Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,908,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That justification for paying women less was supposed to have died out long ago. This is outrageous. Is there a reason why you didn't take legal action?

When I worked at a gov't job (state university), AFAIK pay discrimination didn't exist. It wasn't hard to see the payroll stats, especially in small departments. And the department chairmen usually supported staff efforts to recategorize their jobs to qualify for better pay. Of course, it helped tremendously after the university employees formed a clerical union. They could always go to the union if there was a problem.
I wanted to but I knew I couldn't fight them. A coworker sued for racial discrimination (he is Hispanic)and he ended up losing and he thinks he got blackballed and is now in another field. I did go talk to EEO and somehow my employer found out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
This is interesting. This is exactly what Jet Jockey said. Who are these guys? Do they have advanced degrees, too? Why are some guys so threatened by brainy women? Someone should start a thread on that.
I think these were men intimidated by smart women because they can't control them. At least that is always seem to me because when I did online dating at a religious site these men would tell me they don't date women with advanced degrees.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:58 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,642,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Thanks for the ideas... i'm definitely working on those options you have been suggesting. I'm trying to get some money saved up for either prostitutes or to go overseas and find someone.

But I'm just saying, are guys really complaining about "only" getting 5 nights a week? I concur with these guys that married couples have an obligation to try and keep each other satisfied... but 5 nights a week is pretty good i'd say!
Seems more like this obligation is one sided pertaining only to the guys sanctification and truly means 'married women have an obligation to spread her legs on his demand otherwise she's withholding and if she doesn't want to because she's upset with him she's using sex as a weapon'.

As much as guys talk about obligation to keep each other satisfied there's 'her orgasm is her responsibility' and there's quite an orgasm gap as most gals don't orgasm during sex and even with oral an often sure way of achieving female orgasm guys tend to get more than they give. Seems this obligation is less about keeping each other satisfied and more about her showing up satisfactory to his sexual drive.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 PM

102,258 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I think these were men intimidated by smart women because they can't control them. At least that is always seem to me because when I did online dating at a religious site these men would tell me they don't date women with advanced degrees.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,666,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I noticed that when I omitted my education, my 'manly' hobbies and my occupation I got a lot more attention when I was online dating. It seems the dumber and more boring the woman is, the more attractive she is...which is very odd to me.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM

102,258 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
As much as guys talk about obligation to keep each other satisfied there's 'her orgasm is her responsibility' and there's quite an orgasm gap as most gals don't orgasm during sex and even with oral an often sure way of achieving female orgasm guys tend to get more than they give. Seems this obligation is less about keeping each other satisfied and more about her showing up satisfactory to his sexual drive.
And some guys wonder why they don't get sex as often as they'd like!

Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,642,401 times
Quote:
Bit curious as to the age range of your peers as it's not surprising to me as I've heard quite a number of guys with the no advanced degrees policy it seems for them 'smart women' = 'mouth women' and perceived mouthy women often tend to be negatively labeled by guys.

Quote:
Those guys were funny as some of the wives in the scenario I described took my line of 'sex being an awful horribly irresponsible way of handling my orgasm' telling their husbands that they preferred their vibrator/*****.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I noticed that when I omitted my education, my 'manly' hobbies and my occupation I got a lot more attention when I was online dating. It seems the dumber and more boring the woman is, the more attractive she is...which is very odd to me.
Same here. I omitted my education, many of my hobbies (which include video gaming and electronics)and got more hits.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,666,973 times
Quote:
Sex is AWESOME, and I'd be more than happy to do it multiple times a day with the right guy! Unfortunately, my ex also complained about being in a 'sexless relationship' because he did absolutely nothing for me and it was nothing but a huge amount of effort required from me. Sex became a chore because he only cared about himself and basically told me 'it was my problem' to climax, but he demanded my attention. It became a big chore.

So, I wonder how many of those 'sexless marriages' involve men who just don't care about actually putting effort in to their SOs?

Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM

Made a thread about advanced degrees because I wonder how many men have an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships