Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm all for the crass jokes, but you do realize he had cancer, right??? Hence the reason for one ball???
No, I'm a complete idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 12:22 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I'm telling you what I've seen in the Pacific states and in Atlanta. I call it the "Starbucks" and "Barnes and Noble cafe" test. Of 100 couples walking in, about 85 to 90 of them look like they match. The other 10 or 15 don't. They exist (in the 10 or 15), so I'll acknowledge that.
Gotcha. I've lived in San Diego, Los Angeles, Monterey, Denver, and the Washington D.C. area. I've visited plenty more. What I am describing I have seen in all of these locations. At Starbucks, at Barnes and Noble, at bars, at restaurants, at street fairs, in churches, in shopping malls. You mentioned a bell curve and normal distribution. I am arguing that wild variation from one couple to the next IS normal distribution. Again I argue that you cannot predict human behavior. Attraction is something that is COMPLETELY subjective and therefore "data" will always be unreliable.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Ive actualy always thought im the ****, so nothing has changed in that regard. The reason I started working out, was to get in shape, get rid of my depression and diabetes level blood pressure and cholesterol. I didnt do it to look better or to be more attractive to the ladies, unlike 95% of you panzies.
Just fyi: your advice is greatly appreciated on this board (by those of us intelligent enough to see the wisdom in it).

Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
In my experience it was always the smaller guys who weren't afraid who would get in all the fights. They are the ones to watch out for.
Agreed. It's the medium build guys that are truely hard or just plain crazy, maybe have been in and outa jail a few times and like to fight that you dont want to mess with. My best friend growing up is about 5' 10" 185lbs, fought in the second Iraq war and has 8 confirmed kills, has lots of mixed martial arts training. He dresses like a preppy and is very clean cut but you absolutely do not want to mess with that guy.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:30 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Gotcha. I've lived in San Diego, Los Angeles, Monterey, Denver, and the Washington D.C. area. I've visited plenty more. What I am describing I have seen in all of these locations. At Starbucks, at Barnes and Noble, at bars, at restaurants, at street fairs, in churches, in shopping malls. You mentioned a bell curve and normal distribution. I am arguing that wild variation from one couple to the next IS normal distribution. Again I argue that you cannot predict human behavior. Attraction is something that is COMPLETELY subjective and therefore "data" will always be unreliable.
We'll have to agree to disagree. My sample size of observations is enough to satisfy my belief.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:33 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree. My sample size of observations is enough to satisfy my belief.
Likewise.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Definately wasn't my experience. I never sweated big guys and I never lost to a big guy. Nor am I an internet tough guy. I'm just stating my experiences. I've known many big guys who couldn't fight a lick. All big guys are not tough. I will say this though, that a bigger guy might be messed with less because he would intimidate "some" people. And I agree that a really big guy would definately not stand out as a target (someone to pick on). I mean let's face it. Would you rather pick on a 5'2" guy who is a 120 pounds soaking wet or a meathead? That's simple logic. But not being messed with has nothing to do with weather or not they can really fight. There is a difference. Also, reputations exist for a reason. People who knew me respected me and it wasn't because I was big. You get in enough fights growing up and trust me people remember you. The ones that he would intimidate most likely don't know how to fight anyhow and would be intimidated by anyone who were trying to intimidate them. Big guy or not.

But I strongly disagree with you about all big guys being tough or intimidating. When you get too big you lose speed (which is definately essential for fighting), quickness (some might see as the same, but their not), agility, and flexibility. All you really are is strong. And being strong alone don't mean sh t when it comes to fighting. And this isn't about small guys feeling better about themselves! I've lived it. Besides, I'm 6'1' by the way, so most people don't view me as small. But one night I singlehandedly when I was living in Buffalo years back watched a Kung fu master (a very screwed up one at that) who was probably only 5'4" take out about twenty people in a bar. Craziest thing I've ever witnessed. The guy was a coke head too. I know it's crazy. Truth is often stranger than fiction. After taking two or three guys out, and while others were in the process of breaking up all the craziness, he would slip into the bathroom to do another line of coke. Craziest thing I ever witnessed. That was one time I didn't have to get my hands dirty. I just sat back and watched. I'll never forget that, what a crazy night. The guys name was Dom, and that is all I knew about him. If he came at me I would have tried to take him to the ground. But that night I was simply a spectator.

Once again and back to the topic. I don't really have a clue what all women like. I am not a women so I cannot speak on behalf of all women. But from what I've seen, they tend to like guys who are cut up but not too big. But once again, that is just my opinion and from my experience. Doesn't mean I'm right and it doesn't mean I'm wrong. I tend to agree with Ascension, that women go for the more lean muscle look like myself rather than meatheads. Atleast that's been my experience.
I dont know what all women want either, Im just trying to call out BS when I see it. The poster you were replying to, stated how smaller guys are tougher etc etc, which is of course pure nonsense. Truth is, you cannot tell if a guy is tough, a good protector or a martial art master. My point was that women find bigger and mascular guys more dominant subconsciously. Men are guilty of the same when we are msotly attracted to young beautiful women. It is so, because we subconsciously equate youthfulness and beauty with fertility. However in a conscious world it is easy to see that it isnt always a correct assumption. Same goes for small guys and big guys. If you take two random guys off the street, and their toughness or martial arts training are both unknown, but one guy is tall and mascular while the other guy is short and tiny, I think its safe to suggest that the bigger guy is in fact the tougher opponent and a better protector, simply because og his size and assumed strength. Its just common sense.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Just fyi: your advice is greatly appreciated on this board (by those of us intelligent enough to see the wisdom in it).
Thanks Capt. FOr a young dude, I find your opinions way mature and on point when it comes to dating. Good for you, youll have a great life. Wish I knew what you know at your age. Cheers

Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm all for the crass jokes, but you do realize he had cancer, right??? Hence the reason for one ball???
He certainly did a decent amount of breeding with that one ball. Regardless, I've lost respect for him, especially after watching that "60 Minutes" episode where they interviewed that guy that was his friend or teammate. Some friend, huh?

Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
He certainly did a decent amount of breeding with that one ball. Regardless, I've lost respect for him, especially after watching that "60 Minutes" episode where they interviewed that guy that was his friend or teammate. Some friend, huh?
I've actually never gave a **** about the guy, never gave a **** about his sport, never cared about whether he doped or didn't...... frankly I've got better things to worry about. I'll just be glad when the crap about him doping goes away.......

I really couldn't care any less... LOL

I've been hearing the guy is an obnoxious ass as of late, so that adds another not giving a **** level to not caring about the guy....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships