Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:03 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Tell her that you've got something in your pocket for her...

And then get down on one knee and pull out a ring pop.
Ahahaha that's funny sh*t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 12:09 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,137,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
doesnt that come off as creepy?
It wasn't so much creepy as really random and strange. He played it shortly after pulling it out of his pocket, which just added to the strangeness of it all.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:06 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,671,876 times
Don't approach a woman in a store. That's lame. There is no cool way to do that. Leave that alone.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:47 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,624,490 times
All your look'n to do is get noticed. Follow from a distance and see what she has in cart or walk up nicely and ask "where did you find ----?" Then go from there. if she is chatty ur in, if she is short then she is busy and leave it at that.

Or be funny/cheezy on purpose. Run into her cart on purpose, after meeting her a few times in isles. Run it to it and say, "whoops" with a big smile and say I ment to do that. Get her to laugh and comment on how nice she looks.

Just do something! All you have to lose is your pride. hahaha

Old 12-24-2012, 09:46 AM

11,826 posts, read 12,074,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
So I am walking around with my basket, and I see this girl and she is decked out and looking hot, nice dress, nice legs, boots everything. The first time I saw her she was on the her cell phone, but then the second time I had seen her, she had double backed around and wasn't on the cell phone. I know the second time she saw me looking at her, but she didn't smile or anything and kept walking down the main aisle while I was down one of the side ones. What could I have done to initiate conversation with her? I was thinking of walking down the main aisle and just saying hi, but it seemed kinda cheesy to me and if I would have done that, do I keep walking or stop?
"Hi" isn't enough to start a conversation. It's a greeting, something people say to each other when they pass each other in a grocery aisle, or on the sidewalk. In a place where you're not expecting to meet someone, you need to comment on something like in other examples people have given...something they're purchasing, a recommendation for an item, general conversation about the weather or the price of groceries, etc.

Paying attention to context helps too. Not to discourage you from approaching, but on December 23, people are last minute shopping, so their minds are elsewhere.

The key thing is whatever your approach is, you have to go into it with no expectations. That's where I think some get tripped up, thinking they're owed a response, someone's time and attention, because they initiated a contact/conversation and it took them some courage to do so.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:56 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,680,740 times
I was at safeway once and this girl comes up to me and is like "where did you get the cocoa?"

So, if some girls think that that's acceptable, then it would be acceptable for you to do so...

Old 12-24-2012, 09:58 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,853,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I was at safeway once and this girl comes up to me and is like "where did you get the cocoa?"

So, if some girls think that that's acceptable, then it would be acceptable for you to do so...
Yup, she wanted the D.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:00 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,047,003 times
You should wait till she goes into the cleaning aisle, and then go up to her, place your hand on her shoulder and tell her you find her very sexy and would like to see her on all fours over at your place once a week while your wife is out.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:00 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,853,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
You should wait till she goes into the cleaning aisle, and then go up to her, place your hand on her shoulder and tell her you find her very sexy and would like to see her on all fours over at your place once a week while your wife is out.
Hahahaha smooth!

Old 12-24-2012, 10:11 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,991,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post

Just do something! All you have to lose is your pride. hahaha
And most importantly, smile while doing it. Regardless of the outcome, you're way less likely to come off as a creepo/weirdo if you smile.

Last edited by Raging-Hetero; 12-24-2012 at 10:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships