Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 04:34 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Well shucks, I don't own one single cat, though a friend was just trying to pawn one off on me. No can do, hate the smell of cat litter and scooping that poop. Will scoop puppy, and dog poop in the great outdoors.

Was invited on a hunting trip, hell to the no, chocolate colored chickadee out in the woods with a bunch of boys with guns. I ain't stupid.

All family I would normally be spending the holidays with have head stones, so that's a no go

Permanently ended things with guy friend and other friends are all out of town.

TRosa, will be logging in on 12/25/2012 since it's just another day to get in more trouble. But I will be thinking good thoughts and remembering all the other folks that won't ever be able to hold their loved ones close due to distance, service duty, or tragic or non tragic passings.

For whatever reasons some may be alone on that day, I hope if they find themselves here, they attain some joy and comfort one way or another and not feel judged due to circumstances that sometimes were out of their control. Either way may you all enjoy your day.

(((hugs))) TRosa.

I do spend time with my family but it just tends to be not at Christmas.

I feel like an alcoholic, you have to secretly hide that you are spending the day alone. I have lied before and invented places to go just to stop people trying to give you last minute charity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 04:51 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
(((hugs))) TRosa.

I do spend time with my family but it just tends to be not at Christmas.

I feel like an alcoholic, you have to secretly hide that you are spending the day alone. I have lied before and invented places to go just to stop people trying to give you last minute charity.
Thanks for that hug, means a lot. Hugs back at ya.

I've done the invent story so I could stay home too. LOL. I used to spend the holidays with a group of friends in Tampa till that got ugly due to one member of our close little group incessant fits of jealousy. Just became too stressful. Still do spend it sometimes with one of my longtime best friends, but circumstances not in our favor this year. But usually Christmas, I just hide anyway, prefer to just wait it out till all the hoopla dies down. I don't even, usually, answer day phone that day. I just want it to disappear.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:52 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Being that I'm laid off at the moment I'm here way to much.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:28 PM

Aw I still have got out the champagne and seafood, I've got cherries and croissants and baileys and strawberries and cream and some nice ham.

I ate the chocolates yesterday lol.

And I have my own rituals now, like champagne in the morning, a nice long bath, certain movies I like to watch in the afternoon...all that good stuff.

I still buy gifts etc but will be giving/receiving them probably tonight...not that I'll get many but what I get I value.

It's more in the giving anyway. When people don't have much, that is.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:33 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Not to knock CD (I love it here! ), but I don't think I could date a certain number of posters here based strictly on how much time they spend here. I do have a few favorite "regulars" though, so maybe I'm just full of ****. Or maybe it's more about what people actually post than the actual amount of time spent here. I dunno. Discuss (and I'll be writing people off as lonely cat hoarders if anyone replies to this on Christmas Day).
I post a lot of replies some days but it does not take me very long to post. Other days I spend a lot of time reading posts and looking for what I consider the "stupid post of the day". The days I spend a lot of time depends on how I feel that day health wise. My chronic illness is day to day and hard to say how I'm going to feel from one day to the next.

Personally I doubt that I would date too many if any who post on CD, outside of the fact I am already married just from the words I read I am not that patient or tolerant of some of the things actually put into words and posted.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I post a lot of replies some days but it does not take me very long to post. Other days I spend a lot of time reading posts and looking for what I consider the "stupid post of the day". The days I spend a lot of time depends on how I feel that day health wise. My chronic illness is day to day and hard to say how I'm going to feel from one day to the next.

Personally I doubt that I would date too many if any who post on CD, outside of the fact I am already married just from the words I read I am not that patient or tolerant of some of the things actually put into words and posted.
Lol it's like being Alice in Wonderland and going down the rabbit hole of stupid posts.

I post on what interests me then I go looking for some posters who I know are insane, after I've exhausted those then I check out what my buddies are saying.

That usually means, I read it all, but I'm a speed reader so no biggie.

Some threads are just too inane for words, literally.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:54 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Lol it's like being Alice in Wonderland and going down the rabbit hole of stupid posts.

I post on what interests me then I go looking for some posters who I know are insane, after I've exhausted those then I check out what my buddies are saying.

That usually means, I read it all, but I'm a speed reader so no biggie.

Some threads are just too inane for words, literally.
Just the idea that some think about dating people on here deserves a study into the minds of some. Not counting those that had actually have one on one communications mind you.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:00 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Hey Philosopher...Kinda hypocritcal dont cha think? How the heck would ya know how much someone is on here if u were not on here a lot urself, eh? Im on here when I dont have anything to do. When I do, then im not. HA!

Old 12-24-2012, 09:28 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
I come here when I feel lonelayyy

Old 12-24-2012, 10:14 PM

662 posts, read 1,260,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

I also have a chronic illness and log on for a laugh when I'm feeling nauseous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships