Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
When did I brag about how hot I was? Or are you referring to someone else? If anything, I think I am just average and I am definitely not all that ,but I do get looks once in a while.

I am Catholic, the diocese here doesn't really have a singles thing so that's out and they just go to church and then go home. It's not really a place to meet people here. There are dance classes but there is mainly salsa. Being hispanic, I don't understand why people in this area have such a hard on for salsa, there are more mexicans and nicaraguans here so learning the cumbia and merengue and bachata would be way more appropriate. As you can tell, I am not a fan of salsa haha. When they do finally go out to practice in public, they do go to a bar, I know because I have seen them there. And how do I have low social self esteem? I don't have a problem with women, it seems that they have a problem for all the bad choices that they have made.

No, it's her, she's friends with my roommate, he vouched for her.
And good god, stop writing in colored fonts for no reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 PM

681 posts, read 618,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomchee View Post
First of all keep your head up. My cuz and I just had this convo recently. For years ( decades unfortunately 37 y/o) i've been on the hunt so to speak. What i'm really to to notice is that the opposite sex generally pays more attention to you when you're not overly concerned with them and doing you. As far as the picky thing well...I haven't met one woman who wasn't.While I might not always agree with their methods I gotta respect it. Everyone has a list but, as they get older that list gets shorter and shorter.If it doesn't they're just alone. How old are you btw?
Thanks, I have heard that too, but like i was just saying to my roomie, there is nothing to do here, he agreed and told me to go back on a dating website. This girl is 30 and no kids, but I just recently heard about two people that were around 34 and they got engaged in two months and then married in the same year. They just knew what they wanted. As for my age, I don't like to say it since I don't look it all all, so over 25 but less than 37

Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
MOH (that's you, OP ), correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall, you only just began to look around and check out bars 3-4 weeks ago. You haven't been actively looking for very long. You said you're new in your town, or newly returned to your hometown? You can't expect instant results, and one or two months of circulating is not very long. Also, I distinctly recall that you have quite a tendency to get emotional and to stress out, yourself. So, take a deep breath or 5, and relax. Finding someone you click with is going to take time. Try to be relaxed about it. Just keep moving, if the women you choose to talk to say they're recovering from a break-up, divorce, or whatever. There are tons of women out there. Keep looking. Stay calm and cool.

I've also noticed the married-but-looking phenom. I think it's because when they're single, they're more reserved and shy, but when they're married, they're more uninhibited about looking, or chatting. They have that steady anchor, so they can be more spontaneous, because they know that checking others out doesn't mean anything. They can be friendly, because there's nothing at stake, there's no fear of rejection, so they can afford to be friendly. It's low-risk or no-risk. They're not serious about it, so they're more relaxed about a friendly hello, or a smile, or whatever. (Speaking of both men and women.)

Wow, the psychology of this stuff is complicated, isn't it? Hang in there--keep on keepin' on.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:50 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:
Thanks, I have heard that too, but like i was just saying to my roomie, there is nothing to do here, he agreed and told me to go back on a dating website. This girl is 30 and no kids, but I just recently heard about two people that were around 34 and they got engaged in two months and then married in the same year. They just knew what they wanted. As for my age, I don't like to say it since I don't look it all all, so over 25 but less than 37
Where do you live?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:50 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Screw em all...you're taking them to serious. You go about this like you're trying to affect some sort of mandated outcome, that's why you're getting dissapointed. Keep in mind these women don't know what they want half the time. If they're babbling about emotional garbage, act like you never heard a word of it and change the subject.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
And good god, stop writing in colored fonts for no reason.
Red in the computer world is like Mr.Potatoe's "Angry Eyes"

Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 PM

681 posts, read 618,559 times
Quote:
Agreed except for the bars/clubs thing. Lots of quality girls there, believe it or not.

Facebook is okay. It could take forever to meet a girl from there though and it can get boring fast.

OP, if I was your friend, I would slap you right now. You need to relax and stop whining. Start meeting girls in real life. Start making approaches. Stop caring about rejection. All that normal advice I give in every other post.
haha, you make me laugh, but that's just it captain, there is no place to make approaches! it's either the bars or walmart around here. This area has 250000 people and that's the amount in the whole country. There's slim pickings around here. Also, as my roommate stated about events here and he's right...i can't stand journalist nor the stupid newspaper here. Are there events? Sure they are! Are they advertised? Sometimes. Will I read about them? You bet! The next day! ugh

Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Where do you live?
He lives in a house, you?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
OP, you sound way too bitter to even begin thinking about dating. Imagine if a woman came here with all of these complaints about men? She would probably get attacked by some of the male posters here. You need to work on your mentality, workout, go to Church(might meet some good people there?), or just find some happiness and positivity in your life.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
haha, you make me laugh, but that's just it captain, there is no place to make approaches! it's either the bars or walmart around here. This area has 250000 people and that's the amount in the whole country. There's slim pickings around here. Also, as my roommate stated about events here and he's right...i can't stand journalist nor the stupid newspaper here. Are there events? Sure they are! Are they advertised? Sometimes. Will I read about them? You bet! The next day! ugh
Do you mean county instead of country?

If so, I moved from a place with less than 250,000 people in the entire county to get away from the 'small town' mindset. Have you ever thought about leaving? So far, it's the best decision (dating or otherwise) I've ever made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships