Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times

Advertisements

Here in Colorado, since I'm the only person who doesn't smoke weed, last year I had a woman tell me "you don't smoke? Really?" And was shocked. Never heard from her again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,689,196 times
I don't really give a flying **** about your study or your opinion. The person above me asked for a citation, but was apparently too high to look it up

Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM

20,397 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Here in Colorado, since I'm the only person who doesn't smoke weed, last year I had a woman tell me "you don't smoke? Really?" And was shocked. Never heard from her again.
I think this is silly. I live in Colorado and know tons of people who don't smoke. Furthermore I haven't really seen much change in people's habits since Amdt 64 passed. People who weren't smokers still aren't and people who were doing it illegally before are still doing it now. The main change IMO was that the State of Colorado won't be wasting money chasing people and jailing them over it anymore (it is to be hoped.) And seriously while someone might have one opinion in general that something is more or less OK, doesn't mean they want it in their house or be romantically involved with someone who smokes.

A person can reject a potential love interest for any reason or no reason, and be perfectly justified. No one is obligated to love any other person. You can totally like and accept a person and still not want to swap fluids with 'em. It's a big ol' sea...just cast your (hemp) net back out there and surely you'll catch a more suitable fish for you sooner or later.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I think this is silly. I live in Colorado and know tons of people who don't smoke. Furthermore I haven't really seen much change in people's habits since Amdt 64 passed. People who weren't smokers still aren't and people who were doing it illegally before are still doing it now. The main change IMO was that the State of Colorado won't be wasting money chasing people and jailing them over it anymore (it is to be hoped.) And seriously while someone might have one opinion in general that something is more or less OK, doesn't mean they want it in their house or be romantically involved with someone who smokes.

A person can reject a potential love interest for any reason or no reason, and be perfectly justified. No one is obligated to love any other person. You can totally like and accept a person and still not want to swap fluids with 'em. It's a big ol' sea...just cast your (hemp) net back out there and surely you'll catch a more suitable fish for you sooner or later.
I have no idea what you're trying to say. What does Amendment 64 have to do with anything? She rejected ME because I don't smoke dope. This was 2 years ago. Here EVERYONE smokes the stuff, I mean everyone. Hemp net? What is that? Can I catch trout with it?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
I don't really give a flying **** about your study or your opinion.
Backatcha, holmes

Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,027,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Doctors are people, and they have their vices.

I know a heart surgeon who loves his big old cigars. He of course knows very clearly what they do to your body and particularly your heart, but he still smokes.
Exactly. Plus people don't know what their doctors and nurses do at home. I tend to be the kind of person people open up to a lot and it's mostly a blessing but sometimes a curse. To think that doctors and nurses always practice what they preach is kind of silly. I'm sure some are health nuts but some also aren't. But I'm getting way off topic here. I think it's a myth that only unproductive and unmotivated people smoke. I guess that was the point I was more or less trying to make. I really couldn't care less one way or the other if people do or don't myself. As long as it doesn't get in the way of them being productive, who am I to tell them what to do?

Last edited by carlitasway; 01-24-2013 at 12:40 PM..

Old 01-24-2013, 01:21 PM

20,397 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I have no idea what you're trying to say. What does Amendment 64 have to do with anything? She rejected ME because I don't smoke dope. This was 2 years ago. Here EVERYONE smokes the stuff, I mean everyone. Hemp net? What is that? Can I catch trout with it?
LOL sorry...that was a rather random switch mid-post, from addressing the CO specific situation, back to addressing the concept of the OP. My bad.

(Not stoned, but brain still feels fried out from boredom today.) :P

Oh, and you could totally catch a trout with a net made out of hemp. Haven't you heard? Hemp is about the most useful thing ever!

My point was that I hear lots of people talking, including now you, about how everyone in this state smokes, especially since the amendment passed. Living here, I just don't see it. Maybe it's your age demographic, I'm 34 and work in an office. *shrug*

Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,482 times
Most of my family lives in Denver and none of them smoke out. My cousin who lives in KC and I are the only ones in my family that smoke out. So I guess it's not true that everyone in CO smokes weed....Come to think of it, no one in my office smoked when I lived there and neither did any of the people I mountain biked with.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
I think they are just boring and unfulfilled, which is why they lash out and have to let their fellow CD'ers know how DARE indoctrinated they are. You can see the hatred and virtol spewed by them. We are just kinda like "Okay, your lame, that's cool, can we stay on topic?"

Go figure the tokers on CD are more chill and easy going people? Eh? And go figure it was the tokers who actually answered the question and did not hijack the thread?
what thread did you read? it was the same back and forth "spewing" regardless of smoker or not.

USER: "i like cake and enjoy it better high!"
NON USER: "well i like cake and enjoy it just fine without the weed"
USER: "whatever man its completely boring without it, you just dont understand"
NON USER: "i understand just fine..."
USER: "no you dont"
NON USER: "yes i do"

and so on and so forth and reversed.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:05 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,779 times
I have rejected a few people for smoking weed. I don't smoke at all or do any drugs.

After seeing first hand growing up what it's like to deal with a drug addict, I made a decision a long time ago to never date anyone who did drugs. And the way I see it, if I am going to do that I have to do it across the board. I'm not going to sit and say well this drug is ok but this one is not.

I have nothing against people who do smoke, it's just simply a preference that I have to not date one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships