Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 03:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Partially. What I have noticed--although not experienced personally--is that women who are slightly older and serious minded dont like competition and will eliminate men who they think are out of their league. Men, on the other hand, will take a long shot and think nothing of it.
I think it's because for many women, getting to know a man and getting along with him can make him more attractive to her as time goes on. Apparently, this does not work the same way with men. Either you're hot, or you're not. Period.

So, men can constantly shoot for women out of their league because they may have a chance if they can show her how awesome he is. Women....well... it doesn't matter how cool you are, if he's not attracted that's not changing any time soon.

I don't bother hitting on men who are out of my league physically because there's zero chance they'll ever be interested in me, unless it's just to screw and leave. It's just the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 05:23 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think it's because for many women, getting to know a man and getting along with him can make him more attractive to her as time goes on. Apparently, this does not work the same way with men. Either you're hot, or you're not. Period.

So, men can constantly shoot for women out of their league because they may have a chance if they can show her how awesome he is. Women....well... it doesn't matter how cool you are, if he's not attracted that's not changing any time soon.

I don't bother hitting on men who are out of my league physically because there's zero chance they'll ever be interested in me, unless it's just to screw and leave. It's just the way it is.
great insight. i think that women can be much more realistic than men are.

in general i think that women fear rejection more than men do. women are more sensitive.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:27 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
in general i think that women fear rejection more than men do. women are more sensitive.
I've found it's the opposite. Women take rejection in stride. All the fear-of-approaching, and crying-over-rejection threads here are started by guys. Women approach and get rejected all the time, they just move on. They seem to be more realistic about rejection being a normal part of the game than men do. Or at least, more realistic about it than some of the guys here.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've found it's the opposite. Women take rejection in stride. All the fear-of-approaching, and crying-over-rejection threads here are started by guys. Women approach and get rejected all the time, they just move on. They seem to be more realistic about rejection being a normal part of the game than men do. Or at least, more realistic about it than some of the guys here.
women approach men? they may concoct a plan to lure them in, but straight up hitting on men is rare.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
women approach men? they may concoct a plan to lure them in, but straight up hitting on men is rare.
Eh, I do it all the time and have been rejected all but once. Men can be quite horrible if you don't match up to the physical standards they have in mind. They actually take it as a personal insult if you DARE to talk to to them if you're overweight, or unattractive.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:41 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
A number of guys here have commented they get hit on all the time. Or flirted with, anyway. (The female equivalent of hitting on someone.) A plan to lure them in? This isn't the 50's. Women chat up guys they're interested in. If they don't get much of a response, they move on. Some actually ask men out, if they're interested enough.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:51 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,996,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh man....that reminds me of a guy who was following me on the street letting me know how nice my legs and boobs were in a very lewd manner so I turned to him and said 'Ya know, I have REALLLLY bad diarrhea right now and if I don't get home I'm afraid I'm going to **** my pants' and you know what he said??? 'Girl, my house is probably closer than yours'

So, that may not always work.
This made me lol.

Some guys are so persistent. I only get annoyed when they won't take no for an answer.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:54 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,996,281 times
Quote:
I will make my presence known to a guy I'm interested in but I don't make the move.

Last edited by the minx; 01-12-2013 at 06:26 PM..

Old 01-12-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A number of guys here have commented they get hit on all the time. Or flirted with, anyway. (The female equivalent of hitting on someone.) A plan to lure them in? This isn't the 50's. Women chat up guys they're interested in. If they don't get much of a response, they move on. Some actually ask men out, if they're interested enough.
what the breakdown?

i think that 80 out of 100 dates are initiated by the man approaching the woman.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I will make my presence know to a guy I'm interested in but I don't make the move.
yeah, this is more likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships