Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 01:01 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh, I have no problems believing he gets women..MRA's and PUA's like him get plenty of tail from sad girls with super low self esteem, I swear they have a radar for it. Love? Actual affection and caring? A healthy, loving relationship? Those are NOT things guys like that get.

Of course, most of them just want to screw different women and could care less about actually having a relationship.
Well said.... He gets a broken person who will put up with that sh*t. Emotionally healthy people with self-respect don't go there. He probably doesn't even see the difference as, with his antics, he's unlikely had a relationship with an emotionally healthy woman. He attracts women from the same sad pool, which is why he continues to have bad experiences and opinions of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 01:56 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
Originally Posted by Locutus of Board: What women say that they will do and what they actually do are two completely different things.

Response from Dewdrop93: Actually, not really. Honestly - if any guy disrespected me in the ways that you are advising them to do - I would not be with them. My husband (see - I'm actually married) - respects me and loves me and would NEVER treat me the way you are advising people to treat their SO's. Luckily, I doubt anyone would listen to your advice and if they do - they deserve what they get!

================================================== ================================================== ====

Response to both LOCUTUS OF BOARD and DEWDROP93 (though primarily to DEWDROP93):

I don't care if there are women in this world who want a "bad boy" or "bad man" or "dangerous man" and who (as LOCUTUS urges) wish to be disrespected, taunted, criticized, have their heads played with, et al. I refuse to treat any woman like that and I will not accept any woman treating ME like that. If that means that I have to be a single person for the rest of my life until my dying day, then so be it. I set a high standard or watermark for behavior that I will live up to and I expect any woman I'm involved with to be do likewise regarding me.

So for any of you women out there that are looking for "game" from me to excite you and keep you interested: My "game" is to treat you with dignity, respect and love (assuming you are worthy of it in the first place and continue to remain worthy of it over time), to care about your feelings and personhood, to view you as my significant-other and partner/soulmate in life, and treat you like I treat myself. My "game" is to give a woman ALL that she deserves from me if she is my S.O. in life (assuming that she maintains this same character and outlook in life). There are a host of other ways to "spice" up life between a couple and keep it interesting, exciting, full of wonder, etc. I will not resort to mistreatment, even if there are women who seek this. That is their problem and I pity them for having this kind of psychological makeup but don't need or want them. If I mistreat YOU, then I am inviting you to mistreat ME. And that is not how I operate. And you should set a higher standard for yourself than to allow this kind of treatment from any man.

P.S.: I have known a woman sort of like this that I worked alongside with in a company. She said to me once: "I can't stand wimpy guys. Like if I say to them 'Jump!', they ask 'How high?' I want a man who stands up to me and fights me. I want a man who is a challenge, who has a backbone, not some wimp."

I stand up to any woman (or man) if and when it is truly called for. I don't challenge or confront just to challenge or confront just so the woman can be excited and maintain her interest and commitment. If she needs to always be fought with and to always maintain a high adrenalin level to have a relationship with a man, then perhaps she would do herself well to seek some psychological or psychiatric help or counseling to deal with her self-esteem and self-image issues.

Last edited by UsAll; 02-03-2013 at 02:18 PM..

Old 02-03-2013, 01:58 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Even when I was a kid, I thought 'bad boys' were immature, stupid, and reckless...all in some insecure attempt to be something they were not: cool. Like they weren't grown up...just acting stupid for no reason.

I don't know any woman who really likes bad boys. But my friends are educated and have self-esteem and good judgment.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Even when I was a kid, I thought 'bad boys' were immature, stupid, and reckless...all in some insecure attempt to be something they were not: cool. Like they weren't grown up...just acting stupid for no reason.

I don't know any woman who really likes bad boys. But my friends are educated and have self-esteem and good judgment.
I was the same way...I think playing in bands let me see the 'bad' side of the bad boys. The cheating, the drama, the baby-momma's coming out of the woodwork, acting like 12 year olds when they were supposed to be grown men etc etc.

It's just not attractive at all.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Honestly, I am probably the only person on earth besides Mr Mooney and his sister who found Ferris Bueller annoying and unattractive. I can't stand people like him at all. He's actually a bit of a sociopath.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
To any of you experienced and long-term users of CITY-DATA.COM:

Can any of you inform me as to if it is possible, when any person gives a response (a posting) responding to any one of my own postings anywhere on CD.COM, that CD.COM can somehow notify me by either (a) flagging me whenever I enter CD.COM if there as been a posting by someone who is responding to whatever of my postings on CD.COM (like we get flagged on the top of any CD.COM webpage where it says "Welcome, <username>" if someone sends us a DM or gives us a Reputation Point), or else (b) notifies me by email every single time whenever there has been a posting by someone who is responding to whatever of my postings on CD.COM (so that I know to go to that CD.COM forum to look for said person's response to me).

In summary: If we can all get notified of reputation points (and their accompanying messages) and of Direct Messages when they get sent to us, can we also ALWAYS get notified whenever someone posts a response to one of our own postings in any forum or section on CD.COM? It is time-consuming and tiring to always have to be logging in and searching every single forum that I have contributed to (if I can remember them all) to see if their are any postings responding to any of my postings. There must be a better way (hopefully).

Please help me know this infomation. Thank you!

Last edited by UsAll; 02-03-2013 at 11:01 PM..

Old 02-04-2013, 12:07 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I just assumed that you must be in a happy marriage where you often criticize your wife and point out her flaws since you are advising other people to do so.
I feel like you guys should be somewhere in the middle. You got lucky in a great marriage so you don't share the hate, but he is irrational so you wont deal with him. I feel like we should have a thread where we go against our feelings.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:59 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Well my mum met my father, who left her for someone else and then married an abusive step-father who she was okay with abusing me, so I say yes, certain women love bad boys and dangerous men, especially around their children.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:03 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Same here. I've never known any women interested in bad boys; not when I was in my teens, nor since.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,811 times
I personally am not, and tend to go for quiet/reserved guys.

But, I do have a few single friends who go for these types. May I say that nothing but heartache befalls them?

As with everything else in life, to each his (or in this instance "her") own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships