Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 10:21 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,169,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I think that there are so many women out there who are willing to do anything to get a man, that he doesn't need to put a ring on it anymore.
I don't care too much about the ring itself but the fact that he wants to move it to the next level and settle down. At this point, I wouldn't mind if I were getting marry without a ring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 10:24 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,289,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I don't care too much about the ring itself but the fact that he wants to move it to the next level and settle down. At this point, I wouldn't mind if I were getting marry without a ring.
That was a figure of speech. I meant propose.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
How is this, practically, different than marriage?

You're in a long-term committed monogamous relationship together
It's more serious to me. Dating seems like ones of those ''30 days'' trial period and not the real thing.

LTR: I love you and like your company but wouldn't want to be with you forever. I'm unwilling to take deeper challenges and distrusts you so much.

Marriage: I love you forever and can't be without you and will be willing to accept responsibilities... except the same from you too.... I know this is more complicated but I'm willing to accept this challenge and work it out with you

Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
That was a figure of speech. I meant propose.
Yes. To be honest, I've always been simple. I don't really ask too much. All I'm asking is full commitment. I'll do the same in return.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,340,779 times
Quote:
It's more serious to me. Dating seems like ones of those ''30 days'' trial period and not the real thing.

LTR: I love you and like your company but wouldn't want to be with you forever. I'm unwilling to take deeper challenges and distrusts you so much.

Marriage: I love you forever and can't be without you and will be willing to accept responsibilities... except the same from you too.... I know this is more complicated but I'm willing to accept this challenge and work it out with you
That may be what you think, but what if he thinks

LTR: This is the person that I want to be with for the rest of my life. Our similarities make us compatible and our difference challenge and expand the other.

Marriage: A piece of paper

Old 01-01-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
That may be what you think, but what if he thinks

LTR: This is the person that I want to be with for the rest of my life. Our similarities make us compatible and our difference challenge and expand the other.

Marriage: A piece of paper
Break up and give up on dating completely. Go single for a long while I guess. I just don't see it that way.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,340,779 times
Quote:
Break up
So, this
Quote:
Yes. To be honest, I've always been simple. I don't really ask too much. All I'm asking is full commitment. I'll do the same in return.
is BS.

The above guy was ready to fully commit to you

Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,278,710 times
I've been with my gf for 3 years and will be getting an engagement ring with my tax return. Of course at first we didn't plan on getting married and all, but with time that is what we both want. We want to live forever together with a nice house and some kids. Simple as that. Maybe I'm just weird though and not normal. Meh, it is my life I can do what I want.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 PM

201 posts, read 236,556 times
Quote:
Does this mean I should either just give up and stay single or only focus on dating forever? At times I'm really close to giving up.
If you're ready to give up at the ripe old age of 25, I'd say you're not cut out for marriage anyway.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
So, this

is BS.
Quote:
The above guy was ready to fully commit to you
Then why not move it to the next step? Why not?

What's wrong with signing the so called ''piece of paper'' you said it and creating an even closer bond? Fear that I'm after his money? Total distrust in me?

If he's that distrustful I have no problems signing the pre-nup aggreement. I won't even want his money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships