Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 03:55 PM

7 posts, read 8,382 times

Advertisements

I usually don't give it up so quickly...like I said that was my 2nd time...being 22 I honestly just recently lost my viginity last year so I'm doing quite well with that...I'm very picky with who I date and hang out with so I would understand if I ***** myself out but I dont. I'm not saying I regret it...it already happened so no use for crying over spilled milk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 03:57 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
So you banged on the second date and after that he ignored you and you noticed he was still on the dating site and you're wondering what's going on?!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
I heard on the radio from a sex therapist (I think) that 90% of relationships in which the people had sex before 30 days didn't last a year. I'm no prude, but I can't help but think about this. You might try making a guy wait a month at least before having sex. As for this guy, I think you have to move on, or at the very least wait for him to contact you. Do not initiate contact. He hasn't treated you right and you have to decide if its worth it even if he does contact you. As for the depression over his mother, or whatever else is going on, he should have thought of that before going out with you. I've been depressed off and on for years, but whenever I met a woman I was interested in, I pursued her.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
You have learnt the first in a long line of harsh lessons.

Sadly, you were brought up by your parents to believe in the fairy tale, you will meet Mr Wonderful and the two of you will pair off and drift into the distance happily ever after.

Reality is a different story.

In the real world, most youngish men (especially those on dating sites) will do and say literally anything, to get laid.

They don't even care who they are shagging, as long as they get it. This is not necessarily their fault, they are hunters by birth, and women the prey. We are weaker physically so we have to use our "feminine wiles" to win the game of love, not just sit there all innocent and trusting, like a wide eyed baby deer just waiting to be mowed down by a mac truck.

A lot of young men are not "Prince Charming Looking For The One". They are" Young Buck Feeling His Oats" (and anyone elses he can get his grabby little hands on). This drive does tend to fade with age and experience fortunately, which is when they usually "settle down".

This is particularly true for some men on dating sites, who tend to view the women available as items on a shelf in a supermarket, to be taken home, consumed, and tossed out afterwards.

If he stumbles over a very high class product in a relatively cheap can, he may keep it, other than that you may as well be plain pack for all the feelings he has for you.

Sorry, it's harsh I know. Get a copy of "He's Just Not That Into You" and read it, reread it if you have to. Get the basics through your head. If he likes you, he shows it. Period. He is not "depressed" or having family problems, he just doesn't care.

YOU should be in charge of your own love life, at all times. If he's not making you happy, he's not worth your time or your affections.

Forget him. He'll probably leave you on the back burner for a few weeks while he knocks off another couple of bambis, then call you up and say "hey" like nothing ever happened.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:11 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
He wanted a, "glass of milk"--> and you gave it to him.

He's on to the next glass.

If he doesn''t/can not get a 'glass' from a different source-then he may come back simply to quench his thirst.

Move on. Learn the lesson NOW.

And if you expect long term, don't give it up short term.

Last edited by picklejuice; 01-27-2013 at 05:19 PM..

Old 01-27-2013, 05:12 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Sadly I think you got played. He got sex from you and now he's lost interest and moved on. Don't sleep with someone expecting it will change anything or think that because you had sex you're in a relationship. I agree he's full of excuses. If he wanted to make time for you he would. Lots of us have had to learn this lesson the hard way.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,890 times
Default Hate to say this but...

I'm sure someone has already stated it, but if not here it goes, he wanted sex, he got sex, now he's trying to find a way out of not speaking to you anymore. Sounds like he's trying to make it your fault, and drumming up excuses about problems with the family, I bet his mom is alive or has been dead for quite some time. But these my dear are excuses to break it off with you. Don't give it another thought, and it you're expecting someone to possibly be with you seriously after you have sex with them, then you need to state that from the beginning, and don't give it up on the second date or any time soon.

Sorry you had to go through this, but let this be a lesson.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Sadly I think you got played. He got sex from you and now he's lost interest and moved on. Don't sleep with someone expecting it will change anything or think that because you had sex you're in a relationship. I agree he's full of excuses. If he wanted to make time for you he would. Lots of us have had to learn this lesson the hard way.
All too true. I learned this the hard way when I slept with a guy very early in dating thinking we were dating, only to see him disappear. I figured out that sadly younger men in general (not all but many)do this and I suspect it is worse now because of online dating. It's one thing to sleep with someone just for fun with no expectations but if sleeping with a guy thinking it is a relationship is so bad on many levels.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
OP wait till you hit 40 - all the men are totally desperate and would do anything for a wife - the ones I know, anyway. They all want love and someone to come home to.

The scenario is totally reversed - over 40ish women tend to not want men laying about on their sofas and hogging their remotes, so generally speaking, the older male languishes alone and unloved...especially the ones who used to think of themselves as "players".

What goes around, comes around.

You will likely get to shag then cruelly reject as many men as you choose, when you're a bit older.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbm90 View Post
,I'm really not but since we had sex I just wanted to know where we stood in this "relationship".
Perhaps you should find out where you stand before sleeping with someone. Probably a good rule of thumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships