Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:04 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,076,751 times

Advertisements

23 years old
Male
0 Sex partners, 6 "sex" partners.

Currently I have a girlfriend, but we are waiting for marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 03:44 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
36 / m / 1 -- my wife. I was off to a great start, lost my virginity at 14, but for some godawful reason, I just couldn't shake my first love. We are too well matched. She's my heart. If she died tomorrow, I don't know what I'd do .... either lots and lots of random women or not a one -- just dedicate my life to keeping her memory alive. I'd probably do the latter. No hate for the players though. It's your life. If you want to rack up numbers, good on you. If you like it, I like it for you.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:46 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
I've always felt that I have a difficult time recognizing when guys are actually interested in me VS. interested in just gettin some. When sleeping together isn't an option, it allows me to weed-out a lot of the douche bags.

I've been in 2 long-term relationships (5 yrs. and 2 yrs) and am currently dating around. It is tough to 'resist the urge', but to be honest, I don't trust myself just sleeping around.

hahaha that's the problem! :P and I don't see your number here! Is a secret player among us?
All guys are interested in "getting some" (if they're not there's something wrong)...but you have to make sure they also want more than that! Nothing wrong with what you're doing if that works for you, but don't put yourself in a position of having bad/incompatible sex when you do settle down, either. I respect the "wait till marriage" position, but I also believe in test driving a car before you buy him/her.

That said, there are other ways to "have fun" that can basically cover everything but old fashioned intercourse, (I hope you know what they are) where you can often judge your compatibility and his, um...skills and willingness to learn (and please YOU).

Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 AM

1,406 posts, read 2,723,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
All guys are interested in "getting some" (if they're not there's something wrong)...but you have to make sure they also want more than that! Nothing wrong with what you're doing if that works for you, but don't put yourself in a position of having bad/incompatible sex when you do settle down, either. I respect the "wait till marriage" position, but I also believe in test driving a car before you buy him/her.

That said, there are other ways to "have fun" that can basically cover everything but old fashioned intercourse, (I hope you know what they are) where you can often judge your compatibility and his, um...skills and willingness to learn (and please YOU).

I don't know if I'm willing to wait until marriage... that's an awful long time I don't have a set 'time' that I will wait to- just until I actually know how I feel about someone and they can relate the same feelings. Longest I've waited to date is 5 years into a relationship and we broke up for serious reasons (so I'm glad I held off for that long).

And ohhh yes I'm aware of other ways to 'have fun'. LOL

Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
I don't know if I'm willing to wait until marriage... that's an awful long time I don't have a set 'time' that I will wait to- just until I actually know how I feel about someone and they can relate the same feelings. Longest I've waited to date is 5 years into a relationship and we broke up for serious reasons (so I'm glad I held off for that long).

And ohhh yes I'm aware of other ways to 'have fun'. LOL
Sounds like you're on the right track then.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:14 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma02 View Post
I'm curious on how old everyone is here and how many people they have slept with.

Obviously, this number will increase with age, but I'm wondering what the average is for someone in each decade.

I'll start...

29/male - 25 partners
(1) For online privacy reasons, I won't give my exact age, but will just say somewhere between 31-34 years of age.
(2) Have slept with 0 persons (by choice; I am voluntarily premaritally-celibate).

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-05-2013 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: Edited for clarity

Old 01-04-2013, 11:32 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,503 times
M/27/18

Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,644 times
38, female, and too personal.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
(1) For online privacy reasons, I won't give my exact age, but will just say somewhere between 31-34.
(2) Have slept with 0 persons (by choice; I am voluntarily premaritally-celibate).

Premarital celibacy? Sure, Knight. You may as well go out and have sex if you're going to be racking up numbers in the 30s, 40s etc. WTH is the difference at that point?

Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
34-m-whatever number sits well with my current gf

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships