up Hondas, Nissans, etc), stripper, and webcam girl. She was sort of a halfway point between the two others I dated... had a ton of fun with her but when we started dating, she was 20 and I was 27. The differences in maturity and direction ultimately were too much to override what we had in common; I ended up having to (no joke) come over to her place and cuddle and sing to her because she took some bad ecstacy... had a knockdown/drag-out with her ex girlfriend who broke my ex's restraining order and showed up drunk at her doorstep and tried to break her door down... calling me from a "private party"/rave she'd been paid to dance at to come pick her up because there were some "creepy guys" that she thought were waiting for her outside. They were. It got nasty. It was way, way, way too dramatic.

In conclusion: would I do it again?

Yes. Probably. It'd probably end in failure again as well. But hey... why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 03:35 AM

469 posts, read 913,586 times
No, but but a good friend of mine is no longer with us because of one. Started just fine, she became part of our circle of friends. Then came the drugs, petty theft and she became involved with a biker gang. She was soon "Owned" by this gang who turned her out. He tried to save her but just got in deeper himself. He wound up dead in Arizona desert and she disappeared, totally vaporized. This was in 1983, but Im sure it could still happen today.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave82 View Post
No, but but a good friend of mine is no longer with us because of one. Started just fine, she became part of our circle of friends. Then came the drugs, petty theft and she became involved with a biker gang. She was soon "Owned" by this gang who turned her out. He tried to save her but just got in deeper himself. He wound up dead in Arizona desert and she disappeared, totally vaporized. This was in 1983, but Im sure it could still happen today.
It would make a good movie.....and sorry to hear about that happening to someone close to you.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave82 View Post
In the case of the second girl I talked about... well, I never thought I'd use a needle to get me ****ed up, but, when you've got a girl whom you adore more than anything else in your life, who's telling you how great it is and you're willing to do anything to understand where she's coming from to hold on to her... yeah. You'll do it.

Thankfully, things like biker gangs, cartels, etc. have much less of a hand in just "stripping" than they used to, but it's the sort of thing where ultimately, you can sink as far as you're willing to let yourself sink.

There's the penthouse that overlooks Wilshire or the Strip or Central Park, and there's the trailer that's three drives up from the back fence where Dave's .45 will keep the Vatos away. The naive and suckers have a hard time telling the difference.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
I love this topic because its completely stupid. You don't have to be a just a stripper to be a drunk, cracked out *****..There are plenty of women in normal and high powered positons who can be just as F-ed up as a stripper. It's just the typical stereotype added to the profession.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:51 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I love this topic because its completely stupid. You don't have to be a just a stripper to be a drunk, cracked out *****..There are plenty of women in normal and high powered positons who can be just as F-ed up as a stripper. It's just the typical stereotype added to the profession.
yes but more strippers tend to be afflicted by drug abuse, life in the fast lane, and other mental hang ups than say....accountants.

many high powered people are crazy but they are so in a different way...they have a keen focus that borders on obsession on achieving what they want and are politely narcissistic.

once a woman equates grinding on someone in a thong to getting dollars shoved in her face her reality is forever changed.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
I couldn't do it. I need a woman who will only do that for me and nobody else. I also need a woman who has a career and doesn't do drugs. For the most part, strippers are uneducated and get involved in drinking/drugs. I don't need that drama.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Yes, bit we knew each other long before she became a stripper. I didn't met her at work.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 PM

3,515 posts, read 7,784,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
The girls who work at Saphires and CrazyHorse and other high end strip joints are not homeless or starving. These are very beautiful, lazy, and sexy women.
I think your over generalizing here. Women that were on the street and are now strippers are not working at top rated clubs, more likely they are working at the local club in town. I can understand why they do it, better to show off your body 6 hours a day, 2 or 3 times a week for $1,000 bucks, then to work at a minimum wage job for $330 a week before taxes. If you have it use it I say.

What I do find sad is women that are strippers that have no "escape plan". Strip Dancing is a young women's game, the older they get, the less they make and fewer hours they get to work. There are no middle age strippers they usually get replaced with younger women before they turn 30.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:04 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,164,704 times
its not dating a stripper that is a big deal, its meeting one at a club and then expecting to date her (though i'm sure there are plenty of clueless men who THOUGHT they were dating them when the strippers saw the dudes as clients). she is there to make money, not meet men. men around her age have less money and especially spend less at strip clubs. she's not going to waste her time talking to them while at work unless he's spending...then she'd make no money. and if he's spending, he's a client. why in the world would you want to date someone who gets strippers numbers anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships