Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 11:06 PM

491 posts, read 569,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBellic View Post
I've been trying to change my negative views for a while but it's hard. I've always felt like I'm doomed not to find anybody. As far as somebody not wanting to talk to me. It's not that - I never run into people who don't want to talk to me - it's when I attempt to talk to a girl and don't get any signs of interest at the beginning (she doesn't seem all that interested in talking to me), I tend to give up right away.
Seems logical. Why continue to talk to someone who doesn't seem interested in you? If they are interested but to scared to let you then they personal problems of their own to worry about. Its not your fault they are shy or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 11:11 PM

77 posts, read 187,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Seems logical. Why continue to talk to someone who doesn't seem interested in you? If they are interested but to scared to let you then they personal problems of their own to worry about. Its not your fault they are shy or whatever.

Half the time though I'm not sure if it's them or it's my mind playing tricks on me. It's possible they are not showing any negative signs and I'm just interpreting their body language that way because of my mentality

Old 12-30-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Half the time though I'm not sure if it's them or it's my mind playing tricks on me. It's possible they are not showing any negative signs and I'm just interpreting their body language that way because of my mentality
Are they receptive to you? Do they seem happy when you approach or at least a little curious? If not then its not your mind playing tricks, they honestly aren't interested or too busy to care.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:32 PM

77 posts, read 187,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Are they receptive to you? Do they seem happy when you approach or at least a little curious? If not then its not your mind playing tricks, they honestly aren't interested or too busy to care.

I don't know, it's hard to say because the mind is so powerful and can make you see what you want to see

Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Quote:
I don't know, it's hard to say because the mind is so powerful and can make you see what you want to see
I understand and sympathize. I too have a very over-analyzing, excessively negative mind. You could try some cognitive exercises to assist you in recognizing when your having irrational thoughts and going about correcting them, or at least, ignoring them. If you get into the habit of hosting and entertaining these thoughts they tend to become self-fulfilling prophecies...

Old 12-30-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Have you ever come across a woman who made it obvious she liked you when you approached her? The mind is powerful and can cope well to things. Try not to overthink it.

Last edited by LBomb; 12-31-2012 at 12:05 AM..

Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Probably as in my opinion many guys and gals on here have a negative attitude towards the other gender and a very negative view of their dating options.

I'm of the former as I have a "negative" attitude towards guys as I find guys to be either misogynists or chauvinists.

I'm not of the latter as I'm young, extremely attractive, and apparently appealing to the guys that meet my criteria. I haven't been rejected, I'm not out of options, and whatever type of relationship I want I get.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
I've been trying to change my negative views for a while but it's hard. I've always felt like I'm doomed not to find anybody. As far as somebody not wanting to talk to me. It's not that - I never run into people who don't want to talk to me - it's when I attempt to talk to a girl and don't get any signs of interest at the beginning (she doesn't seem all that interested in talking to me), I tend to give up right away.
Maybe you need to talk someone about it. Despite what some people want to believe, defeating those negative views is not something that's going to happen by snapping your fingers.

The dating game is full of disappointment and being let down and rejection sucks but if you want something bad enough than you'll push through that and go for it. Maybe you don't want a relationship bad enough subconsciously. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you admit it to yourself.

Last edited by Ro2113; 12-31-2012 at 12:50 PM..

Old 12-31-2012, 12:44 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Probably as in my opinion many guys and gals on here have a negative attitude towards the other gender and a very negative view of their dating options.

I'm of the former as I have a "negative" attitude towards guys as I find guys to be either misogynists or chauvinists.

I'm not of the latter as I'm young, extremely attractive, and apparently appealing to the guys that meet my criteria. I haven't been rejected, I'm not out of options, and whatever type of relationship I want I get.
Why have a negative attitude of guys then if your successful with them?

Old 12-31-2012, 12:44 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Caused by low self esteem.

I assume every girl to be single until she tells me she has a boyfriend. No ring = fair game. Why be negative when being negative only makes life worse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships